We interviewed Rhett Lashlee for OC today; expected to interview Robert Anae today as well

You can debate what his Auburn numbers were and why he left. That was Malzahn's show. He has three full years since of running his stuff. And they're his most recent years. Look at those numbers and his style at Uconn and SMU.

Screenshot_20200102-181532_Messages.jpg

This is from my Auburn buddy

Advertisement
@MIATL may be correct from what I remember about Lashlee and his tenure at Auburn though sometimes you can find that he was calling plays up until Malzahn took over completely. If you go by what @MIAATL says, they actually did start to improve when he actually got to call plays, and then Malzahn again took the playcalling back because he's an evangelical ego-maniac like the majority of this country. Gus was his high school coach and still had that daddy relationship to him at Auburn.

Therefore, it's tough to judge him at Auburn. The guy was basically in his late 20s when he started coaching in the SEC which is (even more so then) pretty rare. If he's such a bad recruiter then why is one of his guys with the Patriots now (played **** well in the preseason, too)?

Now, looking at UConn and SMU, you can see jumps in offense in both programs in yards and ppg. The bowl game this year was a disappointment, but in comparison to stodgy autobot Enos, I would welcome him (as well as over Richt, Nix, Whipple, and a lot of guys we've had).

If I could predict productivity or success, comparatively I would say someone like Jedd Fisch here. With our horrific schedule maybe we win 8 games next year and remain in purgatory.

Advertisement
Play calling & play design.

He wasn't the main play caller at Auburn, he was OC in name but Malzahn called the plays.

At SMU Sonny Dykes gave him autonomy to call the plays this season & they wound up winning 10 games for the first time since 1984.

Is he the perfect OC? Of course not, but is he better than dudes like Matt Canada? A resounding yes.

And we know your last statement to be true how?

They both been fired? Are they both allowed to get better or does one only get better b/c of a certain perceived scheme?

Canada was once the highest paid OC in the nation for a reason.

Chad Morris was also and he been fired?? Just saying.

You know I’m riding with Canada 🇨🇦

If Miami runs his offense that he ran this season at SMU we would've won 11 games in our sleep.

or at a minimum it would have been enjoyable to watch our games rather than running the play clock down to 2 seconds before every snap, the QB being incapable/not allowed to audible, and misuse of players skillset (ie: Mallory blocking anyone).

I know you follow Auburn also (I hope I am not mistaken...!) so what is your view?

I hope not also. Auburn is gimmicky bull****. It’s not a spread. Gus wants to run the ball and his offense only works when you have an uber elite QB who can also run .

Advertisement
Yurcich was a guy Mike Gundy found from Shippensburg...

Ciarocca was a Princeton, Delaware & Penn guy before ever hitting the D1 ranks.

But, it's all about the RED ZONE offense, and the 3rd down conversion rate. Just peruse the Top 10 teams in major CFB this season.

Listen man, you're preaching to the choir...

I was the guy who first mentioned Sean Gleeson last year. I've mentioned numerous under the radar candidates over the past few years for a multitude of positions.

The problem is, Manny Diaz stinks and can't identify them. He could log on here and get more information then anywhere he's currently been getting it, because the names we keep hearing connected to him are not great.

...and none of that means that Rhett Lashlee still doesn't stink. If thats your guy, I guess we can expect this regime to wrap up their time here by November, so I guess thats the silver lining.
It's not that Lashlee is my guy, he's one of the OC's I listed who would be good here, but the point is the Superstar guaranteed big name OC yall are wanting for ain't coming here.

There are dozens of good OC's at programs that aren't **** & well known, whether or not Diaz can find them simply rests upon how much work he's willing to put in order to find them.

Idk who this fantastical OC that you're hoping we land, but I can guarantee you whoever he is or wherever he is, he didn't roll out of bed being an elite play caller at a P5 school.

Every single good OC in college ball started out at some small FCS school or even came outta HS. None of them begin as the OC for P5 championship team.

Lashlee is a significant upgrade from Enox, is he gonna lead us to being an undefeated playoff team, no, of course not, but can he orchestrate an offense good enough for us to win the coastal? Absolutely.

And not just Lashlee either, there's about 10-15 OC's I could name who if they ran their offense here could win us the Coastal. The fact is Joe Brady ain't ****** coming here, he's headed back to the NFL as soon as a good opportunity comes calling, so the Brady or bust method is little unrealistic for fans to expect.

That's what I'm operating off of. Coordinators can change and get better. Despite Manny's 1st year as a HC, he is a respected and proven DC. However, he wasn't always respected. He was fired from Texas and was a part of that infamous BYU game, where the Mormons ran all over his D. But, he refurbed is career at a couple other schools, and then yada, yada, he became a top 10 DC.

Similarly, it looks like Lashlee took his lumps, learned a lot of lessons and as Liberty said, if he was our OC this year, we win 11 games and maybe more. We would've still gotten smashed by Clemson, but they're hardly an accurate measurement of a team coming off of a 7-6 year.

I hope it's him, Yost, the OKST OC or Fedora.

Only certain OCs are allowed to get better or improve, that’s the logic most use. If they like him he got better even if he was fired, if they don’t he trash he was fired before. 😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
Everyone wants Brady. The problem is Miami doesn’t have an SEC OL, 1st round pick WRs, and most of all a great QB in waiting.

No matter who the new OC is turning around the offense will take time. Performing against ACC defenses not wearing a Clemson uniform should not be a sole barometer of performance. After all, JW15 just set an ACC record TDs in a game, in a Dan Enos offense last season.

It's weird because you can see Lashlee or even better, Kevin Johns, coming here and making this offense into a 10 win offense given our schedule,
It's not that Lashlee is my guy, he's one of the OC's I listed who would be good here, nut the point is the Superstar guaranteed big name OC yall are wanting for ain't coming here.

There are dozens of good OC's at programs that aren't **** & well known, whether or not Diaz can find them simply rests upon how much work he's willing to put in order to find them.

Idk who this fantastical OC that you're hoping we land, but I can guarantee you whoever he is or wherever he is, he didn't roll out of bed being an elite play caller at a P5 school.

Every single good OC in college ball started out at some small FCS school or even came outta HS. None of them begin as the OC for P5 championship team.

Lashlee is a significant upgrade from Enox, is he gonna lead us to being an undefeated playoff team, no, of course not, but can he orchestrate an offense good enough for us to win the coastal? Absolutely.

And not just Lashlee either, there's about 10-15 OC's I could name who if they ran their offense here could win us the Coastal. The fact is Joe Brady ain't ****** coming here, he's headed back to the NFL as soon as a good opportunity comes calling, so the Brady or bust method is little unrealistic for fans to expect.

I think Enos was so bad, and such a bad fit period to the personnel we had that we don't realize a lot of guys would be solid upgrades and good for 2-3 more wins with this terrible schedule we perennially have.

I was looking at the 2013 Iron Bowl and the announcer made a comment about Alabama looking like they've never seen the type of offense Lashlee had running at Auburn.

Go get this kid and lets ride

Advertisement
Back