We Should've Hired Les Miles...

Im not confident anyone can fix it anymore, i just think its over in terms of elite. Having so so seasons sometimes is the bar now, the game has passed UM by and its too late.
We were this close to to being a top 10 program again. Serious, had he hired the man sitting in his office... Coastal would be locked down, 10+ win seasons, recruiting, etc. Why doesnt the AD make that stuff happen??? Smh.

Advertisement
Im not confident anyone can fix it anymore, i just think its over in terms of elite. Having so so seasons sometimes is the bar now, the game has passed UM by and its too late.
It probably is broken to the point we won't get back.

Manny needed a lot of funds to surround himself with top shelf asst. That wasn't supplied or he made a boo boo and kept the HS staff by choice but it looks grim.

The problem with the Richt hire was more on the Admin letting him hire his son and him thinking he could still be a competent OC. Had he hired a real OC/QB coach. Would've made a huge difference.

Not sold on Butch either.

At the end of the day. This program is cheap and the results of the hires show that. You can't win spending pennies in a market that demands gold bars.
Right or wrong, giving Richt that kind of control was part of the deal. Let's not pretend like the administration could have put caveats on the deal and still landed him.

You know I **** with you and I have the same feelings recently, but in CFB you’re for real only one coach away. LSU was an after thought until Saban came from Mich St. FSU before Bobby. UF before Spurrier. ****, us before Snelly. I don’t believe we are even playing the same game as everyone else is crootin and money, but still always one coach away

Advertisement
Right or wrong, giving Richt that kind of control was part of the deal. Let's not pretend like the administration could have put caveats on the deal and still landed him.
Well that's when you decide that it isn't worth taking unless you just don't care about the product.

You've made too many mistakes up too that point to concede to a coach that hasn't called plays in a decade and a QB coach that has no exp.

Richt wasn't hitting his stride. His stride hit him and pushed him down the stairs. IMO you don't concede to that. Too many options out there to risk another hire.

Yet they did it.

All that idiot Mark Richt had to do was hire Mark f*cking Helfrich when he was sitting in his office. He didnt even have to fire his stupid son. We had an extra spot (11th coach) and he decided to promote Patke instead. Rosier would have played well in the Oregon style O, Perry would have gotten back up reps, and we'd be looking to show up against Clemson. Our recruiting would go up because those kids love to play in that Oregon O.
idk if Helfrich was the answer but i know there were a lot of talent OC/QB coaches that would've done wonders vs his 1990's playbook and green son.

Richt is a great guy. Saved the program money by walking away. Guy will always have my respect. Just wish he would've done things different.

The problem with the Richt hire was more on the Admin letting him hire his son and him thinking he could still be a competent OC. Had he hired a real OC/QB coach. Would've made a huge difference.

Not sold on Butch either.

At the end of the day. This program is cheap and the results of the hires show that. You can't win spending pennies in a market that demands gold bars.
To drive a Ferrari you have to step up and pay the price.

If you pay for a Buick that is what you have. For years we drove Buick’s , but in the late 80’s, 90’s, and early 2000 we had Ferrari’s. Clappy crashed and totaled our Ferrari, and we have been dreaming ever since, while driving Buick’s.

Manny has us dreaming again, but we are still puttering around in our Buick....hoping there is a new Lambo in our future..or Ferrari..we shall see if our U is on board.

Advertisement
It probably is broken to the point we won't get back.

Manny needed a lot of funds to surround himself with top shelf asst. That wasn't supplied or he made a boo boo and kept the HS staff by choice but it looks grim.
why he went cheap? I think its over i have accepted it, doesnt mean i cant complain about it lol

no it hasnt. the right hire can fix in a couple recruiting classes. Mario can recruit at that level. I think Mark stoops would do VERY well here too.
possibly i have lost hope they would make the right hire, Richt could recruit elite until he got here

You know I **** with you and I have the same feelings recently, but in CFB you’re for real only one coach away. LSU was an after thought until Saban came from Mich St. FSU before Bobby. UF before Spurrier. ****, us before Snelly. I don’t believe we are even playing the same game as everyone else is crootin and money, but still always one coach away
Im not confident they would hire that coach, i agre its possible but i lost faith in the higher ups when they go after a failed staff coordinator.

Advertisement
Advertisement
idk if Helfrich was the answer but i know there were a lot of talent OC/QB coaches that would've done wonders vs his 1990's playbook and green son.

Richt is a great guy. Saved the program money by walking away. Guy will always have my respect. Just wish he would've done things different.
Eff Richt!

because when u love something god or bad u care, thats why. how u going to tell me what to like and if i dont like the direction of the program im allowed to bytch like ur allowed to sunshine pump blindly.
Guys like Austin feel the same as you but he gets on a message board and says what he " THINKS " fellow fans wanna hear!

lol.. I was kind of assuming OP was joking.. perhaps not.. OP?
they also beat Indiana St 24-17 at home... All I know about Indiana St is Larry Bird
Kansas is horrid. Says a ton about bC and the ACC

If you watched they spread like 5-6 WR out wide and just made the one remaining LB try and figure where they would run.. that said they looked solid...(Kansas)

I might not be the best at math but if you got 5 linemen, 6 WR out wide........who the *** they hiking the ball too.

Advertisement
Back