We have 4 LBs committed?

Striker is a LB....we’ve just been playing safeties there.
There are advantages to that fwiw. Football is constantly changing. Setting the edge, playing well in the box and truly covering a wr/te without losing speed, feet and hips is just a more difficult athlete to find.

Advertisement
Thomas Davis is a DE all the way.
Chase Smith has been slated to play Striker but he could easily play LB here.

Why all the Steed hate on this thread? He is just getting back and has looked solid in his limited time.
I honestly do not think Steed is that bad and Jennings made some plays in the hole against Duke. I just want some other guys to get reps to put the best 2 linebackers on the feel.

I honestly do not think Steed is that bad and Jennings made some plays in the hole against Duke. I just want some other guys to get reps to put the best 2 linebackers on the feel.

I get that. We have been asking for speed at the position and it seems we have recruited that way. I am thinking the young guns (sans Flagg) haven't picked up the defense and the coaches feel more comfortable rolling with Jennings and McCloud.

As much as I want speed, I believe there is still a place on the field for thumpers like Jennings and Steed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back