We have 4 LBs committed?

[]_[] swag

Sophomore
Tyler Johnson
Chase Smith
Troutman
Thomas Davis

I like all these guys, but are we going to have 10 LBs on roster next year for 2 spots?

Am I missing something? Are one of these guys being groomed for the striker position? (Chase?)

Are the coaches not happy with the young guys we have on the roster? Seems like over recruiting the LB position is why we have a little numbers crunch and are only going to be able to go with 1 DE and maybe 1CB in this class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Davis is being recruited as a DE, people are now saying linebacker because that is where he started this year in hs at the beginning of the season. He has the chance to be that here, but unless something changed he is a de in Miami to start

In addition to what others have mentioned, I have to imagine that we are going to have some attrition at the LB spot next year; kids wanting and/or being encouraged to move on.

Advertisement
Well now that Davis is going to play DE do we really need 3 DE’s by adding Payton and then seeing the 2022 DE class is loaded there? I know Payton is good and everything but I wouldn’t be opposed to grabbing 3 CB’s and Garcia if Miami misses on Lewis and Smith.

Advertisement
Davis will never be anything but a situational DE. He has the body for the perfect Mike. No idea if he has the instincts and head for the position. But that’s his money position.

I like all our current commits and want Lewis and Payton. We have a talent gap at LB and we have three DEs headed to the NFL. Don’t know how you get around the team and class caps without portal kids relief from the NCAA which is what people keep saying will happen but hasn’t happened, To get to a full and talented roster, we would want to take in at least 7 more if we had room.

Advertisement
Checked Tyler Johnson’s Hudl and the last update was from a year ago. Anyone got highlight or comps? What’s his ceiling? Is he a drop candidate if we need to make room for T2 or another CB?

Advertisement
Back