WE WANT TOM HERMAN OR JUSTIN FUENTE

Jimmy was a river boat gambler but he did it at appropriate times. Herman, down by 13 with 13 minutes to play, eschewed a somewhat sure fg to go for a 4-10. He got that one. Then when faced with 4-9 inside the ten, he went for it again and came up completely empty. You don't get away with that chit in the ACC or any other power 5 conference. I don't think Jimmy would have done that twice even though Memphis isn't very good.

Yeah, maybe so. Maybe so. They were still down 2 td's with 9min to go at that point. He took a shot.

It worked out for him in the end.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jimmy was a river boat gambler but he did it at appropriate times. Herman, down by 13 with 13 minutes to play, eschewed a somewhat sure fg to go for a 4-10. He got that one. Then when faced with 4-9 inside the ten, he went for it again and came up completely empty. You don't get away with that chit in the ACC or any other power 5 conference. I don't think Jimmy would have done that twice even though Memphis isn't very good.

Yeah, maybe so. Maybe so. They were still down 2 td's with 9min to go at that point. He took a shot.

Yep. He's also a first year head coach. He's still learning. He will get better

He thinks like a savage. I'm going to get this right now, because I want it right now. I'm going to score here. Then we're going to get a 3 and out and then we're going to score again.

Constantly pressing towards the victory as opposed to treating entire football games like you're protecting a large lead, even though it's the first quarter, and soon because of your style, you will face a large deficit (I'm looking at you D'Onofrio).

His style is largely based in aggression and that's what Jimmy was about here. We need somebody to let the savages LOOSE here man.

He thinks like a savage. I'm going to get this right now, because I want it right now. I'm going to score here. Then we're going to get a 3 and out and then we're going to score again.

Constantly pressing towards the victory as opposed to treating entire football games like you're protecting a large lead, even though it's the first quarter, and soon because of your style, you will face a large deficit (I'm looking at you D'Onofrio).

His style is largely based in aggression and that's what Jimmy was about here. We need somebody to let the savages LOOSE here man.

This.

My favorite quote in boxing and in life is this "I don't give a **** if you land or not, just let them go".

Aggression is the name of the game, it always has been. If you are scared to lose, you will lose.

The best coaches in football have extreme confidence in what they do, they aren't afraid to make a "mistake". Herman is cut from that very same cloth.

Advertisement

So you want a guy who has to learn on the job? SMH

Poor recruiting has caught up to fuente

From a Memphis board:

A lot of you know I was very critical of fuente's recruiting his years hear and I knew this would happen. Most of porter's defensive players are gone and fuente has not replaced them with equal or better talent. I'm sorry but this years team has two big problems. 1. Our defensive coordinator isn't up to the job. He called another bad game. On Houston's game winning drive he played a zone and let Houston pick us a part. But when we had the ball last Houston wasn't gonna let Paxton beat them and they did a good job. 2. This defense has zero talent/difference makers. I only see one and that's Avery.

The recruiting on that side of the ball has been very poor. Walk ons are fine sometimes. But you got get some high quality no doubt players. Fuente(if he stays) is gonna have to stop focusing on the walk ons and the hard working two stars and get some high quality three stars or this will keep happening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

How many years has he been there? Still with walk-ons?

From a Memphis board:

A lot of you know I was very critical of fuente's recruiting his years hear and I knew this would happen. Most of porter's defensive players are gone and fuente has not replaced them with equal or better talent. I'm sorry but this years team has two big problems. 1. Our defensive coordinator isn't up to the job. He called another bad game. On Houston's game winning drive he played a zone and let Houston pick us a part. But when we had the ball last Houston wasn't gonna let Paxton beat them and they did a good job. 2. This defense has zero talent/difference makers. I only see one and that's Avery.

The recruiting on that side of the ball has been very poor. Walk ons are fine sometimes. But you got get some high quality no doubt players. Fuente(if he stays) is gonna have to stop focusing on the walk ons and the hard working two stars and get some high quality three stars or this will keep happening.

He is 8-2 at Memphis. He just went 10-3 at Memphis. The key phrase is at Memphis. The school has no program. It is a joke. Do you know their laughable history? Perhaps it just shows you what he is able to overcome at Memphis. It will be funny to see how they do without him coaching.

Advertisement
I know nothing of Fuente's recruiting at Memphis, but I know Larry Porter was one of the worst coaches in NCAA history. I know Memphis was 5-31 before Fuente got there. I know he won the AAC at 10-3, 7-1 last year, and is 8-2 this year with a win over then #13 Ole Miss. I want Herman, but would not be upset with Fuente as long as he brings a quality DC. His defense was good last year at Memphis. They only gave up 17 points per game. His DC left and went to Mizzou after last year, and this year they're giving up 29 points per game. Herman, Butch, Fuente in that order for me right now, with Fuente and Butch very, very close, but I'm really getting worried we're going to **** this up.

From a Memphis board:

He is 8-2 at Memphis. He just went 10-3 at Memphis. The key phrase is at Memphis. The school has no program. It is a joke. Do you know their laughable history? Perhaps it just shows you what he is able to overcome at Memphis. It will be funny to see how they do without him coaching.

I think Fuente is a great coach and I thinks he brings the best out of his players.

But I think Fuente's recruiting is my only concern with him. Compared to Herman's larger than life personality, Fuente is a pretty low key guy. How well would he be able to recruit on a power 5 team? Would he be able to build a wall around S. Florida? I don't know.

Personally, I think Herman would be a monster recruiter at Miami. I just don't know about Fuentes. Maybe he would, but I think it's a concern.

I 100% agree! The history of The U was great, but we need to move forward!

We need new thinking, new ideas, and a coach that can bring that to Miami.

We don't need recycled conservative ideas of what used to work, we need something that will excite the players, fans, community, and future recruits!

Herman, Fuentes, and even Lane Kiffin can bring excitement to a program that is in such disarray!

Thank you Butch, Schiano, Chud, and any other Miami coach that has done so much in the past, but we are building for the future, so let's put these names in 6 feet under ground!

Advertisement
Yall missing the point where he won with a third stringer who started the year at wideout, the guy plays to his players strengths something we havent seen here, they were down and they still faught, these are things we havent seen here in awhile, you wanna talk about risks about him but you see first hand what he can do, you wanna talk about butch chud this miami guy that miami guy and they recently havent really done anything, you see herman winning games, having his kids olay hard, runs a aggressive defense, runs a spread offense, has his kids fighting, and recruits well, arent these the things everyone wants in our next coach???? Arent these the things golden wasnt and all the miami greats were?????

We don't need recycled conservative ideas of what used to work, we need something that will excite the players, fans, community, and future recruits!

Herman, Fuentes, and even Lane Kiffin can bring excitement to a program that is in such disarray!

Thank you Butch, Schiano, Chud, and any other Miami coach that has done so much in the past, but we are building for the future, so let's put these names in 6 feet under ground!

Lame sniffin? Refrain from posting here, please. Lane is an entitled spoiled little cvnt. No way he can be a leader of men and a developer of boys. Some of you say some stupid shid.

Advertisement

From a Memphis board:

I think Fuente is a great coach and I thinks he brings the best out of his players.

But I think Fuente's recruiting is my only concern with him. Compared to Herman's larger than life personality, Fuente is a pretty low key guy. How well would he be able to recruit on a power 5 team? Would he be able to build a wall around S. Florida? I don't know.

Personally, I think Herman would be a monster recruiter at Miami. I just don't know about Fuentes. Maybe he would, but I think it's a concern.

I am not concerned about recruiting. I am concerned with getting a guy who can maximize the output he gets out of his players. I am concerned with winning. I think if we win and the HC surrounds himself with position coaches who CAN recruit, problem solved.

Lame sniffin? Refrain from posting here, please. Lane is an entitled spoiled little cvnt. No way he can be a leader of men and a developer of boys. Some of you say some stupid shid.

Lane Kiffin would be awful.

From a Memphis board:

This guy would find any excuse not to hire Fuente or Herman he's so far Butch's *** he can pick corn out his stomach

Yall missing the point where he won with a third stringer who started the year at wideout, the guy plays to his players strengths something we havent seen here, they were down and they still faught, these are things we havent seen here in awhile, you wanna talk about risks about him but you see first hand what he can do, you wanna talk about butch chud this miami guy that miami guy and they recently havent really done anything, you see herman winning games, having his kids olay hard, runs a aggressive defense, runs a spread offense, has his kids fighting, and recruits well, arent these the things everyone wants in our next coach???? Arent these the things golden wasnt and all the miami greats were?????

Herman or bust bro these guys don't get it

Advertisement
Back