We love in-game screenshots here. What the **** is this?

LOL at niner getting rustled thinking about Butch coming back. It's happening niner, it's happening.

Advertisement
Uhh ohh, Butchies are rustled over the screenshot?

I think the more probable answer is that people are flabbergasted that the anti-Butch crowd would pull up one screenshot from one play 16 years ago and claim that it's some kind of proof about anyone's coaching ability. If we're going to play that game, would you guys mind pulling up some shots from the game where Butch beat the sht out of Spurrier in the Sugar Bowl in Spurrier's prime?

Its not really 1 screen shot. The entire second half was played in a similar fashion. At the same time, why does bringing up what happened in this game rustle so many? Was he great most of the times? **** YES. Was he a perfect coach? No.

People say they are not rustled but sure are diving in hard to defend the terrible loss it was.

[video=youtube;26VgwuOwUZw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26VgwuOwUZw[/video]

Yep we lost that game. We went on that year (Butch's 4th year) to be 9-4, win the Gator Bowl against a top 25 GaTech team, and end up ranked # 15.

The next year (Butch's 5th year) we went 11-1, beat the Gator in the Sugar Bowl and ended up # 2 overall. We beat 3 top 10 teams FSU (5), VaTech (6), Florida (10), and the only loss was to # 3 Washington on their field by a touchdown.

I know the whole stretch here is to comment on Butch's failings, but the comparisons just keep making him look better and better.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I think the more probable answer is that people are flabbergasted that the anti-Butch crowd would pull up one screenshot from one play 16 years ago and claim that it's some kind of proof about anyone's coaching ability. If we're going to play that game, would you guys mind pulling up some shots from the game where Butch beat the sht out of Spurrier in the Sugar Bowl in Spurrier's prime?

Its not really 1 screen shot. The entire second half was played in a similar fashion. At the same time, why does bringing up what happened in this game rustle so many? Was he great most of the times? **** YES. Was he a perfect coach? No.

People say they are not rustled but sure are diving in hard to defend the terrible loss it was.

That was the year Bill Miller got fired and Schiano came in.

At least Garrard was, you know, a legit NFL QB for a while. That pic isn't even in the same universe as say... something like this:

[video=youtube;PMXxn0YL8EY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMXxn0YL8EY[/video]

Even though we lost that game... ****, our guys look very fast compared to our guys now.

Same problem all 5 years, no d line pressure..getting our stuff pushed in. Obrien had all day to pass

Damm..sad seeing Jo-Jo out there.

Same problem all 5 years, no d line pressure..getting our stuff pushed in. Obrien had all day to pass

Damm..sad seeing Jo-Jo out there.

Advertisement

You're right, a 2nd half discredits the fact that Butch created the greatest College Football team of all time. You got us!

You're right, a 2nd half discredits the fact that Butch created the greatest College Football team of all time. You got us!

All up in your feeling over a crappy played game against a team we should have whooped. Where does it say it discredits anything? Wasn't the first time ECU did it to us either.

Yes let's compare No'D and Golden to a super bowl champion defensive coordinator. Butch may have struggled in his first stint as head coach but his recruiting/eye for talent and coaching staffs made up for any coaching hiccups. There isn't a chance in **** that No'D or Golden would be trusted with an NFL defense, or even another college defense at this point.

i wouldn't even call what he did struggling. he did go 11-1 and won a bCS game against Spurrier's gators.

Oh, wow, two 9-3 ECU teams beat Butch while he was rebuilding. He's worse than Al. Give me a break. That 1999 team also completely shut down one of the best offenses in the nation, Georgia Tech in the Gator Bowl. Held them to 13 points. GT had a Heisman candidate in Joe Hamilton and we destroyed him. GT was averaging 39 points per game heading into the bowl. They had dropped 35 at #1 FSU that year. They had just dropped 51 on #20 Georgia. They dropped 45 on Clemson. But, keep bringing up one play, from one game, where we were missing Ed Reed and 3-4 other starters. You're on a roll, so, by all means, don't stop now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
At least Garrard was, you know, a legit NFL QB for a while. That pic isn't even in the same universe as say... something like this:

I seem to remember Macho telling me Golden's and Dno's defense never had DB's lined up 10 yards off the receiver. **** there are plays here where the guy is already 10 yards and starts back pedaling before the snap.

9:18 Denzel Perryman 1st career tackle

12:27 Allen Hurns 1st career catch

Dear God how those corches wasted these guys.

If I had to guess we brought the house on a blitz as you can tell we had seven players on the line and one of our guys didn't make the play in front of them. At least we didn't have Jerome McDougle covering the wide receiver. Obviously Jerome would of been a freshman here and we would of burned his shirt.

Advertisement
Back