We hosting?

DualThreat

Redshirt Freshman
I know this has been discussed in the ACC tournament thread, but I’d love to hear from the gurus about what our chances are to get some ball in the Gables next weekend after today’s brutal collapse.

Advertisement
I think we are. The Committee is not supposed to place undue emphasis on these mostly meaningless conference tournaments. It a 2 - 3 game sample size compared to a 55 game regular season.

We were in based on the projections before the tournament and went 1 - 1.

Advertisement
I think we are. The Committee is not supposed to place undue emphasis on these mostly meaningless conference tournaments. It a 2 - 3 game sample size compared to a 55 game regular season.

We were in based on the projections before the tournament and went 1 - 1.

You can tell yourself that all you want, but the games over the last few days have absolutely changed resumes.

I know this has been discussed in the ACC tournament thread, but I’d love to hear from the gurus about what our chances are to get some ball in the Gables next weekend after today’s brutal collapse.

D1Baseball has us NOT hosting in this morning’s projections. Interestingly, they don’t have UNC hosting either. The last few hosts are Texas A&M, NC State, LSU, and West Virginia.

It sounds as though UNC is playing today to take Texas A&M’s spot. If UNC and NC State both win, we might need to go ahead and make travel plans.

Advertisement
Which one of you is Mike Newton at D1

Michael Newton
So Miami has won 6 of their last 7 series (only loss was 2 out of 3 at louisville) and now is projected to not host. Kind of a knee jerk reaction to one extra inning loss in North Carolina.

That’s kind of hypocritical of Mr Newton. We were also pretty bad for a while before we got to start playing Pittsburgh and Bethune Cookman. The whole body of work has us just barely on the outside right now.

Advertisement
Hopefully the committee recognizes what we accomplished without McKendry, McMahon and Zamora for those few weeks.

You can forget about hosting. Before the UNC game we were a projected host with LSU coming to Coral Gables. With the loss to UNC, UNC has moved ahead of us to take our spot and LSU's SEC tournament wins have guaranteed them as a host. We have ZERO chance of hosting and are likely headed to Baton Rouge as a #2 seed.

Advertisement
“WeRe HoStInG No MaTtEr WhAt.”

LOL good times. Some of y’all don’t understand and we’re in denial what this week meant for us. If only there were a few of us who tried to warn y’all before hand that wasting pitching in the UVA game was pointless

LMAO at you clearly hoping Miami gets snubbed so you can be right.

LMAO at you clearly hoping Miami gets snubbed so you can be right.

Nobody is “clearly hoping we get snubbed.” Im just trying to bring some common sense and objectivity to this board. Im not gonna pretend everything is great when it’s not.

If you would pay attention to what I have been saying for weeks of what we had to do to host, instead of blindly thinking we deserve it no matter what and trying to bash me as anti Miami bc I’m being realistic, you’d be better off.

Advertisement
Back