We interviewed Rhett Lashlee for OC today; expected to interview Robert Anae today as well

Richt had like 5 plays on offense. He still played under center for a lot of the game, he was never a fast paced spread guy. Yes he tried a few plays that didn't work at the end. He also didn't have an offense that tired anyone out, it was not a high paced offense. You want to see one watch WA State, nothing like Richts offense. Again, I am not saying I would run that same offense here we have a couple great backs coming in we need to run out of that spread too. I have never been an x@O guy like some are here. I was a match up guy when I gambled and made a living off it for a few years. Like I said in my other post we don't have the horses to compete with Clemson yet, but I agree 100% with LCE we do have the horses to win our div if we find a QB and the right coaches.

You obviously didn't watch our games or read my last post. I'm not saying Richt offense was high Octane but he definitely tried to speed up the pace at times. And we were in the Shotgun probably 85% of the time or better. I herd there is this place called youtube where you can watch old games when Richt was here if you need to see for yourself. You don't have to be an X&O's guy to recognize what formation we were in and if we don't huddle after a play and/or line up at the line of scrimmage. You just running with a narrative without checking things out for yourself, you can get easily led astray that way. Send me your money I can promise you a 50% return on it. lol

LCE is solid and sometimes I agree with him and sometimes I don't. We all are entitled to our own opinions, but none of us can alter the facts. "The eye in the sky don't lie"

Advertisement
This is the same stuff people were spewing last off season.. If we only improve x... How about we go get the best OC available to us... And he ain't it. He's not a good OC. Malzahn stripped him of play calling duties which is one reason he left for UCONN. Lashlee was Malzahns boy and let him walk. It would be if Manny stripped baker of his play calling duties and then baker took the DC job at UCONN. He's not a good OC.
Lashlee is probably the best OC available to us. He's one of the most wanted OCs available right now and has several suitors. His offense at SMU was very explosive. BTW when he was at Auburn he was like 30 and he choose to leave on his own and significantly improved UConn offense. He was a broyles semi finalist this year and finalist at Auburn.

Found these little tidbits

The 2013-14 seasons were the best back-to-back offensively in Auburn history, and the 2014 squad set an Auburn record for total offense.

Lashlee has been a finalist for the Broyles Award, presented to the nation's top assistant coach, on two occasions.

He does more with less. I’ve been wanting that out of a Miami coach for the last 15 years.
Lol you fail to mention why Gus "wanted to call plays again"... That's like saying Manny wanted to call plays again on defense this year.. Then you fail to mention his stint at UCONN. Also how was SMUs offense the year before he arrived and compare that to his first year.

Lashlee is probably the best OC available to us. He's one of the most wanted OCs available right now and has several suitors. His offense at SMU was very explosive. BTW when he was at Auburn he was like 30 and he choose to leave on his own and significantly improved UConn offense. He was a broyles semi finalist this year and finalist at Auburn.
He didn't choose to leave... He was emasculated. Who chooses to leave Auburn for UCONN. come on man... You can't spin that. I mean UCONN. If he was sooooo good and it was his choice he wouldn't have landed at UCONN.

Advertisement
This is the same stuff people were spewing last off season.. If we only improve x... How about we go get the best OC available to us... And he ain't it. He's not a good OC. Malzahn stripped him of play calling duties which is one reason he left for UCONN. Lashlee was Malzahns boy and let him walk. It would be if Manny stripped baker of his play calling duties and then baker took the DC job at UCONN. He's not a good OC.

Sounds like James Coley. He got credit for Jimbo’s offense and we saw how that panned out...

I like your logic lets get the best Offensive mind we can get. I don't know if Lashlee is the best we can get or not, but hopefully Manny is having each candidate thoroughly lay out how he is going to make an offense work for us with our personnel. If Lashlee is the guy lets roll, if there is a better guy lets role with him (even if he isn't as experienced as everyone one wants).

Advertisement
Advertisement

This article was in the other Lashlee thread and I thought it was worth reposting here.

If you read this article, he seems more Gus than Sonny D. But how much of that was Gus meddling? If Sonny wanted to run spread and still hired him, that is a plus. And this season's results are a major plus.

I have to think Manny approached him to run the spread, or something closer to what he ran at SMU than what he ran at Auburn. But the Auburn Lashlee offense is probably not what we want here.

Advertisement

This article was in the other Lashlee thread and I thought it was worth reposting here.

If you read this article, he seems more Gus than Sonny D. But how much of that was Gus meddling? If Sonny wanted to run spread and still hired him, that is a plus. And this season's results are a major plus.

I have to think Manny approached him to run the spread, or something closer to what he ran at SMU than what he ran at Auburn. But the Auburn Lashlee offense is probably not what we want here.
this a quick film breakdown of Lashlee at SMU

Last edited:
I don’t give a **** why he left Auburn after being there for four seasons.

he improved UConn in a season

year one at SMU still were solid on offense.
Did SMU starter bounce to Arkansas?

his year, he grabs a transfer who lost starting job at Texas and does pretty ******* well.

I’d rather have Yost, but Lashlee is a solid pickup. Now get some solid position coaches and recruiters.

Advertisement
Back