We love in-game screenshots here. What the **** is this?

fincane

Senior
Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 12.25.26 AM.jpg

This is 1999.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would guess it is like what Coach D said in the recruiting video. They must be expecting a screen and they are going to sprint at the line or they do a normal pass and play that or something. Or its photoshopped, but I doubt it.

Advertisement
I would guess it is like what Coach D said in the recruiting video. They must be expecting a screen and they are going to sprint at the line or they do a normal pass and play that or something. Or its photoshopped, but I doubt it.
This is from 1999. This is Butch's team. Not coach D's. That's the point the OP was making and it's a good one. Butch is/was a good coach, but he was far from perfect.

That's the "these guys just lost their homes to a hurricane, so let's give em a few yards to make them feel better" defense. LOL.

David Garrard was an animal for them.

Just looked it up and here's a quote on the game:

In a game moved to Raleigh’s Carter-Finley Stadium because of the destruction caused in Greenville by Hurricane Floyd, quarterback David Garrard helped the Pirates rally from a 20-point deficit for an emotional victory. Garrard, who completed 20 of 27 passes for 222 yards, hit Keith Stokes for a 27-yard touchdown with 4:51 left to cap the comeback and set off a celebration that will long be remembered at both ECU and N.C. State.

lol go ahead score with 4:51 left? Looks like this is the pre-snap to that 27yd td play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's the "these guys just lost their homes to a hurricane, so let's give em a few yards to make them feel better" defense. LOL.

David Garrard was an animal for them.

Just looked it up and here's a quote on the game:

In a game moved to Raleigh’s Carter-Finley Stadium because of the destruction caused in Greenville by Hurricane Floyd, quarterback David Garrard helped the Pirates rally from a 20-point deficit for an emotional victory. Garrard, who completed 20 of 27 passes for 222 yards, hit Keith Stokes for a 27-yard touchdown with 4:51 left to cap the comeback and set off a celebration that will long be remembered at both ECU and N.C. State.

lol go ahead score with 4:51 left? Looks like this is the pre-snap to that 27yd td play.

Correct. They scored a TD on the play.

Advertisement
Yes let's compare No'D and Golden to a super bowl champion defensive coordinator. Butch may have struggled in his first stint as head coach but his recruiting/eye for talent and coaching staffs made up for any coaching hiccups. There isn't a chance in **** that No'D or Golden would be trusted with an NFL defense, or even another college defense at this point.

This is from 1999. This is Butch's team. Not coach D's. That's the point the OP was making and it's a good one. Butch is/was a good coach, but he was far from perfect.

I know it isn't, my point was that it would be the strategy he talked about. bizzare play for sure

Advertisement

That's fair.

Honestly though, at least he was doing this 16 years ago and not, you know, last week.

I was at that game that year. That second half was a disaster. Looks like they were trying to keep everything in front of them and not get burned deep.

That's fair.

Honestly though, at least he was doing this 16 years ago and not, you know, last week.

Hard to do it when you got no job

I was at that game that year. That second half was a disaster. Looks like they were trying to keep everything in front of them and not get burned deep.

SOunds familiar...... anyobdy from New Jersey has to not be considered

Advertisement
Back