We cant keep coming out flat in the first half.

TerragonSix

Itsa Me, Mario!
Its seems fairly clear that we are a team of two halves. Against Bethune. Against Duke. Against FSU. Against GT.

First half, especially on offense, the team seems to play, 'Almost, not quite'. Mental mistakes between the Oline, Rosier, and the WR's combine together to make us miss opputtunities in the first half of the game.

I'm not bashing the team. Far from it. Matter of fact, these kids seem to be made of sterner stuff than I've seen from our guys in YEARS. Say what you want about Diaz being overly aggressive, but at least the man plays to our strengths, rather than gap contain and read/react.

But we cannot continue to play only one half of football. That will come up to bite us in the *** down the road, and in this game and FSU, it almost did.

Yes, good win for the team and all that. These guys earned every bit of it today.

Matter of fact, I'm trucking for a few more weeks, SPECIFICALLY to come home and take my stepfather to out first game together at Hard Rock to watch the Canes vs. Notre Dame as an early surprise Christmas present.

I'll be wearing a jersey that I bought in '08, and he has one he has kept since 1985.

We hope to see you all there. :)

PS - Good seats at hard rock?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Not just that, but the play calling within the 5 yard line is atrocious. We have a QB that can run, but we turn him into a statue down there. If he even pretends to run, it helps free up receivers. We have a LOT that needs to be fixed. We come out with no sense of urgency, and the play calling simply isn't allowing us to get into a groove. We should come out in a hurry up and attack all game long, because like you say, playing one good half of football WILL bite us in the butt this year. We are a good team, but not THAT good.

Gotta say, the MVP of the game today was the rain. Everything changed when that torrential downpour came. Huge win. Great win.

Advertisement
I don’t really think we are coming out flat. We have inconsistent play at QB. Malek has to settle in earlier.

Rosier got to get his shît together early in these games. That shît aint gone fly vs bud in a few weeks.

I feel like Manny creates some ridiculous gameplans and over thinks schemes and then adjusts to what we do great in the 2nd half.

252cane is losing his mind. He's ****ed we're 5-0. Dude has done nothing but bash this team and us continuing to win is making him miserable.

As long as we win, I don't care how we do it

Advertisement
We need more creativity on offense. Speed sweeps, misdirection, screens. We stall because it's the same basic plays drive after drive

If Rosier could stop being completely *** the first half of games we'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I agree. Early in the game I feel we should call plays moreso to get Rosier going. When he’s on, he’s on. I think we need more route variation and to include Herndon more, early in games. I think Rosier has shown when in a conservative game managing mode, he’s limited. We may just had to live with the mistakes he makes as we open it up because that’s when he’s had his success in second half’s this year.

Advertisement
Malek is to streaky. He has to settle down. Give him screens and run the ball. We are putting to much pressure on him the first half of games.

252cane is losing his mind. He's ****ed we're 5-0. Dude has done nothing but bash this team and us continuing to win is making him miserable.

As long as we win, I don't care how we do it

Bîtch eat a bag of aid dîcks. Show one post where i bashed this team or rosier. Fück out of here.

It all goes back to CMR. We lose almost every 1st down. We typically get anywhere from -2 to +2. 1st down is so critical and this hasn't been improved going back to CMRs first game. He's had 2 different QBs and the same result every 1st play of the drive.

We still don't utilize the middle and 3rd down vertical **** has to end. We should of blown this team out. Red zone play calling is still a joke. The offense is holding us back. That's on The offensive staff. Needs to be fixed.

Advertisement
As much hate that diaz has gotten, rightfully so on many issues, the defense has kept us in every game while our O finds its legs. Defense held GT to 3 points in the 2nd half

I'm convinced some of you aren't Miami fans, there's no way. And I'm not just talking about the obvious trolls either.

Rosier is streaky as we all know.

So give him some screens short passes that are easily completed to get him in rythum..throwing fly patters and 30 outs doesn’t do much to put you in any kind of rythum...I put this on richt..

Advertisement
Back