we were supposed to be a year away...

5XNC

Senior
holy crap at what we have coming back and then the depth for next year. this year, figured we'd have more wins than last and finish well going into next season. look at what we have coming back next season and depth behind our starters and sprinkle in the handful of incoming freshmen who will make an impact. we should be a top 5 team.

if we can get one of norton and mcintosh to come back and if walton comes back, holy ****.

we'll have depth and most starters back on both sides of the ball and have guys filling in where we lose starters. on offense, lose berrios but thomas and harley and incoming freshmen will step up. lose darling and mcdermott and have gaynor and mahoney and some redshirts filling in.

on defense, lose thomas and harris but d end is the least worry with who we have coming back and incoming. need willis to come back. lose delaney but not concerned with bandy and young and jackson and incoming freshmen.

gotta replace kicker.

all in all we lose very few players we won't be able to replace.

Advertisement
Thomas and Harris will be miss. Thomas versatility is underrated...Harris, is like our on field defensive coordinator *knows this system like he created it).

Advertisement
No more wait for next year. The time is now.
Just find ways to win. Every team is beatable.

i know thomas and harris will be missed, but, again, d end is the least of my concerns. we bring too many studs back at the position. not worried about replacing delaney. gauthier, donaldson, gaynor, mahoney, st. louis and some of the young guys will fill in. who else is irreplaceable?

colombie, agreed, but, i think most figured us with about 3 loses. we had/have the talent, but not the depth. next year, preseason, things will look a lot different and we'll come in with a much higher ranking based on returning talent.

we'll be favored in every game from here on out.

In terms of winning a title we are a year away. In terms of winning the Coastal and possibly the ACC ( though Clemson still has to be the favorite) then this is realistic this season. I thought going into the season this was a 12-2 team now I think we are 12-1 ( since we lost a game ) . 12-1 and a top 5 finish is insane for year 2 of a rebuild. Also Walton is gone for sure and it makes sense as he wouldn't play ahead of Homer IMO next season and Liggard is a just a phenom and the other freshman we are brining in is a stud as well. Also can't sleep on a healthy burns as he was a top 10 RB in HS when healthy IMO.

Advertisement
I hear ya 5x but let's worry about next season next season.
This season looks very promising.

I never agree with this next season mantra. We are going to lose important players. Look at the LBs, they played better last season

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

no looking forward to next season. excited about this season. will be favored in every game here on out. get a few guys healthy for the november run and we should be good. shouldn't need everyone for cuse. hopefully get donaldson and delaney and richards back in the next week or so.

supacane, what important players do you think we lose that we won't be able to fill with talented kids and not miss a beat?

Advertisement
I think we are still a little off. Not saying we can't win games, but when I think of being back, I think of being at a point where we are pretty much favored no matter who we are playing. I don't see that yet.

Need to get healthy...injuries are mounting up and no easy games left.

Advertisement
In terms of winning a title we are a year away. In terms of winning the Coastal and possibly the ACC ( though Clemson still has to be the favorite) then this is realistic this season. I thought going into the season this was a 12-2 team now I think we are 12-1 ( since we lost a game ) . 12-1 and a top 5 finish is insane for year 2 of a rebuild. Also Walton is gone for sure and it makes sense as he wouldn't play ahead of Homer IMO next season and Liggard is a just a phenom and the other freshman we are brining in is a stud as well. Also can't sleep on a healthy burns as he was a top 10 RB in HS when healthy IMO.

Y'all are getting way ahead of yourself. We have a long way to go before we are a 12-1 type team. Not going to happen this year.

Our coaches need to figure out the following:
* We will be relying on Freshmen at TE and CB
* We have at least 2 and probably 4 NFL-level DL departing.
* We lose two starting OL
* Our second string at LB is serviceable but not exceptional
* We'll need to replace Badgley

We're not stacked like an OSU or Bama yet. The talent will absolutely be there. But we still have to count on minimal injuries and some luck to get to the ACCCG, let alone the BCS playoffs, both this year and next.

The good news is that the vector is all in the right direction. If Richt keeps recruiting like he's doing, we're well on our way to becoming a juggernaut again.

Y'all are getting way ahead of yourself. We have a long way to go before we are a 12-1 type team. Not going to happen this year.

It may not happen but don't be so certain it won't.
Every team out there is beatable. Not only on our Schedule or in our Conference but also around the Country.

Advertisement
Back