We Lose This Game

Advertisement
im a nervous wreck.

i had a nightmare of Cook running for 300 yards against us....make it stop.

cant believe i allow sports to do this to me.

still Goldenized? yes still Goldenized.

too early, too soon.

Reasons why we could lose this game:

1) we haven't played anybody yet.

2) FSU is desperate for a win to save their season and will likely be completely dialed in and focused, while our guys will be tense with the pressure of overcoming a 6 game losing streak in front of a sea of demanding, arms folded fans.

3) Too much sunshine being pumped into the program and too much premature "miami is back" talk. We shouldn't be crowned by anyone for beating up on the likes of FAU and App state.

4) Everybody is claiming victory already....but that it when the letdown happens. Have we not learned anything over the last 10+ years?

5)There's also legitimate doubts about Richt's record in big rivalry games. UF owned him for the most part during his UGA tenure....I hope that trend stops with a change of scenery.

Hope i'm wrong...my heart says we can do it, but my mind says "not yet".

someone please talk me off the ledge and tell me we will roll?

All the bolded is valid. But still no reason to be so scared or panicked.

There are good omens our way as well. To name a few....

1. We've been able to win without showing them much. We will catch them off guard plenty with some of the basic stuff we will run as well as the special stuff Richt has in tow.

2. We finally have a coaching staff that coaches fundamentals top to bottom.

3. When was the last time we went into an FSU game and we felt good about our defensive line talent?

4. We have legitimately talented studs that can play with anyone = Thomas, Njoku, Richards, Coley

5. When was the last time we had real talent at all 3 LB positions?

6. For the first time ever we will have a home field advantage as the stadium now is MUCH louder.

7. Our coach and our guys are HUNGRY.

8. FSU's problems on defense are legitimate and can't simply be corrected by playing hard. Guys like Mathew Thomas can play a little harder and be more focused and dialed in but you can't wash away a spring and summer's worth of bad habits in one week.

9. We finally have an offensive coordinator that can make adjustments throughout a game. You can criticize his big game coaching but Richt has shown to be a competent offensive mind on par with Jimbo who has absolutely torched us in the second half with his adjustments and our lack of.

10. We're due.

I hope we win, but I expect a battle that could go either way. This is the best I've felt about this game in years though.

Advertisement
im a nervous wreck.

Funny, I had a dream of Shaq Q laying the wood on Cook and knocking his *** out of the game and our Dline throwing their QB around like Peter Gardere.

Man the ***** up.

im a nervous wreck.

Well Valid, I think you did it. You finally achieved record status. You've been down voted 103 times for this thread and it's netting 98 negs right now. Nice work.

Edit: You're solidly in 3 figures, dude... Awesome job!!!

Last edited:
The same people claiming we win this game are the same ones that have said that for the last 6 years. This is probably one of the weaker FSU teams we've seen in that stretch and now that Golden/Randy are gone people automatically expect that Richt has the answers. It's not that easy and frankly these are the types of games Richt has struggled with on his resume. Personally believe it is a very telling game for what Richt has/hasn't learned from his past experiences in situations like this. Cautiously optimistic is my feeling towards this game.

This is Richt's first year, I don't think everyone believes he has all the answers. We are definitely in better shape that we have been in the last 6 years and they are in about their worst shape in the past 6 years. Optimism is a sign of love for your team, no matter what the situation is you believe they are going to win. Some like to be a bit pessimistic so if a loss comes it doesn't sting as bad, because you called it. I think that is total bull****. Root for your team no matter what or pick another team.

It wasn't pessimistic just realistic.

Advertisement

too early, too soon.

2) FSU is desperate for a win to save their season and will likely be completely dialed in and focused, while our guys will be tense with the pressure of overcoming a 6 game losing streak in front of a sea of demanding, arms folded fans.

3) Too much sunshine being pumped into the program and too much premature "miami is back" talk. We shouldn't be crowned by anyone for beating up on the likes of FAU and App state.

4) Everybody is claiming victory already....but that it when the letdown happens. Have we not learned anything over the last 10+ years?

5)There's also legitimate doubts about Richt's record in big rivalry games. UF owned him for the most part during his UGA tenure....I hope that trend stops with a change of scenery.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

too early, too soon.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

i take no pleasure in being proven correct on this.

I thought it was pretty obvious what was going to happen (we have seen this movie before).....our fanbase is just too dumb and full of emotion to think rationally.

Advertisement
Back