We beat UNC .. 3 straight... We can beat FSU

Advertisement
We changed our defense. I watched the VT game 14 times, and I saw things I've never seen before. We're going to beat FSU.

We changed our defense. I watched the VT game 14 times, and I saw things I've never seen before. We're going to beat FSU.

6566062739_b903cddd11_o.jpg

Advertisement
This thread is a classic. Go back and watch the GT and Nebraska games. When you're done vomiting, re-assess your predictions for FSU. They might score 50.

James Coley will have a personal say in the FSU matchup. I like THAT subplot. BUT FIRST WE NEED TO WIN THIS WEEK!

lol same **** different season. Beat a mediocre team, everyone thinks we've turned a corner only to be let down again. Until the coaching staff proves otherwise i refuse to believe we can beat any team with equal talent.

Advertisement
the kool-aid is too good isn't it? last yr we started 7-0...fielded a top 30 defense and everything was peaches and cream, then FSU happened and the remainder of the schedule and we quickly dropped to 89th in the nation in defense. we do this after every dang victory. we beat a very, VERY bad VT team. Until we dominate a good team, let's say UNC who's defense is atrocious but they put points on the board, I refuse to drink the purple stuff.

I think we will make it into the playoffs. No way the voters deny us after winning two in a row against two great teams like Cincy and VT.

Advertisement
This thread is a classic. Go back and watch the GT and Nebraska games. When you're done vomiting, re-assess your predictions for FSU. They score 50.

Apples and oranges. The Nebraska and Georgia Tech losses had one thing in common. They both showed that our front 7 struggles mightily against prolific rushing offenses. FSU's rushing attack is hardly prolific at 103rd in the nation.Now the FSU passing offense is a different story.

Not a slurper by any stretch. Just pointing out some facts. I want Golden gone but I can't lie. I get the same weird feeling about the FSU game that Dhucks and James Jacksons brother have. I get the feeling we are going to upset them and ruin their season which in turn prolongs our Golden misery.

Last edited:
Advertisement
After watching the VT game 3 times now, I have analyzed it enough to realize that the showing wasn't just VT being terrible. For one, Coley is getting better as an OC and realizing the team's strengths and just becoming a better OC overall. There isn't really much denying the offense has continued to improve. If we can keep it up and the 3rd down woes become a thing of the past, then the offense will continue to light it up and there is no reason why they shouldn't.

Now on the defensive side of things, a lot of things were different. The scheme overall was the same, but there were plenty of adjustments that made it work the way it did. One is the fact that the linebackers were a couple of yards closer to the ball at all times than previously all year. This allowed our guys to meet the ball at the LOS and not 3 yards past it. Also, the LBs were reacting much quicker to plays and I don't know if they were playing more one gap assignment or what, but they were the quickest they have been all year and that applies for the o-line too. Again, that is pure mental decisions and VT being bad has no barring on that aspect. So there is true improvement there.

Also, we were matching personnel more often and not just sticking with the same base all game long. VT and Brewer looked terrible, but when I watched the game over a few times, I noticed a lot of that had to do with Miami. The secondary was much better. There were plenty of times they were playing physical and were trusted to hold on one on one and more times than not they did.

It was also nice seeing safeties coming in to support the run defense. The box was being loaded at correct times finally and it paid off every time. The blitzes were also very nice and called at perfect times and were successful nearly all night.

Basically, the defense was the absolute best it has been under Golden yet. Bad team or not, there were plenty of things improved tremendously that the competition level has no affect on. That is what gives me hope again. If the defense continues that against UNC, then I truly think we have a shot against FSU. And if we do play FSU close or even beat them, then we should also win out, and if that happens, I am all in.

I realize I will get negged and whatnot from some posters here, but I can handle that. After watching nearly every game multiple times and really analyzing the team over and over, I am very confident in the fact that something changed with the coaches and team altogether and something just clicked. I don't know if they went with more 1 gap defense, told the d-line to just wreak havoc, or what, but the scheme was not changed a whole lot, but there were some noticeable changes that had huge affects on the game and they are big enough changes that if they carry on for the rest of the year and into the future seasons, the defense will continue to impress.

{\
nobody-got-time-for-that+reading+long+posts+aint+nobody+got+time+for+that.jpg

Then why even go on a discussion board if you can't handle reading anything longer than a few sentences?

Because reading long posts that are analysis on CIS is like reading the Old Man and the Sea if Hemingway had Down Syndrome.

Hoping FSU survives Louisville Thursday night. We will have 2 weeks to prepare for Crablegs:

Saturday Night Oct 15, a full house and the DUKE. Last year Duke had 90 yds in mid third quarter on a tougher FSU defense. If we beat UNC I will rest Duke the entire 2 weeks, no contact, and give the boy the rock the entire game. By the end he seals his greatness at the U and millions of dollars. Fourteen days from now, Golden can secure his job for remainder of his contract. Any thoughts?????

We have a QB this year. That is a huge difference. Duke promised his mother he would beat noles. That is good thing. Noles are not as good as last year. That is a good thing. Our players are good enough to beat the noles. That is a good thing. The problem is, our coaching staff is the same and they suck. We might win the first half but Dumbo will do something Al appears to be incapable of, he will make adjustments. Al will then flay around waving his arms preparing his excuses of why it was the players fault. Al might secure next year by beating fswho, but only a NC next year will get him to end of contract. Even then, I will be pulling for him to land NFL job. His blaming the players all the time is just too much for me to overlook. All that said, we can beat FSU, and if both coaching staffs stay home, we would will.

What about UNC? Al will deny any changes were made. "Players just played better." Al has a defense he believes in and the one against VT was not it. Not the first time he change his horrible defense to save his job for a week. Then his dna takes over and he reverts to his default. Al needs one week contracts. UNC is dangerous because Al is comfortable after VT. Defense we go back to normal Al bend over style-- maybe it is leftover from the psu showers. I hope you are right and I think we can beat fsu. But I do not believe Al will change.

Advertisement
Back