We beat UNC .. 3 straight... We can beat FSU

I don't know what game you guys were watching but first half I saw a few wrinkles in the defense but nothing crazy. The guys did play better defensively no doubt about that, for the first half.
Tell me about the start of the second half, I get it we caused turnovers but Vtech ran right through our defense, the play calls defensively were the exact same as always before. Look at the stats from 1st half and 2nd half it was awful. I'm not convinced yet at all. Stop the run first then worry about the pass, seems the coaches have it the other way around.

Advertisement
The fans need to stay focused. Remember it's 12 one-game seasons. No way we beat this scorching hot UNC team if the fans are already focused on fsu.

We can easily slip up against UNC and ruin a miracle season if we get too focused on the beating we're going to hand that pretender fsu.

I don't know what game you guys were watching but first half I saw a few wrinkles in the defense but nothing crazy. The guys did play better defensively no doubt about that, for the first half.
Tell me about the start of the second half, I get it we caused turnovers but Vtech ran right through our defense, the play calls defensively were the exact same as always before. Look at the stats from 1st half and 2nd half it was awful. I'm not convinced yet at all. Stop the run first then worry about the pass, seems the coaches have it the other way around.
Those guys are on scholarship too. That's a good group over there with a lot of pride. They came out for the second half breathing fire like we knew they would. We met the challenge, weathered the storm, and took the ball away from them like we were toying with them.

Those guys are on scholarship too. That's a good group over there with a lot of pride. They came out for the second half breathing fire like we knew they would. We met the challenge, weathered the storm, and took the ball away from them like we were toying with them.

I get that and I put that into perspective, but the issue was the fact of the way they played. First half aggressive downhill, 2nd half they were catching and that Dline was getting pushed off the ball hard.
I get it, at the college level its more about motivation then anything but I'd for once just like to see consistency and then as arm chair fans we can properly evaluate. IIf we were consistent we'd know what type of team we are defensively, and that's all I wanna see, if we suck on defense so be it, if were medicore, good amazing, whatever, just be consistent.
Offensively, you saw that consistency that game, and all game from the first snap to the last one, due to play calling, it didn't matter the down and distance. Coley who I was extremely impressed with his game plan, outside of a few calls but that goes with every OC, he had a scripted game plan, stuck with it and did it ever show. Those 2-4 yards runs in the first half turned into 8-12 yards run in the 2nd half and didn't matter who was in the backfield they were padding them stats.
Many have said it before but we're seeing Coley grow as an OC before our eyes, and I'm impressed, he's getting good and learning and becoming legitimately a good play-caller and not a liability and just a bad *** recruiter.

Not even thinking about FSU. If Golden has really turned the corner as a HC, we'll see it against UNC. He lost the fan base at GT. If that game was a win, most people would believe he turned the corner. For me, he needs to beat UNC, UVA, and Pitt and play a hard fought war against FSU, win the bowl and shuffle the defensive staff. He does that I'm back on the bandwagon.

Advertisement
Not even thinking about FSU. If Golden has really turned the corner as a HC, we'll see it against UNC. He lost the fan base at GT. If that game was a win, most people would believe he turned the corner. For me, he needs to beat UNC, UVA, and Pitt and play a hard fought war against FSU, win the bowl and shuffle the defensive staff. He does that I'm back on the bandwagon.

This is exactly what needs to happen

That makes no sense. So if he finished 5-3 in the ACC (what you're suggesting above), that would mean the following:

1. 18-14 Overall Record Against the ACC

2. 0-4 Overall Record Against FSU

3. O Coastal Champs in 4 years

4. 3 straight seasons at 5-3 (ACC)

The problem is the underlined part. One cannot repeat the same record 3 years straight, 4 losses to FSU and 0 Coastal Champs and then believe/say the following If Golden has really turned the corner as a HC, we'll see it against UNC.

Turning the corner would imply the following:

1. Actual Improvement in the ACC (6-2, 7-1 or 8-0)

2. Winning the Coastal,

3. 10 or more wins before the Bowl Game, and

4. Beating FSU

Side note: There are no moral victories. A hard fought war against FSU does nothing for our actual win column and moral victories are not considered in the outcome of the Coastal.

Advertisement

I get that and I put that into perspective, but the issue was the fact of the way they played. First half aggressive downhill, 2nd half they were catching and that Dline was getting pushed off the ball hard.
I get it, at the college level its more about motivation then anything but I'd for once just like to see consistency and then as arm chair fans we can properly evaluate. IIf we were consistent we'd know what type of team we are defensively, and that's all I wanna see, if we suck on defense so be it, if were medicore, good amazing, whatever, just be consistent.
Offensively, you saw that consistency that game, and all game from the first snap to the last one, due to play calling, it didn't matter the down and distance. Coley who I was extremely impressed with his game plan, outside of a few calls but that goes with every OC, he had a scripted game plan, stuck with it and did it ever show. Those 2-4 yards runs in the first half turned into 8-12 yards run in the 2nd half and didn't matter who was in the backfield they were padding them stats.
Many have said it before but we're seeing Coley grow as an OC before our eyes, and I'm impressed, he's getting good and learning and becoming legitimately a good play-caller and not a liability and just a bad *** recruiter.

franchise's post rocketed right over your head.

UNC W
FSU W
@UVA W
Pitt W

tumblr_n0i005drPi1sq0upuo1_400.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

That makes no sense. So if he finished 5-3 in the ACC (what you're suggesting above), that would mean the following:

1. 18-14 Overall Record Against the ACC

2. 0-4 Overall Record Against FSU

3. O Coastal Champs in 4 years

4. 3 straight seasons at 5-3 (ACC)

The problem is the underlined part. One cannot repeat the same record 3 years straight, 4 losses to FSU and 0 Coastal Champs and then believe/say the following If Golden has really turned the corner as a HC, we'll see it against UNC.

Turning the corner would imply the following:

1. Actual Improvement in the ACC (6-2, 7-1 or 8-0)

2. Winning the Coastal,

3. 10 or more wins before the Bowl Game, and

4. Beating FSU

Side note: There are no moral victories. A hard fought war against FSU does nothing for our actual win column and moral victories are not considered in the outcome of the Coastal.

Who was the last coach here to finish the season 6-1? If we finish 6-1 and he shuffles the defensive staff, I am back on board. Do I think it will happen, no I don't.

Who was the last coach here to finish the season 6-1? If we finish 6-1 and he shuffles the defensive staff, I am back on board. Do I think it will happen, no I don't.

Why is finishing the season 6-1 an accomplishment? Why is shuffling the defensive staff after 4 seasons a sign of good things to come? Do you want a coach that needs 4 FULL SEASONS (after obvious signs much sooner) to make changes?

Advertisement
Back