We have less talent than other teams?

Well it sure and **** fits, lol. Just watch the games, it fits.

So now Porter, Robinson, Chickillo and Pierre are scrubs?

If it fits their dumbass argument, they will say it over and over and over again

Porter was ranked the #19 DT in the nation by ESPN coming out of high school. Robinson was ranked as the #39 DT by Scout coming out of high school. Olsen Pierre was a 3-star recruit. Chickillo was a 5 star recruit by ESPN and and Rivals and the 3rd best DE in the nation in the same year as Clowney.

You're telling me North Carolina Central, Memphis and Troy have that talent on their DL? Now, I'm not saying that stars and recruiting rankings mean everything, but these guys were all highly recruited. These coaches have not gotten the most out of them, or have not out them in the best position to make plays.

Exactly. Porter was a helluva prospect. His first step and his explosiveness are both elite. He was 10x the prospect coming out of HS than Luther Maddy. Maddy is making tons of plays at VT getting upfield, and Porter is standing there playing pattycake with OL and getting pushed backward.

So Maddy got stronger and faster than Porter, I'm not debating that. Maybe he put more time in the weight room and put in more time working on his explosiveness. You can only teach a linemen so many moves, he's got it or he doesn't. You think Wilfolk had a bunch of moves? He just threw OL to the side and got to the RB and QB. Just like the guy from Florida did to our offensive linemen, those are top linemen, we don't have one like that now.

Advertisement

So now Porter, Robinson, Chickillo and Pierre are scrubs?

If it fits their dumbass argument, they will say it over and over and over again

Porter was ranked the #19 DT in the nation by ESPN coming out of high school. Robinson was ranked as the #39 DT by Scout coming out of high school. Olsen Pierre was a 3-star recruit. Chickillo was a 5 star recruit by ESPN and and Rivals and the 3rd best DE in the nation in the same year as Clowney.

You're telling me North Carolina Central, Memphis and Troy have that talent on their DL? Now, I'm not saying that stars and recruiting rankings mean everything, but these guys were all highly recruited. These coaches have not gotten the most out of them, or have not out them in the best position to make plays.

Probably not, but it's probably closer than people think. Chick looked better his first year than he does now, too heavy for his frame. Robinson way over rated never did anything. Porter has been hurt most of his time here. Rarely do they get a hand near the QB. Our great teams use to blow up the offensive linemen and disrupt the QB. Without doing that we are done, with the linebackers and DB's we have starting. Bottom line, the apposing offensive lines are opening hole up big enough for a car to go through. We can talk about ratings all day, they are not doing their job, most of the reason is, they are not that good.

Who didn't think we were going to have a let down after getting blown out by Florida State? You could see all season we were on the edge looking to fall over. After losing DJ I knew we were in trouble the rest of the way. He is our only great player up to this point. Most of the players we have don't have his heart, that's another thing missing on this team. Did you see Flowers getting blown up by a so called inferior player? We had Coker leading the way in 2001 and 2, one of our worst HC's, those players were on cruise control. They could have won with a pee wee coach, we don't have enough great players on this team, it is what it is.

Hold on, let me get this straight...you're suggesting that the talent level on our DL and the talent level on North Carolina Central's DL is closer than we think? Seriously? I mean, you can't actually believe that. But, let's operate under the assumption that you do - who's fault is that? If our coaches couldn't develop Chick, Porter, Robinson or Pierre into better players than the guys at North Carolina Central, our coaches suck. If our coaches couldn't recruit better players on our DL than those at North Carolina Central, our coaches suck. I can guarantee you that the DL coaches at all of those schools would take those 4 guys over any of the guys they play, and that would be after watching our guys get blown off the ball by Duke. If our coaches cannot turn those guys on our team into competent players capable enough of slowing down the likes of Wake and Duke, then our coaches are not good enough.

Exactly. Porter was a helluva prospect. His first step and his explosiveness are both elite. He was 10x the prospect coming out of HS than Luther Maddy. Maddy is making tons of plays at VT getting upfield, and Porter is standing there playing pattycake with OL and getting pushed backward.

So Maddy got stronger and faster than Porter, I'm not debating that. Maybe he put more time in the weight room and put in more time working on his explosiveness. You can only teach a linemen so many moves, he's got it or he doesn't. You think Wilfolk had a bunch of moves? He just threw OL to the side and got to the RB and QB. Just like the guy from Florida did to our offensive linemen, those are top linemen, we don't have one like that now.

No.

Maddy plays in a scheme that allows him to pin his ears back. Porter's scheme is the opposite.

Porter's plenty explosive.

No.

Maddy plays in a scheme that allows him to pin his ears back. Porter's scheme is the opposite.

Porter's plenty explosive.

Don't waste your time, this guy is a lost cause. Or a troll, not sure which one.

teams with more talent lose to teams with less talent all of the time. that's why they play the game, right?

i do not know for a fact whether we have more or whether we have less talent than the teams listed by Lu Cane. i dont follow those teams to know. what i do know is that our players on D play poorly and with little skill a lot of the time and that we have little depth just about all around except maybe for the OL. ****, we have malcom lewis out there for a ton of plays even though he runs and walks with a limp. a limp cot**** it.

i dont think we can successfully argue that it is lack of talent vs coaching.scheme. there are many other factors.

1. we lack leadership on both sides of the ball, which would be helpful when we make mistakes. this is what herbie referred to as mentally fragile. morris seems like a humble and neat kid, but he has zero leadership skills. cf yelling at coley in the FAU game. the last few games changed when morris got intercepted or when we fumbled. no recovery.

2. we lack passion and energy.

3. this team is defeated and has not recovered from the FSU loss. perhaps that is a function of starting so well (illusion) and falling so badly and deeply.

coaches cannot teach leadership or passion or a winning attitude. that is innate.

regardless of your position, golden and company deserve additional time to get their players that have the above qualities. they'll have this opportunity next year and in 2015. if they cannot win the very winnable games like duke and VT with those players, then they might not be the right coaches.

Advertisement

Or maybe he's in a system that lets him get up the field and make aggressive football plays while Porter is attempting to monitor 2 gaps while playing pattycake with the OL and playing on his heels. You gotta look at the system, man. You can't make judgments like you're making in this thread without consideration of the system.

In your previous post, you talked about how our DL used to get up the field and blow **** up and make plays. Do you know why they're not doing that now? Hint: It's not all talent related.

When we run the 2 gap system shouldn't our line backers be making more tackles, able to run free. Which perryman has been doing

When we run the 2 gap system shouldn't our line backers be making more tackles, able to run free. Which perryman has been doing

He can only run free if the linemen if front of him are being double-teamed. Our DL aren't 2-gapping well enough to require a double-team.

I found these tweets interesting:
Daniel Gould ‏@dgould151 - So while the zone gives up it's share of yards, we didn't lose the last two weeks because of it.
Daniel Gould ‏@dgould151 - And VT didn't do much straight drop back passing, we got beat on boots where LBs got faked out and on crosses vs man.
Daniel Gould ‏@dgould151 - I think it's fair to note Duke only threw for 185 yards, 65 which came on guys in man getting beat over the top.

Obviously his opinion and the stat on the Duke game don't answer the question about whether the defensive struggles are the scheme the coaching stuff is using, the talent level or a mixture of both (most likely). Were the LBs out of assignment or not able to complete their assignment based on talent level? It is encouraging, in my opinion, that the defense isn't getting beaten on deep passes.

Advertisement
Why is that encouraging? Teams rarely throw deep on us. They don't have to. Everything underneath is open.

Daniel Gould ‏@dgould151 - So while the zone gives up it's share of yards, we didn't lose the last two weeks because of it.
Daniel Gould ‏@dgould151 - And VT didn't do much straight drop back passing, we got beat on boots where LBs got faked out and on crosses vs man.
Daniel Gould ‏@dgould151 - I think it's fair to note Duke only threw for 185 yards, 65 which came on guys in man getting beat over the top.

Obviously his opinion and the stat on the Duke game don't answer the question about whether the defensive struggles are the scheme the coaching stuff is using, the talent level or a mixture of both (most likely). Were the LBs out of assignment or not able to complete their assignment based on talent level? It is encouraging, in my opinion, that the defense isn't getting beaten on deep passes.
The entire premise of our defense is to not get beat deep like we're some ****** Sun Belt school playing an SEC team.

Safeties 25 yards deep, corners 15 yards deep, backers 10 yards deep, flats vacated. Hmmm, where would I pass the ball with that kind of coverage?

Intermediate and underneath passes are a given against our defense. We're getting coached up like we're a slow Big Ten school. **** these guys.

LULZ at "it's encouraging that we're not getting beat deep". Yes. I'm encouraged that **** teams are nickel and diming us to death for 500 yards and 40+ points. They're stabbing us to death with a toothpick instead of lopping our heads off in one fell swoop with a guillotine. That's encouraging indeed.

I don't find the tweets interesting nor the fact that we don't get beat deep encouraging.

Advertisement
LULZ at "it's encouraging that we're not getting beat deep". Yes. I'm encouraged that **** teams are nickel and diming us to death for 500 yards and 40+ points. They're stabbing us to death with a toothpick instead of lopping our heads off in one fell swoop with a guillotine. That's encouraging indeed.

Some of these dudes on here legit have lost their minds.

Some of these dudes on here legit have lost their minds.

I'm all for positivity. ****, I was whistling through the graveyard most of the season clinging to us being undefeated. But at some point, no matter how much you wish things were different, you gotta realize you can't hope your way into this **** pile being any different than it's been the last 10 years. Corch Al is yielding about the same results as Shanntard, but his defenses are a million times worse.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back