We need lane

Advertisement
I’m not sure how Lane potentially leaving after 3 years is being seen as a bad thing...

If Lane comes here & has immediate success then leaves, it will make Miami a more attractive program for coaches around the country. Aside from all the Dinosaurs of yesteryear, Miami is really only an attractive job to former Canes lol, we have to break that cycle & this would be the perfect opportunity to do that.

It’s not really a forgone conclusion that he would leave early anyway, but even if he did, so what?

Would you rather have a coach be here for 10 years & only be a 8-4/9-3 type or have a guy come in & catch lightning in a bottle for a couple of seasons & then leave the door open for the next rising star?

Yall want us to be Iowa & have a Kirk Ferentz type that’s here for 20+ years, but this is Miami not Iowa, yall gotta stop thinking so timid & small, we ain’t in the middle of nowhere in Plainesville USA, we’re in one of the biggest metropolitan hubs in America, Miami is BIG city vibes & big city culture. Stop tryna have us be a small college town cult lol

If he delivers, he can leave early, fck it, we’ll find another new coach, I like the flexibility of not being stuck with one coach for a decade lol
Miami was built by mercenary HCs.

Howard, Jimmy, Erickson, and Butch all left after 5 or 6 seasons. Howard jumped for a stake in a USFL team (poor choice). Jimmy took the job because he knew it was a stepping stone to his goal of coaching in the NFL. Erickson, not sure, he may have left because of an opportunity with Seattle (and pending NCAA sanctions). Butch would have stayed longer if not for contract issues, but would have left sooner or later.

We’ve gone from stepping stone to the NFL to failures who couldn’t land a HC job anywhere (except Coker, but that was a new program).

We should embrace Lane’s ambitions as long as he doesn’t land us in NCAA ****, again.

Advertisement
I'm good friends with Lane. How about you let me bang her and I'll convince Lane to come to Miami?
As part of @MichiCANE negotiating team, we are going to have to decline your generous offer. Our counter: once Lane signs a verified UM contract to be head coach and are provided proof in the form of text, emails, or direct confirmation from Lane that you convinced him, Michicane will personally provide you with a hand job, while wearing gloves and an N95 mask.

As part of @MichiCANE negotiating team, we are going to have to decline your generous offer. Our counter: once Lane signs a verified UM contract to be head coach and are provided proof in the form of text, emails, or direct confirmation from Lane that you convinced him, Michicane will personally provide you with a hand job, while wearing gloves and an N95 mask.
Lmaooooo deal. Works for me. I’m for the betterment of the program

Advertisement
I’m not sure how Lane potentially leaving after 3 years is being seen as a bad thing...

If Lane comes here & has immediate success then leaves, it will make Miami a more attractive program for coaches around the country. Aside from all the Dinosaurs of yesteryear, Miami is really only an attractive job to former Canes lol, we have to break that cycle & this would be the perfect opportunity to do that.

It’s not really a forgone conclusion that he would leave early anyway, but even if he did, so what?

Would you rather have a coach be here for 10 years & only be a 8-4/9-3 type or have a guy come in & catch lightning in a bottle for a couple of seasons & then leave the door open for the next rising star?

Yall want us to be Iowa & have a Kirk Ferentz type that’s here for 20+ years, but this is Miami not Iowa, yall gotta stop thinking so timid & small, we ain’t in the middle of nowhere in Plainesville USA, we’re in one of the biggest metropolitan hubs in America, Miami is BIG city vibes & big city culture. Stop tryna have us be a small college town cult lol

If he delivers, he can leave early, fck it, we’ll find another new coach, I like the flexibility of not being stuck with one coach for a decade lol
I wouldn't consider Miami a Top 20 job but I do think Miami is a good job. A smart coach can come in here do his 3 years and get an elite job if he does it Properly. Yes we're in a recruiting hot bed and Pro city but the #1 thing that makes Miami a good job is the PORTAL, we're a Top 3 destination if not #1.

A smart HC can come here and grab 6-7 portal studs a year while signing 17-18 guys and win 10 games a year easily.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The guy you’re responding to is somewhere on the autism spectrum. He doesn’t understand humor and everything is 100 percent literal with him.

Don’t take him too seriously, nobody else does.

@RightSaidFred This is just too easy

5987BB0F-834D-41C6-A3FF-BED9E41A8733.jpeg

I have hated Lane Kiffin for as long as I can remember. Seemed like a class A douche. But....I'm over it. I guess twenty years of sucking *** will do that for you. I would love for him to come down here because he would just win and not give two f*cks who he ****ed off to make it happen. We need that in the worst way.

HOWEVER - that fake injury Butch Davis bullsh*t - that's gotta stop. I can't sign on for that. That's something we're supposed to make fun of other people for.

OK that said - I'm all aboard the Lane train, bring him to me.

Advertisement

Yea let’s not hire Schnell or JJ or DE or Butch”da gaw” bc they had NFL aspirations and wouldn’t stay long….fug outta here

@RightSaidFred This is just too easy

View attachment 163122

You just made my point for me. You take everything literally…which is a mark for folks on the spectrum.

Most people would figure out that the RightSaidFred screen name is a goof.

There’s nothing wrong with that, by the way. A lot of people have forms of autism and you can work on understanding social cues. But when Bender told you he was joking, you should have let it go

Advertisement
Back