We played a team earlier this season and a player was wearing a visor.

Advertisement
Can't remember the game maybe Sav St.

I thought those were illegal as per NCAA. No?

I thought the rule was that you could not have a TINTED visor, that they had to be clear. It also might be something that is allowed in certain circumstances (i.e., player has had an eye injury, wears glasses, etc.).

I thought the rule was that you could not have a TINTED visor, that they had to be clear. It also might be something that is allowed in certain circumstances (i.e., player has had an eye injury, wears glasses, etc.).

Thx. I think it was a clear visor.

My understanding as well, just has to be clear. They just banned the tinted visors because opposing offenses were ****ing themselves at the mere thought of getting hit by Sean Taylor (RIP).

1bd44736dd5faa63cd6e9bc5d9c99c36--sean-opry-taylors.jpg

Advertisement
IIRC I read a few players across the country were reprimanded early in the season because they had tinted visors, you saw correctly.

Advertisement
Can't remember the game maybe Sav St.

I thought those were illegal as per NCAA. No?
This is from the NCAA rule book

1. Eye shields.
    Eye shields must be clear, not tinted, and made from moulded or rigid material. Eyeglasses and goggles also must be clear and not tinted. No medical exceptions are allowed.

Advertisement
A kid possibly having a visor will seem like nothing when FSU rolls in here and Corch Urkel Tagfart has emotional support dogs on the sideline.

Advertisement
I thought this thread was about head visors. Like Spurrier.

If there is an injury on the field to the head or neck area, you never want to try to remove the player's helmet.

EDIT: there not therrre unless you'rrre a pirate
thats not the real reason...........anything thats cool they ban it. They must of saw us in the Butch years and said **** those guys are cool, then proceeded to make a rule about it and make up some BS to push the rule. Everything unscrews

Advertisement
Back