We got a bye in the ACC tournament!

From just this century, I'd be interested in seeing who people think fits that true "leader" mold. I'll start with Shane Larkin, Jack McClinton, .

So ... NC St murdered FSU tonight, winning by 20. Any impact on us?
Angel and Kamari Murphy

Advertisement
That VT game looks big. Do we make the NCAA if we drop our last two? Would
I think if we go 0 for 2 and 0 for 1 in the ACCT we're still a 9 seed in NCCAT. Not much room up or down unless we make a big run in ACCT.

Really? I would think we are out like Fout in that case. They aren't taking 8-10 ACC teams. And thats where we would be, at best, if we go 0-3.

Va Tech is either in Lunardi's first four out or last four in. Can't recall. And they have the same record as we do, overall and conference.

If they beat Duke tonight, their problem is solved. If we go 0-2, it's us who may find ourselves needing to win at least one ACC tourney game.

That VT game looks big. Do we make the NCAA if we drop our last two? Would

Really? I would think we are out like Fout in that case. They aren't taking 8-10 ACC teams. And thats where we would be, at best, if we go 0-3.
We would be 9 and 9 in Conference if we lost our last 2 games. Not 8 and 10.

Advertisement
Yep freaking Duke blew it. I was rooting for them so of course they'd go and lose. If we beat VT we'd be tied with them assuming we lose to UNC but we have tiebreaker on VT in that scenario. I just want the highest seed possible in the acc tourney.

Yep freaking Duke blew it. I was rooting for them so of course they'd go and lose. If we beat VT we'd be tied with them assuming we lose to UNC but we have tiebreaker on VT in that scenario. I just want the highest seed possible in the acc tourney.

We need 10 wins but yes the highest seed would be best.

We need 10 wins but yes the highest seed would be best.
Yes 10 wins would lock us in since it'd be against another tourney team. Should get a win in the acc tourney but we could play Syracuse or get him who both beat us. Or maybe wake who almost beat us. Won't be easy. Unless it's Pitt.

As crazy as it sounds we still have a shot at the 3rd seed. Win out, Clemson and NC State lose 1 of their final 2 and Duke beats UNC. Crazier things have happened.

Advertisement
Yes 10 wins would lock us in since it'd be against another tourney team. Should get a win in the acc tourney but we could play Syracuse or get him who both beat us. Or maybe wake who almost beat us. Won't be easy. Unless it's Pitt.

So we aren't locked in?

So we aren't locked in?
I'm not sure. Some sites have us as a legit bubble but Lunardi has us as a 9. We were just an 8 seed before out last 2 wins so I'm not sure how we well back a seed. One more win and we shouldn't be sweating it out on selection Sunday.

I think if we all defined bubble the same, it may help.

Definition #1: If you define the bubble as all the teams who are not in the top 25 and likely won't win a conference tourney, then we're a bubble team.

Definition #2: If you define the bubble as the 16 teams who fit into this category: (1) Last Four Byes, (2) Last Four In, (3) Last Four Out, and (4) Next Four Out, then we're not a bubble team.

IMO, if we lose our last two regular season games, we're going to fit somewhere into Definition #2.

We must win one of our last two games.

Advertisement
When did this "quadrant" thing start? Never heard of it before a week ago.

I think this year. I heard Lunardi say it during our game with VT. I don't remember verbatim what he said but it was like..."no matter what this is a quadrant 1 game."

Need to hope FSU and Louisville lose. Or else, there's a scenario where we would be the last ACC team in (in other words, a bubble situation).

Advertisement
We need the following to get a double bye:
We beat VT.
Duke beats UNC.
Clemson loses to either FSU at home tomorrow or at Syracuse on Saturday.
NC State loses either at Georgia Tech Thursday or Louisville at home on Saturday.

Another scenario:
We beat VT.
Clemson loses out.
NC State loses either at Georgia Tech Thursday or Louisville at home on Saturday.

Third scenario:
We beat VT.
Duke beats UNC.
Clemson loses out.

We need the following to get a double bye:
We beat VT.
Duke beats UNC.
Clemson loses to either FSU at home tomorrow or at Syracuse on Saturday.

Another scenario:
We beat VT.
Clemson loses out.

Third scenario:
We beat VT.
Duke beats UNC.
Clemson loses out.

In the 1st scenario wouldn't we get a double bye even if Clemson won out?

UVA would be 1, Duke 2, Clemson 3, and we'd have the tiebreaker over UNC for 4.

Am I missing something?

In the 1st scenario wouldn't we get a double bye even if Clemson won out?

UVA would be 1, Duke 2, Clemson 3, and we'd have the tiebreaker over UNC for 4.

Am I missing something?

Correct. If Clemson loses out though, we would be the third seed.

Advertisement
Back