We jumping to #6 AP poll?

Advertisement
See and this is where it's annoying we were supposed to get upset in which they would have dropped us back into the 20's. We beat the team that upset #2 last week now because we won they are all of a sudden garbage. They only dropped Clemson 5 spots for that loss!!! Now the team that lost to the team we beat and we have no other losses is still ahead of us in the polls.. makes no **** sense

We have UNC (atrocious/irrelevant), VT and ND. Win them all and you will see a major improvement (ranking-wise).

[During that span]

PSU plays @OSU and @MSU

OSU plays PSU and MSU

TCU plays @OU

Clemson plays @NCST

CBS Sports early projection has us staying at #8 , they're usually fairly accurate. I could see us jumping Clemson after beating the team they just lost to, but don't think it's likely.

Advertisement
After this week the real polls come out and that poll put a big value on losses.So we win next week and we should jump both teams with losses.....so just keep winning.

Once that poll comes out the AP and All the other polls are only a small part of the equation.

Doubt there will be any changes. Expect to run it to 7-0 next week, but looking at the ranked teams ahead of us, I just don't see any likely upsets. OSU might be Penn state, but loser doesn't fall that far. Maybe if Penn state beats OSU decisively, we move into 6 spot and OSU falls behind us. Ultimately it's not that big a concern, if we win out and win ACC championship, we are in the playoffs.

Advertisement
We have UNC (atrocious/irrelevant), VT and ND. Win them all and you will see a major improvement (ranking-wise).

[During that span]

PSU plays @OSU and @MSU

OSU plays PSU and MSU

TCU plays @OU

Clemson plays @NCST

if we win those we r top 4

we would be almost guaranteed an undefeated season

We will roll unc pitt and uva so the only actual games left are VT and ND

if we win one and win the ACC would we make the playoffs?

If we win both but lose the ACC champ game would we make it?

Fellas, the only 2 games that matter now are Nov. 4 and Nov. 11 We beat VT we win the Coastal, we then beat ND and we are a legit contender. Lets ******* go Canes!!!

Advertisement
You think we’d jump Clemson, based on beating a team they lost to.

But then again, you think Oklahoma would be ahead of Ohio State ... Since they both have the same record, and the Sooners beat them in Columbus.

Yes, Oklahoma beat OSU on the road, convincingly, but also lost at home as a 30-point-plus favorite.

We gotta be number 6 in the AP poll since taint and Clemson are on a bye week right?

We need to put together a complete game for voters to have something to hang their hat on. Tickled about the wins, but we're not going to realize our potential without being a more consistent on both sides of the ball.

After this week the real polls come out and that poll put a big value on losses.So we win next week and we should jump both teams with losses.....so just keep winning.

Once that poll comes out the AP and All the other polls are only a small part of the equation.

I think its the opposite tbh...That ranking takes into account the eye test pretty heavy. I can see the committee putting us behind a few 1 loss teams like the dumbasses they are

Advertisement
Fellas, the only 2 games that matter now are Nov. 4 and Nov. 11 We beat VT we win the Coastal, we then beat ND and we are a legit contender. Lets ******* go Canes!!!

They all matter. If we lose one game, but still make it to the ACC championship and win, I don't trust the rankings to put us in the top four. They'll take some other 1 loss team ahead of us if they had the chance.

If we want to make the playoffs, we need to win out...one game at a time.

My guess is that if UGA and Bama are undefeated going into SEC championship, loser can still get into playoffs as long as it is close. It's the SEC, and espn loves them. So that's two spots. Other spot goes to Big 10 winner. If Clemson wins the ACC, a 1 loss Clemson team gets in IMO because they are defending champs. That's all the slots. A 1 loss Miami team, even if it wins ACC, is probably on outside looking in. If our one loss was to ND, they probably get the fourth slot over us. Need to win them all.

Advertisement
Back