We don’t have a physical D Playbook?

Listening to the Lamar Thomas show and he had Ryan McNeal, Romberg and Our friend Earl Little on, and it was mentioned we don’t have an actual Defensive play book.

Is this true? Obviously with technology maybe it’s digital but wouldn’t you have both. Ps digital was not confirmed
Yes. Plays drawn up in Greentree's sand.

"... Now you go out and do a button hook at this bottle cap, Jimmy does an out to this twig..."

Advertisement
Listening to the Lamar Thomas show and he had Ryan McNeal, Romberg and Our friend Earl Little on, and it was mentioned we don’t have an actual Defensive play book.

Is this true? Obviously with technology maybe it’s digital but wouldn’t you have both. Ps digital was not confirmed
This has nothing to do with D but I’ll share anyway Jim Kelly many times called sandlot plays in the huddle.

Example:

Go 15 yards I’ll pump once and break to a mid flag pattern right shoulder got it ok on staggered third hut BREAK.

I could see manny drawing out defensive plays in the dirt in a huddle like we did in the park for offense when I was a kid:

“Ok, you guys on the line… when their QB snaps the ball, everyone run straight ahead as fast as you can past the linemen. You guys on the outside - stick to your man. You guys in the middle, just hang around in case they throw a screen or a short pass. Safeties- Gurvan, drop deep and Bubba, count to 5 Misssissippi and rush in. Ready break!”
LOL there's no way Diaz is asking his CBs to play man coverage.

LOL there's no way Diaz is asking his CBs to play man coverage.
We didn’t play zone in the neighborhood park. I can change the play to “you guys on the outside, stick to your man…but not too close in case it’s a run”???

We didn’t play zone in the neighborhood park. I can change the play to “you guys on the outside, stick to your man…but not too close in case it’s a run”???
LOL, our CBs don't play the run.

"you guys outside just stand aimlessly about 8 yards away from the receiver."

Advertisement
I'm old school, would much prefer an actual playbook for various reasons. It's just the way I learned to read and handle things. I can't stand shopping for clothing online, but don't mind looking at catalogue. The newspaper, a physical one would be my preference. Reading an actual book, although I do use the Kindle app as well. Helping the boys do their homework and such, no thanks to that dumb IPad.

Never really thought about playbook being all digital though. The youngest is much better with paperwork schoolwork while the older is fine in either. When Covid quarantine happened, we had to get the paper version for our seven (now 8) year old, he didn't do well at all with all digital.

Differenr stroke for different folks I guess.
Can’t read my Bible on a phone man, there is just something about those pages. I like paper better as well. I am thankful for technology though because the iPad has helped a ton to sign PDFs and what not for my business and it’s a pad that is always there for notes instead of wondering which yellow pad I wrote what on lol because I had twenty of them.

tbh, i would put it in a physical playbook and let them carry it around

if its on a tablet or an app for a tablet, you best believe they will get distracted from other things on that tablet
They should put it on a Remarkable. It’s a e-ink tablet with no internet and it feels like paper. Can store PDFs and books as well I believe. Was going to get one but the iPad was more useful for my business on the go.

Can’t read my Bible on a phone man, there is just something about those pages. I like paper better as well. I am thankful for technology though because the iPad has helped a ton to sign PDFs and what not for my business and it’s a pad that is always there for notes instead of wondering which yellow pad I wrote what on lol because I had twenty of them.
Same here brother, the only benefit is that it's easier for me to see, getting old is tough on the eyes.

Same here brother, the only benefit is that it's easier for me to see, getting old is tough on the eyes.
I could see how that could help on a bigger iPad and being able to zoom in. I’m sure I’ll get there one day lol.

Advertisement
joe joe joe joe joe, it’s all just a big misunderstanding, is the thing.

manny thought a playbook was like a book that you play with. He got coloring books for eeryone on his D, and there’s more in the equipment room.

now he also has plays, not just books to play with. Play is when you go out there and mess around. To be good at it, you have to practice it. Because you perform like you practice. So, in practice, just quit your assignment and run at the QB. That will totally annoy your teammate who’s trying to practice across from you. It’s hilarious. Then everyone has to run over and celebrate the playa, or the staff will deduct points for bad sportsmanship from whoever isn’t in the group canoodle. Whoever runs the slowest may lose a starting position, because the sraff is timing how fast kids run to the celebration.
Anyhow, joe, you can see manny’s all over this topic.

I think we use the Atlanta defensive playbook from madden 20..could be SEA from 2021 as well

Blood is in the water..next we gonna hear Lashlee actually doesn’t have a playbook either

Advertisement
I'm quite sure no one past high school utilizes a physical playbook. Even then, wealthy schools are likely utilizing tablets as well. I dont get why our fans, despite Diaz being an incompetent idiot on his own latch on to these stupid *** rumors and clickbait clips.

Diaz doesn't use a call sheet on the sideline, which is mindboggling to me.

I heard Manny's playbook is on an Etch-A-Sketch.

happy episode 7 GIF

Advertisement
I'm quite sure no one past high school utilizes a physical playbook. Even then, wealthy schools are likely utilizing tablets as well. I dont get why our fans, despite Diaz being an incompetent idiot on his own latch on to these stupid *** rumors and clickbait clips.

Diaz doesn't use a call sheet on the sideline, which is mindboggling to me.
Does he really need a call sheet for 3 plays? lol

I could see manny drawing out defensive plays in the dirt in a huddle like we did in the park for offense when I was a kid:

“Ok, you guys on the line… when their QB snaps the ball, everyone run straight ahead as fast as you can past the linemen. You guys on the outside - stick to your man. You guys in the middle, just hang around in case they throw a screen or a short pass. Safeties- Gurvan, drop deep and Bubba, count to 5 Misssissippi and rush in. Ready break!”
Sounds reasonable. You expect more from a coach who's knowledge of football came from the playground?

I'd assume they use some form a tablet for the playbooks. If Manny were to ever make an adjustment on Defense for the week it would be easy to upload those plays to the tablets.

When I played defense, I found that my count to five was different than other peoples'.

"One...Two...threefourfive."

Advertisement
Back