We finna win out

Barely winning or barely losing every week doesn’t bold well for that winning out take. Lashlee basically hold Manny career in his hands right now

Advertisement
FSU is still trash. We may not rag-doll them like last year, and I'm not convinced Manny is capable of winning by more than one score but I'm not really worried about the Noles with the way our offense is playing.

D will make Travis look like a mid-round pick but I think our O will move the ball at-will and put up at least 40.

Haven't watched much of GT or VT, but I expect dogfight's.
GT and VT are bad. You’re right about FSU being trash but they are still the best team left on the schedule.

GT and VT are bad. You’re right about FSU being trash but they are still the best team left on the schedule.
I'm so torn. I'll never root for us to lose, never. But if we win out and finish 8-4...I hope we don't backdoor our way into the ACCCG. If we somehow manage to win the conference, you can't fire Manny.

With Clemson taking a year off and the rest of the conference being absolutely mediocre at best, this was THE year to win it, but we'll likely be watching Pitt or UVA vs. Wake. Hopefully the missed opportunity is enough to send Manny packing in an 8-4 scenario.

Aren't we?

FSU will be our toughest opponent and the fact that it's at Doak has me thinking it's a coin flip.

If we win out though, Manny will undoubtedly get the chance to run it back next year and try to find the floor on his terrible defense. So great news all around.

If only our defense was a touch competent so we can stop middling ACC offenses from time to time and avoid our games from being 4 hour incompetence bonanzas our victories wouldn't be so painful to watch and instead be actually enjoyable for large parts.

Here's hoping Manny doesn't miss on a single portal target on defense because god knows HS recruits don't want anything to do with him.
I fear you are correct that Manny will be back if we win out. That may not be the worst thing in the world if we fire Blake this year and then give the new AD a chance to hire a coach once Manny soils the 2022 season. Plus, we reduce his buy out by a year.

extremely hard to win out with the D we have....O has to essentially be perfect and never have a let down game.
that's a huge ask

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami wins out. Blake’s firing announced Nov 17/18. New AD fires manny Dec/Jan. Everybody is happy.
If Miami wins out. I do agree that Blake James is still getting fired but the new AD may retain Manny for a year just to give Manny an opportunity to prove himself to the new AD. Optics will play an important part in the decisions that are made.

If Miami wins out. I do agree that Blake James is still getting fired but the new AD may retain Manny for a year just to give Manny an opportunity to prove himself to the new AD. Optics will play an important part in the decisions that are made.
This being Miami you can't ever rule out Blake and Manny getting a dual extension even if we end the season 6-6. If what you say becomes reality though, it is far from the worst thing to happen even though 90% of this board will be tearing their hair out at Manny not getting fired.

I've always said getting the AD hire right is so much more important than the HC hire. So us going 8-4 -- with what better be a bowl win or **** good showing -- and the heat cooling off Manny but staying on Blake is something I can live with. End the season on a high, salvage some sort of recruiting pitch for the immediate help we need, and not be forced to make a dual snap AD and HC hire. Instead we afford the AD the courtesy of not inheriting an absolute calamity and lets things play out with Manny while also having a full year to scout the market for his replacement.

He has 3 seasons of the same stupidity to judge him by.

Advertisement
He only played him because King needed season ending surgery.
Because King had known intangibles versus complete unknowns (in a game time situation) in TVD, Garcia, or Matocha. It’s not like many people here were clamoring for TVD; if anything fans wanted Garcia at some point. TVD has been somewhat of a revelation in gametime situations.

It’s happened in college football before.

Anyway, the point is that while Manny should be responsible for failing to recruit raw numbers at linebacker and cornerback, he also accrues the benefits of all of the good offensive players that are now seeing the field.

This is actually a sound decision vs the inverse of keeping Blake but firing the current staff

Advertisement
There’s holes everywhere in our defense with god awful blitzes from miles away. If a qb is worth his salt we’ll get lit up. It’s a seven on seven out there.
Has he even considered hiring an experienced DCoordinator? Or is he just willing to sacrifice his job and stick with his gimmick philosophy?

This is what I was worried about before the NCSU game. We ain't playing world beaters. Throw us all in a hat and draw the winners. Trash league going to make it look respectable. We going to be stuck with Manuelo.

I'm so torn. I'll never root for us to lose, never. But if we win out and finish 8-4...I hope we don't backdoor our way into the ACCCG. If we somehow manage to win the conference, you can't fire Manny.

With Clemson taking a year off and the rest of the conference being absolutely mediocre at best, this was THE year to win it, but we'll likely be watching Pitt or UVA vs. Wake. Hopefully the missed opportunity is enough to send Manny packing in an 8-4 scenario.

I doubt it will be. 8 wins and Manny comes back IMO. 7 and he might be gone.

We need to drop at least one of the next four games

Advertisement
Back