We got a bye in the ACC tournament!

BC is a nightmare matchup. But Clemson beat us before Grantham went down for the season. They've still been pretty good without him but not really the same. UNC will want revenge and it'll be really hard to beat them again in such a short span.
Agree with your analysis, getting a double bye is nice but playing BC and then Clemson might have been a better scenario.

Advertisement
BC is a nightmare matchup. But Clemson beat us before Grantham went down for the season. They've still been pretty good without him but not really the same. UNC will want revenge and it'll be really hard to beat them again in such a short span.
True, especially with them losing 2 in a row. But I really didn't want to play BC again.

Yeah well Duke just won so maybe gtech can beat BC and UNC and then play us and we get revenge on them!

They lost two in a row because they rely totally on the outside shot. The percentages don't favor you when you do that. UNC is good but not great, sort of like VT, NC State, and Clemson.

Advertisement
Pretty sure UNC will be playing the winner of Syracuse and Wake
Yes sorry all of this potential matchup talk got me confused! Syracuse beat us and wake almost came back on us late. Every team has its strengths and can beat us so whatever happens, happens. I'm just happy to have a double bye. 3 seed is amazing with what this team has gone thru this season!

How could someone possibly be scared of BC? They would have to beat two opponents before playing us. Do you how unlikely it is for them to make that game let alone win it?

-

How is anyone scared of BC?

Advertisement
Not that it matters at all right now, but I was just thinking how much impact all of this stuff has on next year's ACC-Big Ten challenge. There must have been so many possible matchups considering we could have finished anywhere from third to seventh in the league based on today's results. I think OSU finished third in the Big Ten, which is more fun than playing against Nebraska or PSU.

How could someone possibly be scared of BC? They would have to beat two opponents before playing us. Do you how unlikely it is for them to make that game let alone win it?

-

How is anyone scared of BC?
They would have had to play one opponent since we'd have only had a single bye. And they beat us and almost beat us again at home.

Advertisement
Canes are like the heat, they can play Duke or WF and it will be a close game, prepare yourselves for nailbiters to the end thisn year

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back