We love in-game screenshots here. What the **** is this?

I would guess it is like what Coach D said in the recruiting video. They must be expecting a screen and they are going to sprint at the line or they do a normal pass and play that or something. Or its photoshopped, but I doubt it.
This is from 1999. This is Butch's team. Not coach D's. That's the point the OP was making and it's a good one. Butch is/was a good coach, but he was far from perfect.

That's fair.

Honestly though, at least he was doing this 16 years ago and not, you know, last week.

Hard to do it when you got no job

Butch's record last 20 games at UM: 18-2
Al's record last 20 games at UM: 10-10

laugh.gif

Advertisement
I would guess it is like what Coach D said in the recruiting video. They must be expecting a screen and they are going to sprint at the line or they do a normal pass and play that or something. Or its photoshopped, but I doubt it.
This is from 1999. This is Butch's team. Not coach D's. That's the point the OP was making and it's a good one. Butch is/was a good coach, but he was far from perfect.

That's fair.

Honestly though, at least he was doing this 16 years ago and not, you know, last week.

Speak English or just go back to posting that gif that you always post.

At least Garrard was, you know, a legit NFL QB for a while. That pic isn't even in the same universe as say... something like this:

[video=youtube;PMXxn0YL8EY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMXxn0YL8EY[/video]

That's fair.

View attachment 33174

It's what got his *** fired.

See, now we got that out of the way, gonna repeat it for affect and because I know it rustles you....

Hard for Butch to do anything when he aint got no j.o.b.

:ibis-roflmao-sm4:

Last edited:
Advertisement
No clue how to get defenses aligned pre-snap. Just lucked into that Super Bowl.

butch-davis.jpg

Pretty sure that was the game Ed Reed was hurt along with 3-4 other starters. We blew a 20-3 lead and lost to a very good ECU team that won 9 or 10 games, beating West Va, South Carolina, Miami, NC State and Duke OOC. We had Jeff Poppovich playing safety. As for the alignment, ask Schiano, he was the DC.

That's fair.

View attachment 33174

It's what got his *** fired.

See, now we got that out of the way, gonna repeat it for affect and because I know it rustles you....

Hard for Butch to do anything when he aint got no j.o.b.

:ibis-roflmao-sm4:

Rustled? I posted a couple stats.

Pretty sure that was the game Ed Reed was hurt along with 3-4 other starters. We blew a 20-3 lead and lost to a very good ECU team that won 9 or 10 games, beating West Va, South Carolina, Miami, NC State and Duke OOC. We had Jeff Poppovich playing safety. As for the alignment, ask Schiano, he was the DC.

Relax guy, beating a 4-7 West Va, 0-11 USCe, 6-6 NC State, and 3-8 Duke team is no accomplishment.

Beating a more talented Miami team was the highlight of their season.

Advertisement
C

Relax guy, beating a 4-7 West Va, 0-11 USCe, 6-6 NC State, and 3-8 Duke team is no accomplishment.

Ok Al supporter. Beating 2 ACC teams, 2 Big East teams and 1 SEC team is good for a conference USA team any day of the week.

C

Ok Al supporter. Beating 2 ACC teams, 2 Big East teams and 1 SEC team is good for a conference USA team any day of the week.

LMAO!! If that helps you sleep better, go for it big guy. Losing to those sorry *** teams is terrible no matter how much to try and spin it.

Advertisement
At least Garrard was, you know, a legit NFL QB for a while. That pic isn't even in the same universe as say... something like this:

RIP JoJo. He killed the RB Meggett at the 2:40 mark

H
C

LMAO!! If that helps you sleep better, go for it big guy. Losing to those sorry *** teams is terrible no matter how much to try and spin it.

Ok, buddy. If you knew anything about college football, you'd know ECU was hardly a sorry *** team in the 90s. Neither was Southern Miss. Both beat ACC, SEC, and big east teams every year.

H
C

Ok, buddy. If you knew anything about college football, you'd know ECU was hardly a sorry *** team in the 90s. Neither was Southern Miss. Both beat ACC, SEC, and big east teams every year.

So now you have moved on from your dumb statement of "beating West Va, South Carolina, Miami, NC State and Duke OOC" like it meant anything in 1999, to ECU not being a sorry *** team in the 90's? Your better off laying low buddy.

How did Southern Miss, another CUSA team get in this conversation? Trying to show how powerful that conference was? Whats next, Alabama Birmingham was also a no joke program because they beat ECU in 1999? Give the excuses a rest buddy.

Advertisement
H
C

So now you have moved on from your dumb statement of "beating West Va, South Carolina, Miami, NC State and Duke OOC" like it meant anything in 1999, to ECU not being a sorry *** team in the 90's? Your better off laying low buddy.

How did Southern Miss, another CUSA team get in this conversation? Trying to show how powerful that conference was? Whats next, Alabama Birmingham was also a no joke program because they beat ECU in 1999? Give the excuses a rest buddy.

I thought you meant ECU was sorry, my bad, you're hard to follow. Let me talk slowly so you understand. ECU was a good program in the 90s, like their conference mate, USM. They both played a lot of SEC and ACC teams and beat them. I used USM as an example because they were just like ECU. Neither gets a lot of credit for people who don't know a lot about college football, which you obviously do not, and who just dismiss them because they're in the ACC or SEC. They were better than half of the ACC in the 90s, and probably at least 1/3 of the SEC too, if not more. Should we have lost to ECU? No. Was it a horrible loss? No.

Year 5 and our Defense is still repeating the same mistakes we made in this game. Unreal. It is ******* Miami, man. We should have a top 10 Defense nearly every year, especially in the ACC.

Uhh ohh, Butchies are rustled over the screenshot?

I think the more probable answer is that people are flabbergasted that the anti-Butch crowd would pull up one screenshot from one play 16 years ago and claim that it's some kind of proof about anyone's coaching ability. If we're going to play that game, would you guys mind pulling up some shots from the game where Butch beat the sht out of Spurrier in the Sugar Bowl in Spurrier's prime?

Advertisement
Back