We Have

Fawk_U Haters

Junior
Literally one of the worse fan bases in sports. 7 games in and people want to talk about boycotting, flying banners, and the rest. I find it funny the fans who think their being passionate and "saving the program" are always willing to tear something down when it doesn't meet or conform to what they think it should be. Those same people i bet would give $100 at the drop of a dime to fly a banner if Richt doesn't hire an OC, but won't contribute to the IPF. Same people will then get together in a big circle jerk called the westendzone and pat themselves on the back at the difference they're really making.

Keep up the good work schmucks you're only digging the hole deeper, but then again you probably don't care. If you run Richt off who do you think we're going to get? Who would want to take this job? Why would any kid want to come and play here? If you really want to make a difference why don't you fly banners and go into the communities and get the difference makers to start coming to Miami.

Advertisement
The face of the Miami fan base is a bank robbing felon with a radio show.

Give me a banner supporting Wezzie over that guy and his crew any day of the week.

Literally one of the worse fan bases in sports. 7 games in and people want to talk about boycotting, flying banners, and the rest. I find it funny the fans who think their being passionate and "saving the program" are always willing to tear something down when it doesn't meet or conform to what they think it should be. Those same people i bet would give $100 at the drop of a dime to fly a banner if Richt doesn't hire an OC, but won't contribute to the IPF. Same people will then get together in a big circle jerk called the westendzone and pat themselves on the back at the difference they're really making.

Keep up the good work schmucks you're only digging the hole deeper, but then again you probably don't care. If you run Richt off who do you think we're going to get? Who would want to take this job? Why would any kid want to come and play here? If you really want to make a difference why don't you fly banners and go into the communities and get the difference makers to start coming to Miami.

Exactly right. Usually the fans that talk the loudest and bring the negativity are the fans that contribute the least to the program. I guarantee that none of the WEZ crew has ever donated a dime to the program.

You think this is bad, try being around legions of bama fans. I lived in Birmingham for two years and saw a news story about a lady who shot and killed her friend bc her friend wasn't that upset about bama losing the "kick six" game. Flying banners is tame compared to sec fan bases where they will vandalize a coaches house and make death threats on their families. People are upset and have s right to be. You can't tell someone how to feel when their team doesn't perform up to expectations. As long as they aren't going to extremes let them vent. Richt is making $4M/year, a little criticism won't hurt him.

Give me a banner supporting Wezzie over that guy and his crew any day of the week.

Really? That is really true?

I love the passion don't get me wrong, but channel it a different way. I just don't understand how people can be this upset after 7 games. What did they think he was going to do? I get that we all want better, but everyone said, and i mean everyone, we had turrible coaches the last 5 years. That's 5 years of culture, bad habits, poor work ethic, and loser mentality. People say we have the same players what gives....Well you have the same players who have had years of poor teaching, conditioning, coaching, habits, etc. Compound that with all of the recruiting misses and bad takes we've had over the years and you can start to see how we are here. We need that depth to at least build competition. You think Searles wants to keep trotting Darling out there at LT? He has no other choice and that's just the reality. That doesn't get fixed within 9 months. If this is happening 4 years from now then yes by all means gas up the planes. However i think we're actually doing our team a disservice by reacting this way. Kids and their parents read these boards and it does make a difference how opinions are formed when you read negativity all the time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
News flash, it's been 13 years of ****** football, not 7 games. We have seen this song and dance before and fans are tired of it.

News flash, it's been 13 years of ****ty football, not 7 games. We have seen this song and dance before and fans are tired of it.

Just cause you're tired of it doesn't mean that it changes over night cause you want it to. The fans who share that feeling need to stop being petulant children throwing fits cause they can't have their way.

I, for one, thought we had enough talent to win the coastal. I thought richt could/should pull it off. His offensive play calling has hurt the team. Period. We have, at best, a pass first offense that has to execute short passes and minimize the liability of our lack of offensive tackles. Instead we have been a first down power run team that plays from behind the down and distance. It has not worked and it is his fault.

I think any idiot ask for a new HC or butch should jump off a bridge. That said, our offense to this point has me concerned about his long-term viability

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

News flash, it's been 13 years of ****ty football, not 7 games. We have seen this song and dance before and fans are tired of it.

Just cause you're tired of it doesn't mean that it changes over night cause you want it to. The fans who share that feeling need to stop being petulant children throwing fits cause they can't have their way.

I agree with most of your points; however, this is what message boards are for. Nothing is going to change. *****ing about it doesn't help either.

Advertisement

I agree with most of your points; however, this is what message boards are for. Nothing is going to change. *****ing about it doesn't help either.

Cant argue with you there haha

Think a lot of people are just totally frustrated with the continuing mediocrity of the program. Changing coaches doesn't seem to improve anything at all. Everyone's patience is just totally worn out after seeing the same mess every year since 2003. This time I'm not blaming Richt YET. It took Butch about five years to rebuild this broken program COMPLETELY and Richt has the same task facing him now. Not many real Division 1 players on this squad.. Certainly Brad Kaaya is not the QB we thought he would be and will never make it in the NFL .There is still a country club atmosphere around the program. (This FG kicker is an ***.) I only saw the 4th quarter last Thursday, but I saw enough to know this team and most of its players SUCK. It's a real mess and won't get better anytime soon, no matter WHO the coach is.

Another very long term rebuild. Just hope we can do it again. Until then, we're just a lousy midmajor type program. I don't blame people for being disgusted.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Really? That is really true?

I love the passion don't get me wrong, but channel it a different way. I just don't understand how people can be this upset after 7 games. What did they think he was going to do? I get that we all want better, but everyone said, and i mean everyone, we had turrible coaches the last 5 years. That's 5 years of culture, bad habits, poor work ethic, and loser mentality. People say we have the same players what gives....Well you have the same players who have had years of poor teaching, conditioning, coaching, habits, etc. Compound that with all of the recruiting misses and bad takes we've had over the years and you can start to see how we are here. We need that depth to at least build competition. You think Searles wants to keep trotting Darling out there at LT? He has no other choice and that's just the reality. That doesn't get fixed within 9 months. If this is happening 4 years from now then yes by all means gas up the planes. However i think we're actually doing our team a disservice by reacting this way. Kids and their parents read these boards and it does make a difference how opinions are formed when you read negativity all the time.

I agree with you, for the most part.
The "satisfy me now" critics are more apt to vent by posting. Whereas the equally dissatisfied, but "we need to be patient" group are less apt to post. My guess is that most Canes fans think as you and I do.

Where I disagree is the 4 year wait. The combination of no-quit this year, with improvements and philosophy changes in '17 (legitimate Coastal run, bowl win) should set us up nicely in '18. I think these are reasonable expectations.

I'm posting this while watching Louisville and all their athleticism put up 44 in the first half against NC State.
There is no reason why Miami football shouldn't be able to field that kind of team.

Richt took over an 8-4 UGA team in 2000. In 2001 he went 8-4. Pretty similar to what has happened here.

In 2002 UGA went 13-1 and won the SEC championship. 10 of his 15 seasons he had 10 wins in the toughest conference in football during that time frame. Yes, this season so far has been disappointing so far, but I'm not ready to jump off the train yet.

This man is known to be a great recruiter and an above average coach. Give the man some time to do what he does best - recruit.

Then why are you still a fan? Why not jump ship?

So because I pointed out to the OP that fans were tired of 13 years of mediocrity rather than 7 games of it, you're asking me why I don't "jump ship?" Idiotic. But I get it, you're the super fan that feels no frustration and doesn't publicly criticize this team.

Advertisement

Exactly right. Usually the fans that talk the loudest and bring the negativity are the fans that contribute the least to the program. I guarantee that none of the WEZ crew has ever donated a dime to the program.

They donated thousands of dollars to improving the program by making sure Folden got fired.

In other words you are going to keep throwing child like fits and you dont care what anyone thinks because that's what message boards are for. Got it.

Advertisement
Back