We have a problem with ACC refs

Advertisement
* The fourth down stop with dude's foot offsides as he dropped into coverage was 50-50 at best.
* The ref waiting to see if Miami recovered the fumble before ruling the pass incomplete on Clemson's (i wanna say) second drive was horrible.
* The incessant holding by Clemson's wide receivers that never got called.
* The targeting on a solid tackle to the midsection was as bad a call as it gets. Booth generated penalty.
* Miami lining up to go for it on 4th and one when Mallory was clearly a yard short, getting to the line, Clemson's D wasnt ready and then the refs stop the play to review the spot.

Clemson is the ACC's golden goose. Too much money at stake if they dont make the playoff. It seemed clear to me that the ACC was concerned about a Miami upset, at least early on. Remember, this is a conference that had administrator's involved in booth replay calls, not just referees. That should tell everyone something.

1) That early offsides hurt on the fourth down play but guess what - don’t line up offsides and give the refs the option. Both DEs were perilously close to being lined up offsides on that play. Ref thru the flag immediately, not after we stopped them.

2) It was incomplete. Who cares. Irrelevant.

3) Incessant holding on Clemson wrs? Meh...

4) Targeting is the issue to take exception with. This is on our coaches. But... when we have betas walking the sideline, what do you expect? Any big hit made my miami any week... is targeting. Coaches and administration need to be in the ACCs *** - but I know they aren’t. It’s the other way around. Beta boys.

5) Lining up to go for it on 4th and 1 - the refs made the right call. They lined the ball up as if it was 1st and 10. Even you said Mallory was a yard short. Miami hurried up to snap a play before they pushed it back, rightfully, to 4th and 1.

Some of you are just saps. Face the facts. We got our doors blown off. Out coached. Out classed. And pretty much out manned at every single position. (Tell me what Miami starter you’d take over Clemson minus Bolden... and even that’s a wash).

Did you forget we blocked 3 fgs in the game and ran one back for a td?? Lol. Refs fault too? We’re lucky it wasn’t 55-10. Because that’s sure as **** what it felt like. Refs or not.

Clemson is the golden goose because they are BETTER! Not because the ACC designates them as such.

Hearing all of these excuses is pathetic. Take the loss. Nut up.

Last edited:
I’m not a blame the refs kind of guy , but it’s been rather obvious the bias against us..

Calls impacts games, that’s been true always .. that call on Roche on 4th was complete bs, we take all the momentum with the ball at around midfield for our first possession.. total dynamic of game has now changed.

we got whooped, but someone mentioned the refs will show up when we don’t I agree.. so now it’s two opponents.. smith targeting call .. ridiculous.. Carter has a target on his back .

so many missed holding calls that extend drives..

payton got mugged on a couple screens .. what infuriated me most is that it’s not consistent.. they call it against us but never on the opposition for the same thing

now our **** the bed.. oline overmatched , and WRs no good .. got us out of rhythm early and we couldn’t make plays when presented.

Advertisement
Flag should’ve came out immediately at the snap. It didn’t. It came out once it was clear they were not converting 4th down.

Wrong. Go watch it again. Ref thru the flag right after the snap and WELL before Roche broke on the ball.... and Roches foot was CLEARLY over the black line TV sets as the line of scrimmage. Those are the facts.

It's called making it be known

Oh don't kid yourself. It's known. Been known.
We almost went a whole season 2 years ago without the refs calling a single holding penalty on the opposing offenses , while having the #1 TFL defense in the nation. Can't make that **** up.

We might as well just take the names off the jerseys and replace them with HE HATE ME. We need to get the **** out of the ACC if we ever want to have a chance to compete on the even.

I get it. You never want to leave a games in the hands of the refs. We all too well know this. But this ACC officiating is borderline criminal when it comes to their bias against the U!

86 ACC REFS!!!

Go Canes!!!!

I’ve watched the play ten times. The ball is spotted at the 37 yard line but the refs foot(what they use to mark the line of scrimmage) is at the 36.5. That blackline on your tv goes off his foot which is in the wrong place. It’s bad officiating and a crucial call to start the game.

These people on here have obviously never played sports momentum is important and you can break down winning or losing a game to 5 plays. It is very sad when two blown calls are responsible for 2 of those big time plays(the targeting on smith all I can do is 😂). Our offense **** the bed tonight no doubt about it but take back 14 points and Miami is in this game late in the fourth where anything can happen. I’m not saying don’t call penalties on Miami just call them consistently on both teams bc if roches was offsides they were offsides 10 times and if smith is targeting they should have had 3 players ejected from the game.
Look where the ball is and look where the black line is. Players are looking at the ball not the refs foot.

Attachments

• 36726044-56ED-4AA0-8C0D-2E8929F0EC5C.jpeg
    36726044-56ED-4AA0-8C0D-2E8929F0EC5C.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
Advertisement
1) That early offsides hurt on the fourth down play but guess what - don’t line up offsides and give the refs the option. Both DEs were perilously close to being lined up offsides on that play. Ref thru the flag immediately, not after we stopped them.

4) Targeting is the issue to take exception with. This is on our coaches. But... when we have betas walking the sideline, what do you expect? Any big hit made my miami any week... is targeting. Coaches and administration need to be in the ACCs *** - but I know they aren’t. It’s the other way around. Beta boys.

5) Lining up to go for it on 4th and 1 - the refs made the right call. They lined the ball up as if it was 1st and 10. Even you said Mallory was a yard short. Miami hurried up to snap a play before they pushed it back, rightfully, to 4th and 1.

Some of you are just saps. Face the facts. We got our doors blown off. Out coached. Out classed. And pretty much out manned at every single position. (Tell me what Miami starter you’d take over Clemson minus Bolden... and even that’s a wash).

Did you forget we blocked 3 fgs in the game and ran one back for a td?? Lol. Refs fault too? We’re lucky it wasn’t 55-10. Because that’s sure as **** what it felt like. Refs or not.

Clemson is the golden goose because they are BETTER! Not because the ACC designates them as such.

dumb dumb dumb

just dumb on every level based on one single thing alone..

this happens EVERY game

this is not some outlier, this happens every single game and for you to act like the fans are making excuses is laughably stupid.

it reminds me of a typical manager these days, the workers tell the boss, "quit adding more stuff for us to do every week, we're already maxed out"

then you as a boss say, "quit making excuses"

1 3 and 4 are the issues. I’ve talked about the offsides enough(which was not offsides). After the targeting call manny was all over the officials. The rule is terrible but that didn’t fit the definition of the rule and it had to be reviewed minutes after the play bc Lawrence ****** was hurting. Two big issues if he is not hurt the play is not reviewed and smith made a nice ply and a clinical tackle. You can’t protect Lawrence and not protect king. All I want is consistency. If your going to be whistle happy do it for both teams bc Clemson could have had 2-3 players ejected in that game for hits on king.

dumb dumb dumb

just dumb on every level based on one single thing alone..

this happens EVERY game

this is not some outlier, this happens every single game and for you to act like the fans are making excuses is laughably stupid.

it reminds me of a typical manager these days, the workers tell the boss, "quit adding more stuff for us to do every week, we're already maxed out"

then you as a boss say, "quit making excuses"

Then where were you after the FSU game? Or any victory?

Funny how this ramps up when we get our **** pushed in.

It all falls on the coaches and administration. Tired of the bias?... raise **** EVERY day until you see change.

Advertisement
Wrong. Go watch it again. Ref thru the flag right after the snap and WELL before Roche broke on the ball.... and Roches foot was CLEARLY over the black line TV sets as the line of scrimmage. Those are the facts.
The blackline is in the wrong spot bro. Ball is spoted at the 37 Clemson player snaps the ball off the 37 yard line. The refs foot is a little past the 36.5(where the black line is) our players are watching the ball not the refs fat foot. I posted a screen shot of it.

Then where were you after the FSU game? Or any victory?

Funny how this ramps up when we get our **** pushed in.

It all falls on the coaches and administration. Tired of the bias?... raise **** EVERY day until you see change.

where was I? sitting here getting a giggle out of posters that thought we were going to win this game.

fsu was holding and playing dirt as fck, the real question is where were you?? If you can't see this then what else is needed to be said?

These refs are the reason we’ve been a dumpster fire for 15 years. If it weren’t for them, we’d be on top go the college football world again. We definitely don’t have pooor coaching or a poor AD.
Nibidy said the refs are responsible for the last 15 years but if we're being adults about it nobody can deny the obvious effects of biased officiating. Their 1st score never happens if the obvious clip on that play was called. Come on man, be realistic. Dam, one loss and here yall go turning on the staff. Not flaming but why bother being a fan if you expect us to never lose.

Advertisement
where was I? sitting here getting a giggle out of posters that thought we were going to win this game.

fsu was holding and playing dirt as fck, the real question is where were you?? If you can't see this then what else is needed to be said?

I was in the stands at the Rock supporting my team, that’s where I was.

And FSU was getting called on their dirty as f*ck plays. 12 for 113 yards to be exact. Clemson also had 8 for 85.

So again... why is the *****ing about refs ramped up only after a loss? Not a close loss either. Game was never in doubt. Excuses are for losers.

I was in the stands at the Rock supporting my team, that’s where I was.

And FSU was getting called on their dirty as f*ck plays. 12 for 113 yards to be exact. Clemson also had 8 for 85.

So again... why is the *****ing about refs ramped up only after a loss? Not a close loss either. Game was never in doubt. Excuses are for losers.

most of those penalties came after the game got out of hand, and for obvious reasons ( looking at you carolinas )

but ye we don't have an issue with refs, that's why we went half a season or more without getting a single holding call on the opposing offensive line.

I'm not even gonna bother with you.. if you're so ignorant to believe it's not an issue then so be it.

most of those penalties came after the game got out of hand, and for obvious reasons ( looking at you carolinas )

but ye we don't have an issue with refs, that's why we went half a season or more without getting a single holding call on the opposing offensive line.

I'm not even gonna bother with you.. if you're so ignorant to believe it's not an issue then so be it.

Did I say it’s not an issue??? You’d have to be living under a rock to not see the biased officiating. However, nit picking every single call... is for losers. Because you (and others) weren’t doing it after the wins.

I’ll be back at the Rock next week at noon. I’m sure you’ll be in front of your computer waiting to ***** at the next flag that drops... carry on Karen.

Advertisement
Back