We beat UNC .. 3 straight... We can beat FSU

Caneibal

Redshirt Freshman
Hoping FSU survives Louisville Thursday night. We will have 2 weeks to prepare for Crablegs:

Saturday Night Oct 15, a full house and the DUKE. Last year Duke had 90 yds in mid third quarter on a tougher FSU defense. If we beat UNC I will rest Duke the entire 2 weeks, no contact, and give the boy the rock the entire game. By the end he seals his greatness at the U and millions of dollars. Fourteen days from now, Golden can secure his job for remainder of his contract. Any thoughts?????

Advertisement
I'm not worried about fsu defense I think we'll put points up. Question is how much will they score on us? I'm telling you guys I got a feeling we're gonna ruin fsu season. And I don't know why I just got that feeling.

Hoping FSU survives Louisville Thursday night. We will have 2 weeks to prepare for Crablegs:

Saturday Night Oct 15, a full house and the DUKE. Last year Duke had 90 yds in mid third quarter on a tougher FSU defense. If we beat UNC I will rest Duke the entire 2 weeks, no contact, and give the boy the rock the entire game. By the end he seals his greatness at the U and millions of dollars. Fourteen days from now, Golden can secure his job for remainder of his contract. Any thoughts?????

giphy.gif

Advertisement
I'm not worried about fsu defense I think we'll put points up. Question is how much will they score on us? I'm telling you guys I got a feeling we're gonna ruin fsu season. And I don't know why I just got that feeling.

I agree we should be able to put some points up on FSU's defense, but FSU's offense isn't highly rated either. Around 50th in the country, with a downright anemic rushing attack. The key IMHO will be how well our o-line performs against their front 7. Keep them in check, and I think our guys can play with them despite our coaching liabilities.

I'm in the crowd of us beating FSU. I have the same feeling JJ's bro has.

After watching the VT game 3 times now, I have analyzed it enough to realize that the showing wasn't just VT being terrible. For one, Coley is getting better as an OC and realizing the team's strengths and just becoming a better OC overall. There isn't really much denying the offense has continued to improve. If we can keep it up and the 3rd down woes become a thing of the past, then the offense will continue to light it up and there is no reason why they shouldn't.

Now on the defensive side of things, a lot of things were different. The scheme overall was the same, but there were plenty of adjustments that made it work the way it did. One is the fact that the linebackers were a couple of yards closer to the ball at all times than previously all year. This allowed our guys to meet the ball at the LOS and not 3 yards past it. Also, the LBs were reacting much quicker to plays and I don't know if they were playing more one gap assignment or what, but they were the quickest they have been all year and that applies for the o-line too. Again, that is pure mental decisions and VT being bad has no barring on that aspect. So there is true improvement there.

Also, we were matching personnel more often and not just sticking with the same base all game long. VT and Brewer looked terrible, but when I watched the game over a few times, I noticed a lot of that had to do with Miami. The secondary was much better. There were plenty of times they were playing physical and were trusted to hold on one on one and more times than not they did.

It was also nice seeing safeties coming in to support the run defense. The box was being loaded at correct times finally and it paid off every time. The blitzes were also very nice and called at perfect times and were successful nearly all night.

Basically, the defense was the absolute best it has been under Golden yet. Bad team or not, there were plenty of things improved tremendously that the competition level has no affect on. That is what gives me hope again. If the defense continues that against UNC, then I truly think we have a shot against FSU. And if we do play FSU close or even beat them, then we should also win out, and if that happens, I am all in.

I realize I will get negged and whatnot from some posters here, but I can handle that. After watching nearly every game multiple times and really analyzing the team over and over, I am very confident in the fact that something changed with the coaches and team altogether and something just clicked. I don't know if they went with more 1 gap defense, told the d-line to just wreak havoc, or what, but the scheme was not changed a whole lot, but there were some noticeable changes that had huge affects on the game and they are big enough changes that if they carry on for the rest of the year and into the future seasons, the defense will continue to impress.

Last edited:
If Duke wins out they win the Coastal again. Their odds of winning out are better than ours.

Advertisement
Corner turnt. First win at Blacksburg in 10 years.

We're beating fsu twice this year! We're about to go on an epic roll!

After watching the VT game 3 times now, I have analyzed it enough to realize that the showing wasn't just VT being terrible. For one, Coley is getting better as an OC and realizing the team's strengths and just becoming a better OC overall. There isn't really much denying the offense has continued to improve. If we can keep it up and the 3rd down woes become a thing of the past, then the offense will continue to light it up and there is no reason why they shouldn't.

Now on the defensive side of things, a lot of things were different. The scheme overall was the same, but there were plenty of adjustments that made it work the way it did. One is the fact that the linebackers were a couple of yards closer to the ball at all times than previously all year. This allowed our guys to meet the ball at the LOS and not 3 yards past it. Also, the LBs were reacting much quicker to plays and I don't know if they were playing more one gap assignment or what, but they were the quickest they have been all year and that applies for the o-line too. Again, that is pure mental decisions and VT being bad has no barring on that aspect. So there is true improvement there.

Also, we were matching personnel more often and not just sticking with the same base all game long. VT and Brewer looked terrible, but when I watched the game over a few times, I noticed a lot of that had to do with Miami. The secondary was much better. There were plenty of times they were playing physical and were trusted to hold on one on one and more times than not they did.

It was also nice seeing safeties coming in to support the run defense. The box was being loaded at correct times finally and it paid off every time. The blitzes were also very nice and called at perfect times and were successful nearly all night.

Basically, the defense was the absolute best it has been under Golden yet. Bad team or not, there were plenty of things improved tremendously that the competition level has no affect on. That is what gives me hope again. If the defense continues that against UNC, then I truly think we have a shot against FSU. And if we do play FSU close or even beat them, then we should also win out, and if that happens, I am all in.

I realize I will get negged and whatnot from some posters here, but I can handle that. After watching nearly every game multiple times and really analyzing the team over and over, I am very confident in the fact that something changed with the coaches and team altogether and something just clicked. I don't know if they went with more 1 gap defense, told the d-line to just wreak havoc, or what, but the scheme was not changed a whole lot, but there were some noticeable changes that had huge affects on the game and they are big enough changes that if they carry on for the rest of the year and into the future seasons, the defense will continue to impress.

Greene and Rudolph will terrorize our secondary...

Advertisement

{\
nobody-got-time-for-that+reading+long+posts+aint+nobody+got+time+for+that.jpg

Advertisement
I'm flying across the country to watch the game. I have a feeling we will play our best game this season and be very competitive. We may even win this game if our OL plays very well and opens holes for Duke and Edwards. I know Duke will play lights out.
One thing I noticed during VT game that many talked about here. Our defensive players played with aggression, passion and determination that I haven't seen for long time. Hard hitting, stripping the ball, etc... I don't know if the scheme changed, but I can tell our players played like old Miami defensive players.

View attachment 26810

LMao...so wrong

{\
nobody-got-time-for-that+reading+long+posts+aint+nobody+got+time+for+that.jpg

Then why even go on a discussion board if you can't handle reading anything longer than a few sentences?

Advertisement
Back