We need a big time recruit at RB

Advertisement
You’re not a troll? Am I getting old and confusing you with someone else??? I’m pretty certain you’re one of the most ignored posters on the board for it.

Anyone else want to comment?

Discussing our need to fill a big hole on offense is not trolling. Real football knowledge shows that Knighton is just below average as a back.

8985CB30-8CB6-4FD6-A192-DF46E1C5858F.gif

Listen, my guy. I walked back the “bust” comment admitting it was a bit harsh. But my point stands. When Miami signed Huff, you didn’t think he would take over one of Shaq’s or Pinck’s spots? I sure did. But instead of that, Huff has been passed up by TRUE freshman. He’s been in the same defense for two years and isn’t getting any burn. But instead, the staff feels more confident in two true freshman who had very limited time because of COVID.

I’m not trying to crap on the kid, and I hope he does produce and play, but as things stand right now, Huff hasn’t lived up to his hype.

And I’m glad Miami won.
Ive known Huff since he was a kid. No one of the board was as close to him or promoting him like me.and I stated he was 2 years minimum away. Busta likely came into UM at 185-190 pounds i dont know who thought he was taking shaq or Pinkneys spot.

He's a kid you develop and let loose as a junior. He lost spring work just like the freshman and his freshman year came in late. He will cook. The 2 freshman that play now all had isgnificant more time and coaching playing as off the ball linebackers and it shows. **** they have better technique, play recognitions than our 4 year players..clearly the coaches at Camden and North Shore can coach

Advertisement
Huff plays on the special teams units the same as Restrepo
Again, calling Huff a bust was wrong and I have taken that back several times now. But Huff has not been as we expected him to be. And maybe that’s our fault. But he has been passed up on the depth chart at LB by true freshman. That is undeniable. I hope he can make an impact though.

The dude beefing with me claims I’m crapping on Huff but at the same time he’s crapping on Restrepo and other players. Hypocritical

Again, calling Huff a bust was wrong and I have taken that back several times now. But Huff has not been as we expected him to be. And maybe that’s our fault. But he has been passed up on the depth chart at LB by true freshman. That is undeniable. I hope he can make an impact though.

The dude beefing with me claims I’m crapping on Huff but at the same time he’s crapping on Restrepo and other players. Hypocritical
You are crapping on Huff calling him a bust idk what you don’t understand. I’m crapping on all punt returners this year because all of them have fumbled punts and I haven’t seen one good return from any of them. Have I called Restrepo a bust? No. I haven’t called any of our freshmen and redshirt freshmen busts like you have.

The only one that seems to be a tad above him is Austin Cave. Austin Cave also has 3 more tackles than him total. I think you may have put Huff a little bit higher than expected in the grand scheme of things.
Flagg doesnt play the same position so dont count him.
I think the future is bright for both Huff and Cave moving forward. You guys need to stop hyping up guys and then sh*ttin when they dont meet your overhyped expectations. All the players people are speaking on in this from Huff to Restrepo havent even been here 2 years. It doesnt even make any sense.

When our depth is right you dont here much from these type of kids until almost their jr years. Its how it should be here.

......You guys need to stop hyping up guys and then sh*ttin when they dont meet your overhyped expectations. ....

This is always what happens here.

People overhype the crap out of some freshman, and then when they don’t meet those All-American expectations, they do an about face and start crapping on them like there’s no tomorrow.

It’s been going on for years.

A lot of those guys actually turn out to be really good players that just needed time.

Advertisement
What I do see is that Knighton tries to head on with defenders when he hits the hole. I would like to see a little more wiggle than power on his runs. When he goes head on with defender's he stands straight up needs to play lower to the ground especially for his size. I'm thinking he has straight away speed idk about showing wiggle and exploding. Just my observation.

What I do see is that Knighton tries to head on with defenders when he hits the hole. I would like to see a little more wiggle than power on his runs. When he goes head on with defender's he stands straight up needs to play lower to the ground especially for his size. I'm thinking he has straight away speed idk about showing wiggle and exploding. Just my observation.

thank you...this man gets it

Advertisement
Cam’ron and Chaney are both good...but we need a home run hitter out of the backfield to really take the next step. Now that we know Knighton ain’t the guy, is there any big time recruit we are getting that can fill this role?
Dude you are lost we Need a top flight O-Line if anything.

Advertisement
Only thing I'll say about Knighton is He has to hit that weight room hard this offseason, too light in the ***. But I liked His skillset coming out of HS, reminds me of Corn Elder...think He'll be one of those all purpose type backs for us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back