We hosting?

Advertisement
He's already right whether we host or not. We blew it by putting it in the hands of other teams and the committee.

It’s literally right in front of our faces that we’ve fallen out of host range bc we lost and people are still in denial. It’s insane

Bottom line is that UNC deserves to host ahead of us. The resumes are roughly equal, and they whupped us head to head.

Very interested in where we are headed. Think there’s a number of teams we match up fine against.

Advertisement
It looks like I was wrong, still wouldn't want to have us in your region if you're a number 1 seed.

Nobody is “clearly hoping we get snubbed.” Im just trying to bring some common sense and objectivity to this board. Im not gonna pretend everything is great when it’s not.

If you would pay attention to what I have been saying for weeks of what we had to do to host, instead of blindly thinking we deserve it no matter what and trying to bash me as anti Miami bc I’m being realistic, you’d be better off.

Sure you are, virtually everything you post is negative to Miami getting to host, oh I know....you’re just using “common sense” and being “objective”...lmao.

D1Baseball 5/26/19

Last five hosts: 12. West Virginia 13. Oregon State 14. LSU 15. North Carolina 16. Texas A&M

1. (14) LSU
4. Southern

3. Illinois State
2. Miami

Advertisement
When do the regionals start? Next weekend? Anyone know if the gophers (MN) made it to a regional?

With the way we play late in big games, I’m not sure there is a worse place outside the top 5 or 6 seeds the committee can send us than Baton Rouge. The first Zamora or Gil error late in the ballgame and we’ll have 10,000+ crazy Cajuns all over us.

Advertisement
Alternatively, BA says Morgantown which I don’t think is the worst thing in the world although McMahon would have to put in a great one given the Saturday pitching matchup. Interesting opening matchup. They have NC State and UNC as the last two hosts.
Morgantown, WV.
1. (5) Arkansas^1. (12) West Virginia^* ⬆
2. Arizona State2. Miami
3. Houston3. Florida Atlantic*
4. Grand Canyon*4. Stony Brook*

Advertisement
With the way we play late in big games, I’m not sure there is a worse place outside the top 5 or 6 seeds the committee can send us than Baton Rouge. The first Zamora or Gil error late in the ballgame and we’ll have 10,000+ crazy Cajuns all over us.

Nothing is going to save us in any regional if Zamora and Gil do their Bad News Bears routine.

Alternatively, BA says Morgantown which I don’t think is the worst thing in the world although McMahon would have to put in a great one given the Saturday pitching matchup. Interesting opening matchup. They have NC State and UNC as the last two hosts.
Morgantown, WV.
1. (5) Arkansas^1. (12) West Virginia^* ⬆
2. Arizona State2. Miami
3. Houston3. Florida Atlantic*
4. Grand Canyon*4. Stony Brook*

What happened to the notion that these bs conference tournaments aren't supposed to matter? And we looked better than NC St anyway, and in basically a home park for them. Oh well, maybe a #2 seed in a winnable regional will be a blessing in disguise (don't see anyone beating UCLA or Vandy).

What happened to the notion that these bs conference tournaments aren't supposed to matter? And we looked better than NC St anyway, and in basically a home park for them. Oh well, maybe a #2 seed in a winnable regional will be a blessing in disguise (don't see anyone beating UCLA or Vandy).
I don't know how much they factor in head to head but that would have ended our chances before the UNC game with NCSU not advancing. Hard to put us in over a team that swept us at home, if I'm not mistaken. We came a long ways from then though, committee knows that.

Advertisement
Back