We have a problem with ACC refs

mikegrinder

Recruit
The last three games, including this Clemson game has me questioning the refs penalties. Miami guys being held on the defensive line, if he even looks like a hard hit targeting calls. I saw Wiggins get push down on a deep ball and there was no flag and the Clemson cornerback picks off the ball. I'm watching um players get pushed in the back trying to make a tackle. I saw Carter pushed in the back an graze the Clemson quarterback. DB goes to tackle quarterback at the midsection and get hits with targeting And I'm not blaming the refs completely. The game is hard enough we don't need the refs helping our opponents

Advertisement
The last three games, including this Clemson game has me questioning the refs penalties. Miami guys being held on the defensive line, if he even looks like a hard hit targeting calls. I saw Wiggins get push down on a deep ball and there was no flag and the Clemson cornerback picks off the ball. I'm watching you and players get pushed in the back trying to make a tackle. I saw Carter pushed in the back an graze the Clemson quarterback. DB goes to tackle quarterback at the midsection and get hits with targeting And I'm not blaming the refs completely. The game is hard enough we don't need to be also dealing with the refs
the targeting on lawrence was bull**** imo

The last three games, including this Clemson game has me questioning the refs penalties. Miami guys being held on the defensive line, if he even looks like a hard hit targeting calls. I saw Wiggins get push down on a deep ball and there was no flag and the Clemson cornerback picks off the ball. I'm watching you and players get pushed in the back trying to make a tackle. I saw Carter pushed in the back an graze the Clemson quarterback. DB goes to tackle quarterback at the midsection and get hits with targeting And I'm not blaming the refs completely. The game is hard enough we don't need to be also dealing with the refs

Just the last three games?

You new here?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean where have you been. It was a point where we were consistently being called one of the best DL units in the acc and went almost a season and half with no holding calls.

Amari Carter at this point cant even play in conference as he has a target on his back...

Keontra Smith did whats right and what he has been taught and because he hit Lawrence too hard in the midsection it was called targeting. I really would like to know the justification for that call...considering he didnt even drive through Lawrence.

For the most part its from the higher ups in the ACC. They dont really f*ck with us...we were brought in to give the conference a lil football cache...but they could care less about Miami. We are there to hype a few big games and be sacrifice to their pride n joy north carolina teams or clemson.

What really sh*tted them is that we win some in Basketball

* The fourth down stop with dude's foot offsides as he dropped into coverage was 50-50 at best.
* The ref waiting to see if Miami recovered the fumble before ruling the pass incomplete on Clemson's (i wanna say) second drive was horrible.
* The incessant holding by Clemson's wide receivers that never got called.
* The targeting on a solid tackle to the midsection was as bad a call as it gets. Booth generated penalty.
* Miami lining up to go for it on 4th and one when Mallory was clearly a yard short, getting to the line, Clemson's D wasnt ready and then the refs stop the play to review the spot.

Clemson is the ACC's golden goose. Too much money at stake if they dont make the playoff. It seemed clear to me that the ACC was concerned about a Miami upset, at least early on. Remember, this is a conference that had administrator's involved in booth replay calls, not just referees. That should tell everyone something.

* The fourth down stop with dude's foot offsides as he dropped into coverage was 50-50 at best.
* The ref waiting to see if Miami recovered the fumble before ruling the pass incomplete on Clemson's (i wanna say) second drive was horrible.
* The incessant holding by Clemson's wide receivers that never got called.
* The targeting on a solid tackle to the midsection was as bad a call as it gets. Booth generated penalty.
* Miami lining up to go for it on 4th and one when Mallory was clearly a yard short, getting to the line, Clemson's D wasnt ready and then the refs stop the play to review the spot.

Clemson is the ACC's golden goose. Too much money at stake if they dont make the playoff. It seemed clear to me that the ACC was concerned about a Miami upset, at least early on. Remember, this is a conference that had administrator's involved in booth replay calls, not just referees. That should tell everyone something.
If it weren’t for the refs, we would have won tonight.
Clemson blew out out, but the refs took it from us

Advertisement
If it weren’t for the refs, we would have won tonight.
Clemson blew out out, but the refs took it from us

Am I supposed to read that in the voice of every criminal who gets busted at the end of a Scooby Doo episode?

"Yeah and I woulda gotten away with it if it werent for those pesky kids."

The ACC are who we thought they were.
If you’re going to criticize Miami you need to start with the refs first of all. It’s not just the calls, it’s the no calls. Look at any Clemson play and you will see obvious holding. On Etienne’s big run, the oline is literally holding our guys face masks... no call. We need to wear casts on our forearms and chop that **** all night
Most of y’all don’t know that most referees, over 80%, come from one small town in Pennsylvania.
The reason why Vegas is always winning is because they control the officials.

I’ve been talking about this since the Randy Shannon days.
If you don’t understand is that the ACC is a Carolina controlled conference,
which includes North and South Carolina, I don’t know what to tell you.
Miami does not fit in the model of the ACC. We would be much better served pulling a few teams and being the big dog in the AAC. Make it a Power 6, then we would get the calls or at least a fair shake.

Listen, we are better than we were and Manny is way ahead of the game on recruiting.
Especially when it comes to Players getting paid from their likeness.
We have a whole department dedicated to getting players paid from their likeness and handling their accounts. This will level the playing field with the cheaters out there, namely the SEC and Clemson. 0

I told y’all before, don’t be surprised if Manny turns this thing around. We are living history right now.
I’m currently doing a Palo Mayombe ritual for Etienne and Lawrence to get season ending injuries as a result of their cheating against us.

GO CANES... BYTCHES!

Advertisement
Honestly...thats a BS call (Quincy offsides)....Clemson had more than a few occasions that they were on line later in game and not one call...
That was a major effect on game...not saying we win but that **** set a tone...
That Other non targeting on Sunshine was the fvckin worst....no other conference even thinks of making that call or even think of reviewing it...
This conference sucks **** and would love to leave it already....
Its well known of their bias and constant ******** of Canes.

Embarrassing that you guys are talking about the refs after that game.

Since offense was the much bigger problem tonight, maybe we should all ignore the atrocious (and one-sided) officiating and start a go fund me to fly a fire Lashlee banner, amirite??

Other than that, no... it is not embarrassing to talk about officiating that eliminated any possibility of us winning the game.

And, yeah, if they let Clemson blatantly hold (Hook and tackle... over and over) like that on the outside, there is literally no way we win the game considering the athletes they have.

But maybe hook and tackle or grab and pull is a newly legal blocking technique in the ACC?

Refs didn't lose us the game, but man those two targeting calls were awful. Carter one, alright maybe but you typically just see a personal foul there. The one on Smith tho, dude I have never seen that called, ever. **** the Clemson safety lead with crown of his helmet right into King's head and it wasn't called or reviewed. But hitting someone in the ribs? Please.

Advertisement
Back