We need difference makers

Harrell could n’t catch crabs from a two dollar *****. The ball getting lodged in his face mask is his best bet. Go look at his stats the 5-6 years he’s been in college and you’ll then understand who he is. Let’s be real , hin and Kirk were separation takes since no other wr would come here. That’s with us waiting for him to get cleared for months with his ankle. Hortons pt is criminal , he has legit potential.

Then replace his face mask with a kickers and hit him!😂😂😂

Advertisement
I came away from this game more optimistic than most will I’m sure.

We really are a QB away already from being a legit team.

And we are doing it the right way. FSU is toast after this season.
I liked how we battled throughout the game yesterday but we are more than a QB away from being a legit, playoff contending team. The team doesn’t quit but we also don’t utilize the play makers we do have on the team. If we did do that we would see a difference in how the offense performs.

Advertisement
I liked how we battled throughout the game yesterday but we are more than a QB away from being a legit, playoff contending team. The team doesn’t quit but we also don’t utilize the play makers we do have on the team. If we did do that we would see a difference in how the offense performs.
What’s your definition of legit?

Is Washington legit to you this year?

On offense. From Qb, rb, on down to wr. We have to nickel and dime the ball down field because our wr’s rarely get any separation. If the plan is to run this vanilla , , unimaginative , caveman offense we’ll be needing explosive , dynamic athletes all over the field. To turn short catches into explosive plays.

You know that tingling feeling you get in your balls when Coleman ,Benson and other skill guys get in space ? That’s how you know they’re difference makers. You hold your breath when they touch it.

Lastly go get me a ******* qb that can run and pass like the rest of college football. We continue to be stuck in the past.
You don’t feel we have explosive players in Smith, George, Young(downfield threat), Ray Ray and Washington?

You don’t feel we have explosive players in Smith, George, Young(downfield threat), Ray Ray and Washington?
Smith is a dude but he doesn’t get used worth a crap. George is inconsistent with catching the ball and routes. He’s a nice number two or three but out of the guys that play Brashard is the one that scares DC’s. We have zero dudes outside. There’s a big difference in a nice player and a dude.

Last edited:
Smith is a dude but he doesn’t get used worth a crap. George is inconsistent with catching the ball and routes. He’s a nice number two or three but out of the guys that play Brashard is the one that scares DC’s. We have zero dudes outside.
So I’m guessing the plan is to spend big on QB, WR and DB in the portal? No inside info but I have a hard time believing we are still in it for a guy like Jeremiah so we will have to spend in the portal to fix WR quickly.

Advertisement
FSU only had 57 rushing yards tonight.

We out gained them on offense despite our **** offense.

Still undisciplined but We shouldve won this game. If we had a modern offense and competent QB.
We didnt even need a modern offense to win this game. Mario just needed to play to win instead of playing to keep it close. Thats what makes it even more frustrating.

Smith is a dude but he doesn’t get used worth a crap. George is inconsistent with catching the ball and routes. He’s a nice number two or three but out of the guys that play Brashard is the one that scares DC’s. We have zero dudes outside. There’s a big difference in a nice player and a dude.
It seems to come down to the same common denominator. We have a guy in Smith yet we don’t use him. I think Young is a mismatch deep and on jump balls and in the red zone yet we don’t use him either. Ray Ray was hyped up by everyone on here as a playmaker yet he doesn’t see the field. What use is it getting explosive players if we either don’t scheme or use explosive/mismatch players?

We only need need 2 cribby. The pieces are there. A Coach n QB. Not sure about Dawson yet. Cause the dinosaurs coach has it thumb on the offense. We have a recruiter coordinator as a head coach. That's not going to work. A blue light special QB. Ones bleeding the school for a 8 mill a yr n the other bleeding the NIL for over 6 figures a yr. Both suck one can be fixed the other we stuck with. We got played with 2 frauds
On offense. From Qb, rb, on down to wr. We have to nickel and dime the ball down field because our wr’s rarely get any separation. If the plan is to run this vanillain , , unimaginative , caveman offense we’ll be needing explosive , dynamic athletes all over the field. To turn short catches into explosive plays.

You know that tingling feeling you get in your balls when Coleman ,Benson and other skill guys get in space ? That’s how you know they’re difference makers. You hold your breath when they touch it.

Lastly go get me a ******* qb that can run and pass like the rest of college football. We continue to be stuck in the past.
e

I think the sad truth that I came to realize last week is that Mario is not recruiting good enough to make up for his style of football.

Like you said, we need elite players all over the place.

And let me clarify, I think Mario is a great recruiter. Best Miami has seen since Butch. However, not good enough of a re recruiter to make up for his style of offense.

At best, we will have elite talent and by in weekly battles with GT and UVA winning by 10 points instead of blowing them out by 30 how we should be. This brand of football just makes it harder to succeed.

It's like if a coach comes into the NBA and said, ok no more 3 pointers. I want to be tough and physical, throw the ball into the post all game long and pound them. Like I get it, physicality is great but points is the name of the game. And Mario doesn't care about points.

We have so much speed on this team and its not used. Look at Mike McDaniels the way he gets creative with his speed.

Us? Ray Ray, CJ and Harrell on the bench. Brashard we get creative with him by bringing him to the LOS to block.

This style needs top 5 classes on top of top 5 classes (like UGA and Mich). Were getting top 15 classes.

So my point is Mario as great as he is, isn't recruiting good enough to succeed with his style of ball.
Mario is a terrific recruiter. One of the best in cfb in a vacuum on equal footing. Unfortunately that skillset is being undercut by NIL along with the poor product he is putting on the field.

Advertisement
On offense. From Qb, rb, on down to wr. We have to nickel and dime the ball down field because our wr’s rarely get any separation. If the plan is to run this vanilla , , unimaginative , caveman offense we’ll be needing explosive , dynamic athletes all over the field. To turn short catches into explosive plays.

So true on WRs - no separation

He plays in the B10 . The entire conference is sticking your face in a fan. There’s a reason they normally get boat raced in the playoffs most times.
Does this staff not think that Brown can run the same game plan Williams ran yesterday? He that inaccurate that he can’t throw within the sticks?

Advertisement
Maybe Mason Taylor can come home.

Get another pass catching TE in the portal.

Arroyo likely bounces. Need overhauls via the portal in a lot of spots.
Arroyo is that guy we always thought was talented but we got nothing from. Riley Williams should be able to grow into the position, and portal for some more help.

Please let McCornick finally leave. He doesn’t need a 15th year.

Advertisement
Back