We Physically Dominated Clemson

Advertisement
He's not a fan anymore.
40Oz Pour One Out GIF

Man in years past coming off the last two weeks, there is no way this team would have showed up tonight, let alone put up that much effort.

Sometimes when you've been garbage for so long, you just gotta appreciate the small steps
This is part of the process, not the final product. 2025 is the year we get #6.

Advertisement
I know we all glorify the 2017 game vs Notre Dame but imo that was really the last time outside of this season where we looked as dominant in the trenches against a legit team. I think we ran for close to 300 yds that day and our D manhandled a team that had two o-linemen drafted in the top 10 of the 2018 Draft.

Obviously the current improvement with the maulers on both sides of the ball seems a little more permanent and more of what will be the identity of this program.

Advertisement
I'm not sure Mario will ever win us a championship, but who knows.

but I have no doubt he'll do to us what richt did at UGA and have us perennially winning 10 games and competing at a high level due to his recruiting and culture

and compared to where we've been the last 20 years, I'd say that's a win

Can’t be over stated, we just got gashed a week ago and they boys went into the lab and fixed many of the issues. I realize clemsons passing attack isn’t on inc level but we were able to make them one dimensional.
I didn’t want to say this when everyone was so ****ed off last week but the UNC game wasn’t that bad for me. Don’t get me wrong it SUCKED, but turning it over nonstop against a team that was a really poor matchup for us, we hung with them step for step all things considered

It’s not like we were physically and schematically outmatched the entire game like we have been in the past. We just didn’t get it done and that **** happens.

Again not to soften the blow but I didn’t think we needed some drastic overhaul of the team. They’ve shown plenty of high quality stuff this year

As dumb as Mario’s decisions are sometimes, he’s not an actual idiot. He mentioned at halftime that the negative 1st and 2nd down plays were killing us.

Even just gaining 2-3 yards on those first two downs sets you up for a manageable 3rd down conversion. But when you end up getting 3-4 yards on each play then 3rd and 2 looks pretty tasty with that dominant OL.
Staying ahead of schedule is a bud deal with the situation we had. But even if we don’t stay ahead, not getting behind is important. Mario is definitely building something, just needs to clean up some of these decisions.

I didn’t want to say this when everyone was so ****ed off last week but the UNC game wasn’t that bad for me. Don’t get me wrong it SUCKED, but turning it over nonstop against a team that was a really poor matchup for us, we hung with them step for step all things considered

It’s not like we were physically and schematically outmatched the entire game like we have been in the past. We just didn’t get it done and that **** happens.

Again not to soften the blow but I didn’t think we needed some drastic overhaul of the team. They’ve shown plenty of high quality stuff this year
Agree on all the above, the unc game was just right on top of the GT debacle. But unc was a game we couldn’t beat ourselves and we did. Last night was a similar situation and we didn’t beat ourselves. There has been a lot of growth this year.

Advertisement
Man in years past coming off the last two weeks, there is no way this team would have showed up tonight, let alone put up that much effort.

Sometimes when you've been garbage for so long, you just gotta appreciate the small steps
This. It’s clear that Clemson is an average team but the fact they never quit when there were multiple opportunities.

I'm not sure Mario will ever win us a championship, but who knows.

but I have no doubt he'll do to us what richt did at UGA and have us perennially winning 10 games and competing at a high level due to his recruiting and culture

and compared to where we've been the last 20 years, I'd say that's a win

That would be a huge win. That means were a legit top 10 team every year. I take that

Clemson was an average team last year, and beat Miami 40-10, including scoring with the backups with seconds left to go in the game. Miami is the different team. Clemson was a god-average team before Venables, and they’re back to that now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back