We don’t have a physical D Playbook?

MiamiChris

Freshman
Listening to the Lamar Thomas show and he had Ryan McNeal, Romberg and Our friend Earl Little on, and it was mentioned we don’t have an actual Defensive play book.

Is this true? Obviously with technology maybe it’s digital but wouldn’t you have both. Ps digital was not confirmed

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tune in to Hard Knocks... It's turn in your IPad, not turn in your playbook. Been that way in the pros for a while, so it wouldn't surprise me to learn the entire playbook is on a similar device at P5 programs by now.

If he was saying we don't have any sort of playbook, whether it's digital, on a tablet, or otherwise, then that's ******* horrible.

Listening to the Lamar Thomas show and he had Ryan McNeal, Romberg and Our friend Earl Little on, and it was mentioned we don’t have an actual Defensive play book.

Is this true? Obviously with technology maybe it’s digital but wouldn’t you have both. Ps digital was not confirmed
No. It's not true. If you mean physical as in wrote down on paper yes. But if you mean do we have a playbook with set plays etc. Yes we most certainly do. What we have is a corch who doesn't know how to adapt or refuses to in game...

No. It's not true. If you mean physical as in wrote down on paper yes. But if you mean do we have a playbook with set plays etc. Yes we most certainly do. What we have is a corch who doesn't know how to adapt or refuses to in game...
**** let me ask you a question (that whole line made me laugh a little). Do you know if teams like Alabama or Georgia have both a tablet and physical playbook?

Advertisement
I'm old school, would much prefer an actual playbook for various reasons. It's just the way I learned to read and handle things. I can't stand shopping for clothing online, but don't mind looking at catalogue. The newspaper, a physical one would be my preference. Reading an actual book, although I do use the Kindle app as well. Helping the boys do their homework and such, no thanks to that dumb IPad.

Never really thought about playbook being all digital though. The youngest is much better with paperwork schoolwork while the older is fine in either. When Covid quarantine happened, we had to get the paper version for our seven (now 8) year old, he didn't do well at all with all digital.

Differenr stroke for different folks I guess.

**** let me ask you a question (that whole line made me laugh a little). Do you know if teams like Alabama or Georgia have both a tablet and physical playbook?
I've never asked anyone. But I'd imagine it's just a tablet. I could easily be wrong though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
tbh, i would put it in a physical playbook and let them carry it around

if its on a tablet or an app for a tablet, you best believe they will get distracted from other things on that tablet

The Manny Diaz playbook:

Play 1 - Fire Zone Blitz
Play 2 - Cover 3
Play 3 - CB Blitz
Play 4 - Cover 5
Play 5 - Safety Blitz
I could see manny drawing out defensive plays in the dirt in a huddle like we did in the park for offense when I was a kid:

“Ok, you guys on the line… when their QB snaps the ball, everyone run straight ahead as fast as you can past the linemen. You guys on the outside - stick to your man. You guys in the middle, just hang around in case they throw a screen or a short pass. Safeties- Gurvan, drop deep and Bubba, count to 5 Misssissippi and rush in. Ready break!”

I could see manny drawing out defensive plays in the dirt in a huddle like we did in the park for offense when I was a kid:

“Ok, you guys on the line… when their QB snaps the ball, everyone run straight ahead as fast as you can past the linemen. You guys on the outside - stick to your man. You guys in the middle, just hang around in case they throw a screen or a short pass. Safeties- Gurvan, drop deep and Bubba, count to 5 Misssissippi and rush in. Ready break!”
@Coach Macho probably just goes nascar 3 match or some **** and has a more complex call given to his defense within two seconds

Advertisement
Back