We interviewed Rhett Lashlee for OC today; expected to interview Robert Anae today as well

Advertisement
Lashlee would be a good hire...really good, He runs the type of offense we need to go to..he is Young and innovative..amart enough to get our guys in a position to succeed.... remember he hasnt had the talent on Offense anywhere like he will at Miami... Auburn never had better skill guys than us

But, it's all about the RED ZONE offense, and the 3rd down conversion rate. Just peruse the Top 10 teams in major CFB this season.
Every OC with a good Red Zone & 3rd down offense came from a small school before they hit the P5 level, that's my point.

There are no ready made X's & O's gurus, they start out at small under the radar schools & then coaches who do their due diligence & are smart enough with vision & foresight see that this coach at whichever school would do a good job on my staff & help my team win.

Chad Morris was a HS coach in Texas, no college experience at all before he got hired at Tulsa & was at Tulsa for just one year before Dabo hired at Clemson. Same with Art Briles, only coached HS in TX before Leach found him & brought him in to TTech.

Imagine if Dabo & Leach were like, "you're a good coach, but you don't have any P5 experience on national title team so I can't hire you"...

In order to find good coaches, you have to research & be willing to take a chance.

It's not that Lashlee is my guy, he's one of the OC's I listed who would be good here, but the point is the Superstar guaranteed big name OC yall are wanting for ain't coming here.

There are dozens of good OC's at programs that aren't **** & well known, whether or not Diaz can find them simply rests upon how much work he's willing to put in order to find them.

Idk who this fantastical OC that you're hoping we land, but I can guarantee you whoever he is or wherever he is, he didn't roll out of bed being an elite play caller at a P5 school.

Every single good OC in college ball started out at some small FCS school or even came outta HS. None of them begin as the OC for P5 championship team.

Lashlee is a significant upgrade from Enox, is he gonna lead us to being an undefeated playoff team, no, of course not, but can he orchestrate an offense good enough for us to win the coastal? Absolutely.

And not just Lashlee either, there's about 10-15 OC's I could name who if they ran their offense here could win us the Coastal. The fact is Joe Brady ain't ****** coming here, he's headed back to the NFL as soon as a good opportunity comes calling, so the Brady or bust method is little unrealistic for fans to expect.

The only way to find a Brady is the try inexperienced at play calling or not.
Most don’t think Manny will last anyway so I don’t get all the backlash if he were to go the inexperienced OC route (ala Dorsey or whomever). Doesn’t that help the cause of it don’t work.

And I think Lashlee could work just as well as others, point is their are no guarantees

Advertisement
1578008548623.png

Advertisement
And we know your last statement to be true how?

They both been fired? Are they both allowed to get better or does one only get better b/c of a certain perceived scheme?

Canada was once the highest paid OC in the nation for a reason.

Chad Morris was also and he been fired?? Just saying.

You know I’m riding with Canada 🇨🇦
Canada's offense doesn't fit our personnel & his play calling is what I don't like.

He's a perfect fit for the Pitt's & NC ST's of the world, he's not a Miami style OC imo, his scheme doesn't play to our strengths & give us an advantage.

We need High octane fast tempo offense, not bland middle of the road multiple RPO bro-style, it's too close to Richt & Enox. We need to evolve & stop trying to run that offense, it doesn't work for us.

Advertisement
Pay them enough, and you can get one.

Manny Diaz isnt, nor will he ever be Dabo Swinney. He's not savvy enough to find the right ones. Lashlee's career as an OC...40th, 96th, 83rd, 37th, 86th, 10th, 8th, 20th in yards per play.

Those years at Auburn, Lashlee was never in full control. From an article after he left Auburn:

“He’s always going to be involved in the offense. It is what it is,” Lashlee said. “There is nothing wrong with that. He knew I was at the point where I wanted to be in full control. We had talked about it for a few years, and it just became time. Sometimes it’s hard to put into words, but you know it’s time to branch off and develop and try to develop further as a coach. It just made sense.”

Since he's been his own man...at UConn and SMU, I'm not sure I see what makes him a good candidate. Average on his best day Group of 5 playcaller. I guess he'd fit right in.

So I assume these are thebyears he has had full control of an offense

The only way to find a Brady is the try inexperienced at play calling or not.
Most don’t think Manny will last anyway so I don’t get all the backlash if he were to go the inexperienced OC route (ala Dorsey or whomever). Doesn’t that help the cause of it don’t work.

And I think Lashlee could work just as well as others, point is their are no guarantees
It’s because there is not a single hire Manny has made that was innovative or forward thinking.

It’s like we are in slow motion ready to fall off the cliff with no one willing to hit the brakes... there is so much disfunction at the top it reminds me of the Gase, Aponte Tannenbaum power struggle **** show, unfortunately we have a BOT instead of one owner

Advertisement
Gus wanted to call plays again, and he pushed his boy out.

He then went to SMU and put up video game numbers.

Lashlee is the goods.
I liked the post but more the backstory of why he left. No opinion of him as a coach since I haven’t followed since he left Auburn.

Gus was his mentor and was Lashlee’s high school football coach. Auburn is hard to judge any OC or offensive assistant because Malzahn is such a control freak.

I just don’t see him moving his family (wife and young twin boys (probably 7-8) and twin girls (probably 4) with the question of Diaz’s future.

Advertisement
Back