We have a problem with ACC refs

Advertisement
I mean where have you been. It was a point where we were consistently being called one of the best DL units in the acc and went almost a season and half with no holding calls.

Amari Carter at this point cant even play in conference as he has a target on his back...

Keontra Smith did whats right and what he has been taught and because he hit Lawrence too hard in the midsection it was called targeting. I really would like to know the justification for that call...considering he didnt even drive through Lawrence.

For the most part its from the higher ups in the ACC. They dont really f*ck with us...we were brought in to give the conference a lil football cache...but they could care less about Miami. We are there to hype a few big games and be sacrifice to their pride n joy north carolina teams or clemson.

What really sh*tted them is that we win some in Basketball

Carter's hit, he was on the way down and such a bull****. I literally let out a string of obscenities that would make the dad in a Christmas Story blush.

I do get the Smith call, but then I don't. I was saying to my son, I don't know what they expect in a tackle anymore. If that's targeting, then there's another five or so missed in a game at a bare minimum. Is it because it's the QB? Are we even allowed to hit them anymore?

The thing about that play I also found maddening is was that the right tackle has a handful of 15's jersey or Phillips would've been there before Smith got his tackle in.

It's maddening at this point.

Advertisement
They get their marching orders from up higher. It’s always been this way. We should have never joined this crappy conference. Even ND picked where it wanted to be involved with the ACC. Smart.
Been saying this since we joined, this conference is a bad fit for us and that will bever change. I hate it and always will.
The ACC are who we thought they were.
If you’re going to criticize Miami you need to start with the refs first of all. It’s not just the calls, it’s the no calls. Look at any Clemson play and you will see obvious holding. On Etienne’s big run, the oline is literally holding our guys face masks... no call. We need to wear casts on our forearms and chop that **** all night
Most of y’all don’t know that most referees, over 80%, come from one small town in Pennsylvania.
The reason why Vegas is always winning is because they control the officials.

I’ve been talking about this since the Randy Shannon days.
If you don’t understand is that the ACC is a Carolina controlled conference,
which includes North and South Carolina, I don’t know what to tell you.
Miami does not fit in the model of the ACC. We would be much better served pulling a few teams and being the big dog in the AAC. Make it a Power 6, then we would get the calls or at least a fair shake.

Listen, we are better than we were and Manny is way ahead of the game on recruiting.
Especially when it comes to Players getting paid from their likeness.
We have a whole department dedicated to getting players paid from their likeness and handling their accounts. This will level the playing field with the cheaters out there, namely the SEC and Clemson. 0

I told y’all before, don’t be surprised if Manny turns this thing around. We are living history right now.
I’m currently doing a Palo Mayombe ritual for Etienne and Lawrence to get season ending injuries as a result of their cheating against us.

GO CANES... BYTCHES!
This guy gets it.

Coming up. My coaches always said never leave games in the hands of the refs......

I think that’s something we could do at Miami.
EPIC , point here FOCUS obviously this didn’t happen except for a very few players.
Clemson was FOCUSED obviously on both sides of the ball.

I’ll also throw in lack of field presence, this was our down fall , once Clemson saw this GLARING in the first series the rest was Clemson FEEDING.

We couldn’t do anything to stop it but flop around waiting for Clemson to give us something anything which a focused team never does they just execute and focus on there game plan.

Enough said this is exactly what happened.

GOCANES

* The fourth down stop with dude's foot offsides as he dropped into coverage was 50-50 at best.
* The ref waiting to see if Miami recovered the fumble before ruling the pass incomplete on Clemson's (i wanna say) second drive was horrible.
* The incessant holding by Clemson's wide receivers that never got called.
* The targeting on a solid tackle to the midsection was as bad a call as it gets. Booth generated penalty.
* Miami lining up to go for it on 4th and one when Mallory was clearly a yard short, getting to the line, Clemson's D wasnt ready and then the refs stop the play to review the spot.

Clemson is the ACC's golden goose. Too much money at stake if they dont make the playoff. It seemed clear to me that the ACC was concerned about a Miami upset, at least early on. Remember, this is a conference that had administrator's involved in booth replay calls, not just referees. That should tell everyone something.
Lack of field presence and focus, we saw the results glaring, spot on

Advertisement
When Clemson’s D can bear hug and shove our WR to the ground to no not only break up plays, but force picks, there is something up.

Clemson was just the better team, much better, like light years better. We can’t blame this on the refs.

We are building something great, we are just missing a few key pieces and some time. We just weren’t ready for a Clemson caliber type team yet.

Meh.....We just got our asses kicked! If the game would have been played with no refs it would still have been as *** whipping! The reality is we’re not on their level period.

Advertisement
Yeah, I'm not trying to say we win that game, but ACC officiating has really taken a lot of the fun out of watching games for me. It is to the point where if Miami hits anyone hard, not even incidental helmet to helmet, it's targeting.

If this conference wants to turn the game into flag football, so be it, but at least call those on the other teams too.

Advertisement
* The fourth down stop with dude's foot offsides as he dropped into coverage was 50-50 at best.
* The ref waiting to see if Miami recovered the fumble before ruling the pass incomplete on Clemson's (i wanna say) second drive was horrible.
* The incessant holding by Clemson's wide receivers that never got called.
* The targeting on a solid tackle to the midsection was as bad a call as it gets. Booth generated penalty.
* Miami lining up to go for it on 4th and one when Mallory was clearly a yard short, getting to the line, Clemson's D wasnt ready and then the refs stop the play to review the spot.

Clemson is the ACC's golden goose. Too much money at stake if they dont make the playoff. It seemed clear to me that the ACC was concerned about a Miami upset, at least early on. Remember, this is a conference that had administrator's involved in booth replay calls, not just referees. That should tell everyone something.
Dang man I’ve never heard that before about having conference administrators involved in the replay booth. Smh please SFbay tell me that has been fixed and those mutherfvckers aren’t in the replay booth anymore? This blatant corruption is make me just say to **** with all this, the games already to hard to win especially if your getting fvcked by your own conference for gods sake.

I really can’t stand the: “the refs didn’t beat us” and “why is this a thread” comments because not one person as even expressed that. Detailing the refs slights and indiscretions is not the same as believing it was the difference in the game. U can both detail very bad calls and believe that Clemson was/is the better team and won the game despite the very bad calls. These points are not mutually exclusive.

And the field presence point is a very good one!!! While the refs are culturally and almost institutionally bias against UM, we still send them a message in games like these that they can feast on us as well, if our opponents are. Clemson’s aggression on both sides of the ball impacted the refs, it gave them cover to get at us. We were reeling and the refs stomped us out. They kick us while we are down so the point is to dictate in these types of games! When we dominate they hold their whistles. When bullies see fight in their targets they back down.

In the Notre Dame game they put their whistle up and let us destroy them because we dictated and played downhill, they felt helpless so they ran away from Notre Dame and left them to die that night. That’s what we have to do!

If we don’t dictate, the refs will. If we don’t show up, the refs will.

We should move to Big12

dead serious. That offside penalty on Roche first quarter sold me.

the targeting QB’s belly button was insane
I’ve watched the play ten times. The ball is spotted at the 37 yard line but the refs foot(what they use to mark the line of scrimmage) is at the 36.5. That blackline on your tv goes off his foot which is in the wrong place. It’s bad officiating and a crucial call to start the game.

These people on here have obviously never played sports momentum is important and you can break down winning or losing a game to 5 plays. It is very sad when two blown calls are responsible for 2 of those big time plays(the targeting on smith all I can do is 😂). Our offense **** the bed tonight no doubt about it but take back 14 points and Miami is in this game late in the fourth where anything can happen. I’m not saying don’t call penalties on Miami just call them consistently on both teams bc if roches was offsides they were offsides 10 times and if smith is targeting they should have had 3 players ejected from the game.

Advertisement
Back