We need to recruit Samoans

BoxingRobes

Junior
Seriously.

We really can not get these regional savages in the trenches to come here. Its just not happening. But maybe we can get some Island savages to replace'em.

Miami has the greatest Samoan human to ever live repping this program all over the world. Surely The Rock existing is a good enough sales job. We got Hedley here, too. Surely all of these Oceania types stick together.

Lets get some Samoans back on this team.

Post some HUDL tape and recruiting profiles of some top Island savages in this very thread.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Polynesians from Hawaii, Cali & Utah are some of the strongest & best trench players there are on both OL & DL.

The problem is its very difficult to convince them to separate from their family & go to school so far away, family is the most important part of their culture & they rarely ever just leave the West Coast regions to play elsewhere.

Even Bama had to move the whole Tagovailoa family down to Alabama just to get Tua, if they didn't he would've ended up at USC.

I'm sure if we tried hard enough we could possibly get maybe one or two of'em to come here, but in all likelihood they're going to always pick a program closer to home.

It sucks for us though because Samoans & Tongans are phenomenal Football players.

Advertisement
Polynesians from Hawaii, Cali & Utah are some of the strongest & best trench players there are on both OL & DL.

The problem is its very difficult to convince them to separate from their family & go to school so far away, family is the most important part of their culture & they rarely ever just leave the West Coast regions to play elsewhere.

Even Bama had to move the whole Tagovailoa family down to Alabama just to get Tua, if they didn't he would've ended up at USC.

I'm sure if we tried hard enough we could possibly get maybe one or two of'em to come here, but in all likelihood they're going to always pick a program closer to home.

It sucks for us though because Samoans & Tongans are phenomenal Football players.
Exactly bama had to move the whole family and take his little bro just to get him. We aren't doing that

Lol;

Remember when everyone thought back in ‘17 we had a real shot at the # 2 TE in the nation, Falo, from Sacramento? I told ya’ll at that time there was literally no chance. An ESPN graphic even stated him committing to us, but I was firm on us having 0 shot of getting him here.

The reason being is that the Polynesian community is a tight knit community, that’s big on family & familiarity. Trust me, I dated two bad ones back in high school, and til this day, even though I’m not w their relatives, I’m still treated like family by them. Why? B/c they’re familiar with me, I always treated them like family and I’m still cool with my ex’s. All respect & love.

I admonished us to hire a Polynesian coach on our staff or a coach that’s had success in recruiting Polynesian players before (b/c he could name drop). That would be the only way we can break through. We might first only get the 3 star guys, but eventually that would lead us to dipping in to San Diego, Hawaii, Los Angeles, & Long Beach for the top tier ones.

Until that happens, we will have no shot unless Miami begins to have a Polynesian community that forms within the city or close outskirts.

Advertisement

Boom! Exactly & Spot On.

We're east coast. We need some Richards/Richardson's, Rolle's, Jean-Baptiste, and some Jones's. Do we have any offensive linemen raised by parents straight from the islands?

Advertisement
images.jpg

Well I just googled Samoans in south Florida and it appears that there is low key community here and it isn’t small. If Miami realy wants those kids maybe our recruiting department should partner up with the student body organizations and start networking.

Advertisement
Back