WE WANT TOM HERMAN OR JUSTIN FUENTE

If the admin passes on Herman, they're going to regret it.

There are other guys who can get the job done. I'll take Fuente in a heartbeat.

I'll just be ****ed if we go shopping in the "Miami ties" bargain bin.

Yes there are. I believe Herman is the best option excluding the perceived pipe dreams (i.e. Chip/Patterson/Gundy), but I'd be happy with Fuente too. Heck of a coach.

Any "South Florida recruiting ties, bro" hire would make me lose my s***.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tom Herman is the answer. He's been the answer. Move this program forward with a coach who instills unrelenting fight and resilience into his players, is capable of immediately changing the culture in a locker room with a prior regime's roster, and can properly adjust through adversity with an aggressive nature.

Get Strong, Cristobal, Chud, and any other tired retread or unqualified hack the f*** out of my face. If the admin passes on Herman, they're going to regret it.
Preach. It's a no brainer. Is he without risk? No. But there isn't a coach out there without risk. Get Herman, he's got the Xs and Os as well the personality for the job.

I want Fuente too but Herman has the personality we need.

Bring that man to miami

If the admin passes on Herman, they're going to regret it.

There are other guys who can get the job done. I'll take Fuente in a heartbeat.

I'll just be ****ed if we go shopping in the "Miami ties" bargain bin.

Yes there are. I believe Herman is the best option excluding the perceived pipe dreams (i.e. Chip/Patterson/Gundy), but I'd be happy with Fuente too.

Any "South Florida recruiting ties, bro" hire would make me lose my s***.
I loathe the Miami guy concept. Not a single one of our successful coaches was a Miami guy except for Butch. 3 stellar coaches that had nothing to do with the Miami Hurricanes brought in 4 national championships.

3 Miami guys brought in one.

Bring me tom Herman or Justin Fuente or GTFO

Advertisement
I remain a fan of Butch but really could care less about the whole "Miami" connection thing.

Winning is the Miami connection I want.

There are risks with any coaching candidate. Herman hasn't coached a full year yet. Lot of unknowns.

But what I've seen from that Houston team this year is there is zero quit on that team.

I could get behind Herman.

Advertisement
Im scared of that hire i dont trust nobody but butch

61708448.jpg

:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Let us define something about the proverbial Miami guy.

It was defined in The U as a guy with a chip on his shoulder. It doesn't say you have to geographically be from Miami or have any preexisting connection to the school. If you understand the elite, best in the country talent and how to maximize aggressively, congratulations you are a Miami guy.

Schnellenberger=No University of Miami connection before he was hired. Johnson=No University of Miami connection before he was hired. Erickson=No Miami connection before he was hired. Herman, with no current University of Miami connection, is a Miami guy through and through. Anybody can see it. He has that savage, tenacious edge that makes someone a Miami guy.

I seriously think what is at stake for the Miami program in this hiring decision is really the end of it if they select anyone other than Butch. We have spent 12 years watching mediocre football. We are sick and tired of it. The current team has given up more than 400 yards a game each year. We know, as smart fans, the problem is on the defensive side of the ball. We haven't recruited an elite defensive lineman since Forston and he ended up being a bust. We haven't sniffed anyone like that since. We used to be LB U and since Perryman left, other than Grace, there isn't anyone on the roster who is even close to a difference maker.

So who do we talk about other than Butch, a man known for recruiting defensive talent? Cristobal, a guy who never made FIU respectable on defense and had two good years at FIU with a good QB. But nothing he did at FIU suggests he can come in and solve the defensive problem Miami has.

Schiano, he hit a home run with Ray Rice in college and he recruited a good O line. Decent college coach but didn't exactly do it in a power 5 conference. When he went to Tampa Bay, he flopped. In the one year he was at Miami, and I emphasize the one year part of it, he rolled the dice on every play by blitzing almost every play. It was a smart strategy but really didn't fix the defense.

Chudzinski? No college experience really. An offensive guy. Was a head coach at Browns but they never let him coach beyond one year. Why would people whose livelihoods depend on being successful let a guy go after a single year? I suspect he alienated players and management that they understood, as the top guy in a program, he wasn't the man. He wasn't close to fixing the defensive side of the ball at Cleveland.

Herman. He won tonight only because the kicker missed. He river boat gambled because Memphis was kicking his team's butt all game. He is no fix for what ails UM and that is defense. He would have to name an unquestioned defensive guru to be considered and, since he didn't appoint one on his first college job, I doubt his ability to do so. Plus, do we really want a OSU guy running the U given the history?

Fuente? His team was defenseless against Navy. No adjustments during the game. In the second half tonight, his team was defenseless against Herman. Plus, when his team got the ball with a chance to score points, he went into conservative mode mostly. I wouldn't bank UM's future on this guy.

Larry the Dr Pepper guy? Probably more qualified than above.

Strong? Even less qualified than Larry? How do you ***** up at Texas, the third most populous recruiting base in the nation? Texas produces great players. Without Bridgewater, Strong is a nobody. His defenses at Texas have been far from stellar. Maybe he will change that but how far down the line?

So what are the options? None right now other than Butch. And if he is to do what we need him to do, lets give him the chance NOW! We need to recruit Defensive beasts. Especially on the DL and LB. Butch has a history of doing so. Hire him and let him do the job we need to do. He isn't a fall back option. He is the ONLY man qualified for the job. Don't wait to hire a guy in January when the pickings are slim. Hire him now so he can evaluate the current commitments, get rid of the reaches, and bring in the best talent available. An extensive search committee is not in the best interest of the program.

If the AD goes a different route, I predict no fans will be in attendance next year. I mean that. They will have alienated all long time fans and will have to somehow market UM fans to a skeptical public. Less than 20,000 will attend a first game. No more than 15,000 would attend any game after the first loss.

Advertisement
I'm not crazy about either.

Steve kragthorpe vs Gary Patterson.

Except we don't know which one is which. Herman if I had to guess.

If you beat a coach from Memphis, Memphis, Memphis, it only means you are borderline competent. If you blow out a coach at Memphis, it means you are qualified. If you give up 30+ points against Memphis, it means you shouldn't be considered for a job at USC, USC east, or Miami, or any other power five conference.

I'm with you on Cristobal, Schiano, Chud, Strong

Herman. He won tonight only because the kicker missed. He river boat gambled because Memphis was kicking his team's butt all game. He is no fix for what ails UM and that is defense. He would have to name an unquestioned defensive guru to be considered and, since he didn't appoint one on his first college job, I doubt his ability to do so. Plus, do we really want a OSU guy running the U given the history?

But I can't go with this reasoning right here b/c

Herman's aggressive coaching took the game back from Memphis. You force the other team to make plays to beat you. He made it happen.
Riverboat gambling & missed kicks made UM early and often.
Orlando has looked pretty good at DC & certainly a helluva lot better than 3 of the last 4 DC's we've had at UM.

I hate the OSU* connection, but he's a solid coach.

Advertisement
Let us define something about the proverbial Miami guy.

It was defined in The U as a guy with a chip on his shoulder. It doesn't say you have to geographically be from Miami or have any preexisting connection to the school. If you understand the elite, best in the country talent and how to maximize aggressively, congratulations you are a Miami guy.

Schnellenberger=No University of Miami connection before he was hired. Johnson=No University of Miami connection before he was hired. Erickson=No Miami connection before he was hired. Herman, with no current University of Miami connection, is a Miami guy through and through. Anybody can see it. He has that savage, tenacious edge that makes someone a Miami guy.
Unfortunately the meaning has changed. It now means you have been employed, stepped foot in or once in your life breathed the Miami air. The concept of having to be familiar with recruiting Miami is utterly ridiculous and completely contrary to what successful ADs look for in a coach. Blake DiMare and Miller will ruin this hire that I think we can all agree on.

Jimmy was a river boat gambler but he did it at appropriate times. Herman, down by 13 with 13 minutes to play, eschewed a somewhat sure fg to go for a 4-10. He got that one. Then when faced with 4-9 inside the ten, he went for it again and came up completely empty. You don't get away with that chit in the ACC or any other power 5 conference. I don't think Jimmy would have done that twice even though Memphis isn't very good.

Advertisement
Back