We got a bye in the ACC tournament!

Advertisement
Maybe we can just make this the ACCT Thread.

------------------------------

1. We need to win one of our final two. I don't care how, just beat one of them. 10 Wins in conference and 6-4 without Bruce would be pretty good. IMO, 10 wins gets us a 7 seed unless we totally chit the bed in the ACCT.

2. Assuming the top 4 seeds remain as they are today. I'd love to get a rematch with Clemson.

I am going to make two more predictions:

Prediction #1: A team that wins 11 games will get the 4th seed in the ACCT and this is most likely Clemson (@ FSU and Cuse)

Prediction #2: A team that wins 10 games will get the 5th seed in the ACCT and this could be anyone.

Here are the teams that can still get the 5th seed:

NCSt: FSU, @ GT and UL [they currently have 9 wins, they can get to 11]
VT: Duke and @ Miami [I doubt they can beat Duke but they will want revenge on the road against us]
UL: UVA and @ NCSt [They will unlikely beat UVA and have a tough game on the road]
FSU: @ NCSt, @ Clemson and BC [I can't see them winning two of three, remember they have 8 wins today]

-------------------------

If we beat VT and finish with 10 wins, we have the head-to-head advantage with: NCSt, VT and UL. We would be tied with FSU. Just win one of two.

We needed it. Lets face it we got lucky yesterday against BC. They beat us all day. The Chris Lykes FT's and his forcing the charge along with the out of bounds call gave LW a chance for his heroic shot.

The question is are we getting better? The bye gives coach more time to work with the new 4+5 combo's which are showing potential. Forget BB that is not happening he is still wearing the boot.

IMO we can/are getting better at the right time. We will struggle against good guard play and they only get better from now on so we really need those rebounds and free throws. 15 has to get major minutes IMO and we must keep up the tempo. At least they are fun to watch ahain

We needed it. Lets face it we got lucky yesterday against BC. They beat us all day. The Chris Lykes FT's and his forcing the charge along with the out of bounds call gave LW a chance for his heroic shot.

The question is are we getting better? The bye gives coach more time to work with the new 4+5 combo's which are showing potential. Forget BB that is not happening he is still wearing the boot.

IMO we can/are getting better at the right time. We will struggle against good guard play and they only get better from now on so we really need those rebounds and free throws. 15 has to get major minutes IMO and we must keep up the tempo. At least they are fun to watch ahain

We desperately needed that win. I'd like to see more Huell and Izundu on the court at the same time. In fact, I think we need to see more of this lineup.

PG: Lykes
SG: Walker
SF: Amp
PF: Huell
C: Izundu

I'd then like Sam to be the first sub in to relieve Huell or Izundu (whoever is struggling more).

If the other team switches to zone...

G: DJ
PF: Amp/Sam (if Amp is cold, automatically go to Sam)
C: Huell/Izundu (whoever is playing better)

Back to finishing on a strong note...

If we can win one of our final two regular season games, we'd finish winning 3 of our final 4. Get another win in the ACCT and 4 of our final 6. Not the best but not the worst. It also would be a 7-5 record without Bruce Brown. I think this gets us a 7 seed.

I also think if we can sneak a either another win (either against UNC or a second win in the ACCT), you're looking at a 6 seed.

-----------------------

It starts with winning 1 of our final 2. Get to 10 ACC wins. Get a favorable match-up and a chance (potentially) against Clemson.

Good post. Coach has hot hand options including Newt who if he gets the calls can be effective getting teams in foul trouble. Has to make the free throws his fade away has well........faded away. I agree the big lineups are a must. With Amp in there along with 15 and 20 its a really good rebounding team

Advertisement
Good post. Coach has hot hand options including Newt who if he gets the calls can be effective getting teams in foul trouble. Has to make the free throws his fade away has well........faded away. I agree the big lineups are a must. With Amp in there along with 15 and 20 its a really good rebounding team

The problem is Newton doesn’t hit FTs.

I really wish we had a vocal leader on the court.

SF: Amp
PF: Huell
C: Izundu

I really do like this lineup with SW off the bench spelling the bigs. Huell seems to tire in the first half, so keeping on top of the rotation is something I trust the staff with.

Carolina is going to be tough on the road. I'd like to win that game to get dispel the tourney doubters.

Not having BB for the ACC tourney is going to hurt.

Advertisement

Syracuse beat us though so if we lose out and they win out they would have the tie breaker, no? We did beat notre dame and they'd be tied with us too so is that why we'd be safe from 10th place or worse? Just would like the scenario. Thanks.

Okay that literally explained nothing. I've seen the standings and what the matchups would be. Need tiebreaker info.

Advertisement
I think if we go 0 for 2 and 0 for 1 in the ACCT we're still a 9 seed in NCCAT. Not much room up or down unless we make a big run in ACCT.

OK? And BC got insanely lucky to beat us at their place, so it evens out.

I agree we always have struggled with BC, at least the past 3 years. They're a tough matchup for us. When those 2 guards are on, they can play with anyone in the ACC

Advertisement
OK? And BC got insanely lucky to beat us at their place, so it evens out.

I agree we always have struggled with BC, at least the past 3 years. They're a tough matchup for us. When those 2 guards are on, they can play with anyone in the ACC

Isn't it amazing that whenever Miami makes a comeback, it's a case of them being lucky, but when teams pull off the same thing against Miami, it's a case of Miami choking or being dominated... BC should have lost in their own house to Miami, the 'Canes had it in hand for most of the 2nd half. The favor was repaid by the basketball gods in Coral Gables.

From just this century, I'd be interested in seeing who people think fits that true "leader" mold. I'll start with Shane Larkin, Jack McClinton, .
Who we got today....FSU or NC State?
So ... NC St murdered FSU tonight, winning by 20. Any impact on us?

From just this century, I'd be interested in seeing who people think fits that true "leader" mold. I'll start with Shane Larkin, Jack McClinton, .

So ... NC St murdered FSU tonight, winning by 20. Any impact on us?

NCSt has a good chance of getting the 5th seed and a decent chance to get the 4th.

Advertisement
Back