we were supposed to be a year away...

if neither us or ND loses another game, we will be favored as the home and higher ranked team going into that game.

Advertisement
We are long overdue to have one of our highly rated juniors come back for their senior year. Hopefully the prospect of a serious run next year can convince McIntosh and/or Norton to do that. If they come back, our defense should be lights out.

We're one of those teams that has talent, but we have a razor thin margin of error. So much more parity in college football these days.

My goal for this season is still to win the Coastal. Need to take that step.

ACC is so close it's nuts. Gone are the days of teams losing 3 conference games and still winning the Coastal. You've got maybe 1 conference loss you can take, and it better not be to a team that own a tie breaker over you if they only lose 1.

We're one of those teams that has talent, but we have a razor thin margin of error. So much more parity in college football these days.

My goal for this season is still to win the Coastal. Need to take that step.

ACC is so close it's nuts. Gone are the days of teams losing 3 conference games and still winning the Coastal. You've got maybe 1 conference loss you can take, and it better not be to a team that own a tie breaker over you if they only lose 1.

My thoughts exactly. Win, no matter how ugly, and keep building.

No more wait for next year. The time is now.
Just find ways to win. Every team is beatable.

TThis great coaches like the one we have can win with what we have this year, they develop the players they have like what we see going on!

Advertisement
We have a 3 Star kicker from Texas Bubba Baxa who has kicked a 70 yarder in practice so he has good leg

BTW, we shouldn't sleep on UVA this year either. The temptation is there, since they've been a dumpster fire for so long - but they look solid on offense. The put a beating on Boise on the road.

None of us are expecting undefeated probably going forward

Reasonably talking we could end up with one loss. If that one loss is ND and then we beat Clemson (who is beatable) then we're in the playoffs.

Something like this has a higher possibility than ever before because of all those team's losing this weekend.

Not saying itll happen but certainly not looking to next year yet

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
None of us are expecting undefeated probably going forward

Reasonably talking we could end up with one loss. If that one loss is ND and then we beat Clemson (who is beatable) then we're in the playoffs.

Something like this has a higher possibility than ever before because of all those team's losing this weekend.

Not saying itll happen but certainly not looking to next year yet

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This!!

**** all that talk about next season we ain't backing down from nobody right now.

vtech is going to be a problem.

I agree, BUT am I crazy for thinking GT is a better team?

I know they had that Tennessee game at the beginning but they still ran for 500 yards in that game and dominated just stupid defensive mis assignments on opening weekend.

GT will finish ranked, which will bode well for us.

vtech is going to be a problem.

They will definitely be a problem but saving grace is that we have them at home. If we played them on the road....oh boy.

We have a better shot this year then we do next year. Next year we’ve got (besides LSU in Dallas) all tough road acc games (VT, UNC, etc) even though we have fsu at home (which will be tough as well).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man next year will definitely be our year... I'm waiting to see that kid Silvera play, that dude is the next thing closest to Warren Sapp. Give that man one more star. That **** doesn't make sense

Win and survive each week. No, this isn't a vintage UM team( give it another recruiting class or two) but it's one with promise and talent- but with some holes. But this program and fan-base are now starting to believe - and belief is a powerful tool.

DMoney and I were watching the Clemson-Cuse game on Friday and he said he absolutely hated the thought of expanding the college FB playoff to 8 teams. Thought it would ruin the sport and y'know, he turned me his way. And after this weekend, well, lets just keep finding ways to win and see where this takes us. I believe this whole heartedly, this isnt 2013. This squad has much more substance and beyond that, talent and coaching

We’re prettt **** good this year but still pretty young. We’ll be really good next season. I foresee a pre season top 5 ranking especially if we finish off strong this season.

Need to figure out the LT of the future too

True. McDermott has been playing like a grown man and not getting enough credit this year.

He had a couple ****ups vs GT...not knowing the snap count on 1 play, and not knowing the play on another and a timeout was used.

As for the OP, both Richt and Diaz said last December we were 2 classes away from the depth being where they want it.

Advertisement
Back