We play in the acc championship next year

Lines are always the sure sign of great teams what i noticed in the fsu game was our line was moving them off the ball pretty well. Only washington was
getting beat on like every play and that's because he's a guard NOT a tackle. Our oline loses horn and gunn which should make our line look like this IF
we play the best five Seantrel @ LT Washington@RG Linder @C Bunch or wheeler @RG with feliciano @RT.......... Remember i said these players that im going to call out
now will be beast next year Walford kids a playmaker and clements runs hard IF he keeps running the way I've seen him run so far nice. Streeter stays Guarantee that lamar
is a toss up if lamar comes back its a wrap. We will miss jacory's leadership next year but if we can get a 18 tds 9ints or less type season out of our qb next year we win
10 games minimum Guarantee. We get Porter Smith Fortson Ojomo and VT AND RAY back next year which those two will both still be slow but at least they wont be stupid and slow since they'll both be seniors chick and vernon a year better the dt's being back is important because we will need to cover up our Lb's who will be athletic but not have a high football iq as a group because of lack of leadership and experience. I see a team that never quits these kids keep fighting they're not scared of **** they're fighters just like their coach which is only gonna get better as they start winning close games. **** im stoked I don't have to lie to myself i can actually see where things are changing.

Top 15 next year at the end of season if lamar were to stay if not top 25

Stephen morris's last season we play in a bcs bowl game with a defense thats been together for 3 years basically with the ability to build depth finally.

Ive wrote this three times and it was a lot longer and more detailed but it keeps logging me out and erasing what i wrote so this was the summary of it the end lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
still won't read.....that a big *** paragraph mane

just giving some contructive criticism my boy

I like your optimism. Our OL, while we lose two starters, has the potential to be great. Lots of talent in that group. The key will be continuity and consistency.

Advertisement
**** man....you too cool so i read it.

i got the same optimism as you do cuz.

this team with another year up under golden, we should start seeing serious results next year

Advertisement
The only way we play in the title game next year is if the ACC levels sanctions against all the other schools. If last years roster or this years roster weren't good enough to get past middle of the pack, there is no one on next years roster that is good enough to effect the outcome of 2-3 or possibly 4 games. We still won't be good enough to dominate teams, so most likely we will be tooth and nail in 9-10 games.

Rinse, wash, repeat until we get difference makers on both sides of the ball.

I see it differently, this is probably a 6 win team next year. Imagine the D this past season without Spence's leadership. Guess what? You just imagined next year's D. I have no doubt that Golden will get us a championship one day, but it WILL get worse before it gets better. THIS was our year, '08 has grown up, and there have been too many misses in that class, and not enough back stocking in the following classes. There isn't enough talent on the sophomore and junior levels to warrant a legit run. I see six wins next year, 9+ the following.

All I want next year is Washington back at guard where he belongs. He was getting worked on the edge.

Advertisement
I see it differently, this is probably a 6 win team next year. Imagine the D this past season without Spence's leadership. Guess what? You just imagined next year's D. I have no doubt that Golden will get us a championship one day, but it WILL get worse before it gets better. THIS was our year, '08 has grown up, and there have been too many misses in that class, and not enough back stocking in the following classes. There isn't enough talent on the sophomore and junior levels to warrant a legit run. I see six wins next year, 9+ the following.

Disagree. I think we're better next year, for several reasons.

1 - We get UNC, VT, and FSU at home. That helps.

2 - I have faith that under Golden's watch, freshmen on D take steps next year. That means Chickillo, Perryman, Finnie, Armbrister, Crawford, etc.

3 - Still have lots of players eligible to return next year. This is our senior class:

Blake Ayles, Benjamin, Ben Bruneau, Byrd, Chambers, Ford, Futch, Gunn, Harris, Horn, Ivory, Jo Jo, Regis, Marcus Robinson, Andrew Smith, Spence, Whipple, Figs, Levine?, and Mike Williams.

Spence is the only one on that list that is irreplaceable, IMO.

And while some of the play by underclassman hasn't necessarily been stellar, they can't get worse. (Right?)

EDIT: For the record, I'm not suggesting we play for ACC Championship next year, but IMO, we will be better.

Last edited:
There is no excuse for this defense to be the same or worse next year. Spence or no Spence. Buchanan, while not great, is certainly much better than Futch, who is one of the most awful LBs to play here. We've really only had 2 real DTs all year in Regis and Smith. Pierre and Grimble are true freshman, overgrown DEs. Ojomo is an overgrown DE, playing the position for the first time ever. Say what you want about them, but getting Forston, Porter, and Robinson back and healthy next year is huge. Olivier Vernon is showing how much we missed his pass rushing as he is absolutely the best one we have. Yea, the secondary is still a huge question mark, but another year for McGee and Finnie should help and having a real DL that can actually get some pressure will help tremendously.

If we are not better on defense next year, it is an absolute failure on the coaching staff. Not because we don't have enough players. With just a mediocre defense, we'd probably be at worst 8-2, maybe 7-3 right now.

Advertisement
I think in a couple of years we are going to be pretty nice. Our linebackers are going to be monsters, we should be seeing a lot of 3-4 down the road. Dorsett and Hurns at WR are going to be a very nice combination, and at RB we will have Clements, Duke and Dillard, and a very good FB in Hagens. The offensive line should be solid as well. If our LB's develop as well as I think they will, we should be OK on the defensive line in a 3-4. Chickillo has very high upside, and I have liked what I have seen from Grimble so far as a freshman.

Last edited:
VTech loses 8 starters from their offense but return all but one starter on D. All they do is reload. They are the clear favorites.

UNC doesn't lose a lot of guys but they'll probably have a new coach.

We own GT.

UVA loses 7 starters on D but they appear to have the right coach and could be good.

We should be a lot better if Lamar, Street, and Bwash stick around. The defense should be better but the back 7 remains questionable.

Winning the coastal is hardly a given but if Golden and co. develop the talent we'll have a really good shot.

2 - I have faith that under Golden's watch, freshmen on D take steps next year. That means Chickillo, Perryman, Finnie, Armbrister, Crawford, etc.

3 - Still have lots of players eligible to return next year. This is our senior class:

Blake Ayles, Benjamin, Ben Bruneau, Byrd, Chambers, Ford, Futch, Gunn, Harris, Horn, Ivory, Jo Jo, Regis, Marcus Robinson, Andrew Smith, Spence, Whipple, Figs, Levine?, and Mike Williams.

And while some of the play by underclassman hasn't necessarily been stellar, they can't get worse. (Right?)

EDIT: For the record, I'm not suggesting we play for ACC Championship next year, but IMO, we will be better.

You think a top ten rated passer in CFB is replaceable? With who? Morris? C'Mon bro......J12 is responsible for a lot of the success of the offense

You think a top ten rated passer in CFB is replaceable? With who? Morris? C'Mon bro......J12 is responsible for a lot of the success of the offense

Did you honestly think Jacory would have this good of a season? I think its a surprise to everyone. So why not think Fisch can do the same with Morris or Williams?

I think this team is still a year away from really competing, but I wouldn't be surprise if we win a few more game than this season.

Advertisement
Back