We hosting?

I don't know how much they factor in head to head but that would have ended our chances before the UNC game with NCSU not advancing. Hard to put us in over a team that swept us at home, if I'm not mistaken. We came a long ways from then though, committee knows that.

You might be right, but head to head match-ups should carry much less weight in baseball IMO.

Advertisement
You might be right, but head to head match-ups should carry much less weight in baseball IMO.

Oh absolutely, so I have no idea if they factor that in or not. But at home made that pretty bad, I wasn't optimistic from that series on. They stepped it up though.

What happened to the notion that these bs conference tournaments aren't supposed to matter? And we looked better than NC St anyway, and in basically a home park for them. Oh well, maybe a #2 seed in a winnable regional will be a blessing in disguise (don't see anyone beating UCLA or Vandy).

I was thinking that. The 15 and 16 seeds (assuming everything goes chalk) will have their work cut out to win 2 of 3 @ UCLA and Vandy.

Advertisement
D1 has Ole Miss in their last host spot. An SEC team hosting with an RPI of 22 feels very prisoner of the moment.
They’ve been very “their late season collapse has been totally salvaged” on Twitter. I’d take that location.

Host sites announced in 15 minutes.

I know this has been discussed in the ACC tournament thread, but I’d love to hear from the gurus about what our chances are to get some ball in the Gables next weekend after today’s brutal collapse.
Unlikely, the only hope would be geography. They like having one in Florida, and we'd be the only viable option.

Advertisement
No regional as expected. They’ve already passed Coral Gables alphabetically.

The 16 regional sites, with host institutions and records are as follows:

• Athens, Georgia – Georgia (44-15)
• Atlanta, Georgia – Georgia Tech (41-17)
• Baton Rouge, Louisiana – LSU (37-24)
• Chapel Hill, North Carolina – North Carolina (42-17)
• Corvallis, Oregon – Oregon St. (36-18-1)
• Fayetteville, Arkansas – Arkansas (41-17)
• Greenville, North Carolina – East Carolina (43-15)
• Los Angeles, California – UCLA (47-8)
• Louisville, Kentucky – Louisville (43-15)
• Lubbock, Texas – Texas Tech (39-17)
• Morgantown, West Virginia – West Virginia (37-20)
• Nashville, Tennessee – Vanderbilt (49-10)
• Oxford, Mississippi – Ole Miss (37-25)
• Stanford, California – Stanford (41-11)
• Starkville, Mississippi – Mississippi St. (46-13)
• Stillwater, Oklahoma – Oklahoma St. (35-18)

Advertisement
Georgia
Georgia Tech
LSU
North Carolina
Oregon State
Arkansas
East Carolina
UCLA
Louisville
Texas Tech
West Virginia
Vanderbilt
Ole Miss
Oklahoma State
Mississippi State
Stanford

If I could pick a site, I’d love Corvallis the way they’ve been playing. Greenville would be decent too with a smaller ballpark that suits our style. I suspect NC State will get that one.

Advertisement
Itd be a mistake to hope for WVU and im suspecting many will after seeing the hosts. Alek Manoah is a top 10 pick. Would much rather see LSU/Ole Miss.

I played against Manoah growing up, kid is the real deal. As for the regionals, the more I think about it, the more I'm OK with not hosting as a 15 ot 16 seed. That way we skip out on a potential super regional matchup with UCLA and Vandy, and hopefully we get a regional like LSU, A&M or Oklahoma St where we can not only win it but have a slightly easier Super Regional matchup. A&M in particular i would love to head to - Lacy and the rest of their staff is nice but that team struggles to hit extremely often.

Although the more I think about it, A&M is probably a 15 seed here but we'll see.

Advertisement
Back