WE WANT TOM HERMAN OR JUSTIN FUENTE

Just my opinion, but I think it's going to be Strong. No way he survives Texas. The man will be fired immediately after last game and I think UM hires him the week after...

Not saying good or bad. Just that it makes sense to me.

Advertisement
Jimmy was a river boat gambler but he did it at appropriate times. Herman, down by 13 with 13 minutes to play, eschewed a somewhat sure fg to go for a 4-10. He got that one. Then when faced with 4-9 inside the ten, he went for it again and came up completely empty. You don't get away with that chit in the ACC or any other power 5 conference. I don't think Jimmy would have done that twice even though Memphis isn't very good.

Yeah, maybe so. Maybe so. They were still down 2 td's with 9min to go at that point. He took a shot.

It worked out for him in the end.
Yep. He's also a first year head coach. He's still learning. He will get better

He thinks like a savage. I'm going to get this right now, because I want it right now. I'm going to score here. Then we're going to get a 3 and out and then we're going to score again.

Constantly pressing towards the victory as opposed to treating entire football games like you're protecting a large lead, even though it's the first quarter, and soon because of your style, you will face a large deficit (I'm looking at you D'Onofrio).

His style is largely based in aggression and that's what Jimmy was about here. We need somebody to let the savages LOOSE here man.

exactly!

But our staff and team are brainwashed soft idiots... Larry Scott after the half "we have to play as if its 0-0". No you dumb ***, you have to play as if your getting your *** handed to you, and fight as if you got nothing to lose.

Jimmy was a river boat gambler but he did it at appropriate times. Herman, down by 13 with 13 minutes to play, eschewed a somewhat sure fg to go for a 4-10. He got that one. Then when faced with 4-9 inside the ten, he went for it again and came up completely empty. You don't get away with that chit in the ACC or any other power 5 conference. I don't think Jimmy would have done that twice even though Memphis isn't very good.

Yeah, maybe so. Maybe so. They were still down 2 td's with 9min to go at that point. He took a shot.

It worked out for him in the end.
Yep. He's also a first year head coach. He's still learning. He will get better

He thinks like a savage. I'm going to get this right now, because I want it right now. I'm going to score here. Then we're going to get a 3 and out and then we're going to score again.

Constantly pressing towards the victory as opposed to treating entire football games like you're protecting a large lead, even though it's the first quarter, and soon because of your style, you will face a large deficit (I'm looking at you D'Onofrio).

His style is largely based in aggression and that's what Jimmy was about here. We need somebody to let the savages LOOSE here man.

exactly!

But our staff and team are brainwashed soft idiots... Larry Scott after the half "we have to play as if its 0-0". No you dumb ***, you have to play as if your getting your *** handed to you, and fight as if you got nothing to lose.

Well, how did the work out for him? He still lost the 2nd half 28-21.

I remain a fan of Butch but really could care less about the whole "Miami" connection thing.

Winning is the Miami connection I want.

There are risks with any coaching candidate. Herman hasn't coached a full year yet. Lot of unknowns.

But what I've seen from that Houston team this year is there is zero quit on that team.

I could get behind Herman.

I agree with this 100%. I want Butch but if that doesn't happen I have no interest in any of the other guys with "Miami ties". I especially don't want Cristobal. He literally hasn't had any success as even a position coach much less a coordinator or head coach. How he can even be a candidate blows my mind when they claim to know how important this hire is. I don't really want Strong either but I would take him over Cristobal in a heartbeat.

If it isn't going to be Butch or a pipe dream hire like Patterson or Chip Kelly then I want Tom Herman. I don't care about whether or not he has had any past success recruiting the Miami area. By far the best recruiter there is a is a winning program. You will never convince me that Saban needs Cristobal or anybody else for that matter to recruit south Florida. That is a myth.

There's a lot of smoke out there about Herman to USCe, especially with the reports that USCe is close to naming their coach soon. I really hope we don;t get outbid by Fake Carolina, and if we do, I hope Flake doesn't panic and turn to Wario. On the flip side, if Herman is the new coach at Carolina, I hope we did at least look at him. If we miss out on Herman, just make Butch the coach (assuming we can't hit a home run).

Advertisement
Herman has the attitude to lead Miami, go watch videos on him. He is the real deal. Don't get me wrong it's Herman or Butch but our #1 should be Herman. If Herman doesn't feel like Miami is a good fit you hire Butch. No consultants needed.

Advertisement
Back