we were supposed to be a year away...

supacane, what important players do you think we lose that we won't be able to fill with talented kids and not miss a beat?
Chad, Berrios. If i remember correct McDermott is a SR. These players are good players. And u can't replace their knowledge just because someone is talented. I'm not saying it can't happen but people assume it's just gonna happen. I personally embrace now, this year. Other teams improve as well.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
In terms of winning a title we are a year away. In terms of winning the Coastal and possibly the ACC ( though Clemson still has to be the favorite) then this is realistic this season. I thought going into the season this was a 12-2 team now I think we are 12-1 ( since we lost a game ) . 12-1 and a top 5 finish is insane for year 2 of a rebuild. Also Walton is gone for sure and it makes sense as he wouldn't play ahead of Homer IMO next season and Liggard is a just a phenom and the other freshman we are brining in is a stud as well. Also can't sleep on a healthy burns as he was a top 10 RB in HS when healthy IMO.

Y'all are getting way ahead of yourself. We have a long way to go before we are a 12-1 type team. Not going to happen this year.

Incase you've missed this year in college football nobody is really that good outside of Bama. There's nobody given our best 4 quarters we can't beat.

grover,
herndon will be a loss, but, irvin and and the true freshmen will step up. that's probably the one place we may see a drop off.
oline? not worried about replacing darling with one of our younger guys getting reps. replacing mcdermott? another slight worry, but should be fine.
d end? stacked with talent. jackson, jackson, johnson, garvin, patchan etc.
dt? i don't see both leaving and getting willis back and bethel and ford another year older, should be fine.
lb? our starters, perry, smith, wilder, jennings, gordonier...we have talent and depth
k? we need a kicker.

Thomas and Harris will be miss. Thomas versatility is underrated...Harris, is like our on field defensive coordinator *knows this system like he created it).

Thomas has to lead the nation in uncalled holding calls. But he's in the backfield quite often. He's had a fine career at Miami, especially in the last 2 seasons. But I think he's going to be one of those guys that takes a significant leap in the NFL - because he's going to finally get those holding calls.

sup,
i agree, but again, not worried about d end. berrios? stud. but i expect thomas and harley to make that leap. mcdermott? ok, need to find someone. but what we have coming back compared to what everyone else is losing, gotta think we are returning a lot.

Advertisement
Could Langham be a Tight End next year? Since we lose Herndon?

Watching his press conference I didn't realize how massive he is. His frame could easily support another 30 lbs.

i think we r two years away from being what we really want to be dominant..........we r good but not miami good yet

Sounds like an offseason post right here....

We have everything in front of us and honestly the only team I dont feel completely confident about is Bama

Advertisement

Watching his press conference I didn't realize how massive he is. His frame could easily support another 30 lbs.

I don't think we will need him to move. Irvin is playing pretty well so far this year, Polendy has redshirted I believe. After that we have two of the most talented TE recruits in the country coming in. We should be fine at the position.

I think we are still a little off. Not saying we can't win games, but when I think of being back, I think of being at a point where we are pretty much favored no matter who we are playing. I don't see that yet.

I agree completely.

My take is that we have a chance to win all our games. Two white knucklers in a row though and it wouldn't surprise me if we dropped basically any of our remaining games.

Our get off when the whistle blows needs to pick up. We are getting outprepared week in and week out, but thankfully this team seemingly believes the second half is theirs to the very last minute if need be.

Ultimately, a win is a win no matter how ugly. We've got the playing until the final whistle part down, we just need a dominate first half where we dictate the play and then I will feel like we're almost there.

Advertisement
I think we are a year away from being dominant. I don't think we quite have the horses at certain positions and our depth is paper thin.

We're definitely building something here, as evidenced by the wins over FSU and GT (coming back from 11 points down), but we're not quite there yet.

We're good enough to win the ACC Coastal though, which would be a first.

I don't think we will need him to move. Irvin is playing pretty well so far this year, Polendy has redshirted I believe. After that we have two of the most talented TE recruits in the country coming in. We should be fine at the position.

I'm sure he's been on the field this year.

Advertisement

I'm sure he's been on the field this year.

That actually makes more sense than red shirting him considering the talent coming in at the position.

holy crap at what we have coming back and then the depth for next year. this year, figured we'd have more wins than last and finish well going into next season. look at what we have coming back next season and depth behind our starters and sprinkle in the handful of incoming freshmen who will make an impact. we should be a top 5 team.

if we can get one of norton and mcintosh to come back and if walton comes back, holy ****.

we'll have depth and most starters back on both sides of the ball and have guys filling in where we lose starters. on offense, lose berrios but thomas and harley and incoming freshmen will step up. lose darling and mcdermott and have gaynor and mahoney and some redshirts filling in.

on defense, lose thomas and harris but d end is the least worry with who we have coming back and incoming. need willis to come back. lose delaney but not concerned with bandy and young and jackson and incoming freshmen.

gotta replace kicker.

all in all we lose very few players we won't be able to replace.

I think Miami will get more players back then we expect, NOW if our Canes can do the unthinkable then we could see players decide to leave early.. BUT this team could return a lot of players for next year!! THIS could by the year, BUT I definitely agree..

I think we are still a little off. Not saying we can't win games, but when I think of being back, I think of being at a point where we are pretty much favored no matter who we are playing. I don't see that yet.

I agree completely.

My take is that we have a chance to win all our games. Two white knucklers in a row though and it wouldn't surprise me if we dropped basically any of our remaining games.

Our get off when the whistle blows needs to pick up. We are getting outprepared week in and week out, but thankfully this team seemingly believes the second half is theirs to the very last minute if need be.

Ultimately, a win is a win no matter how ugly. We've got the playing until the final whistle part down, we just need a dominate first half where we dictate the play and then I will feel like we're almost there.

I agree as well.. A WIN is a WIN, this is why I say "One Week at a Time"!! This team is not perfect and our Canes have a lot of improving that's needed before we can be considered "BACK".. BUT the good thing is our boys are showing that will to WIN, and that is big moving forward.. Miami has made a point that they can make the proper adjustments late in games to pull them out.. I really think Miami is dealing with players not being 100% and that's affecting our Canes, I think once they will have a chance to rest and get healthy we will see a better team.. This week was crazy for our Canes, we were out a few key players and it made a difference BUT like you said "a win is a win"!!

we will be favored in every game. who do you see us losing to?

Not clear at all that we will be favored against ND, and maybe not VT. Regardless, if we are life and death to beat G'Tech - those are better teams. I don't expect us to lose those games, but neither one would be a shock. And that's not counting a ACCCG and a top bowl.

Advertisement
Back