We aware we just gave 800k to a bball player?

Advertisement
We have financial angels dropping legal bags for our athletic programs and our fan base questions and/or complains about it. Only us :rolleyes:

On a sorta separate note; baseball will undoubtedly be a major beneficiary sooner than later. And pretty sure I saw somewhere that they're also trying to get a softball program off the ground. Our athletic programs are finally going to be big time all around. I'm here for it.

We have financial angels dropping legal bags for our athletic programs and our fan base questions and/or complains about it. Only us :rolleyes:

On a sorta separate note; baseball will undoubtedly be a major beneficiary sooner than later. And pretty sure I saw somewhere that they're also trying to get a softball program off the ground. Our athletic programs are finally going to be big time all around. I'm here for it.
You make an excellent point about baseball not only because of Ruiz's kid's connection but with how the sport is structured on the collegiate level.

NIL money would more than easily eliminate essentially an unequal playing field with the amount of scholarships available and the disparity in public vs private school tuition.

I do think that was leaned on a little too much in the past as an excuse for some of our mediocrity in the sport but it still would be nice to try to eliminate it as an issue at all.

Advertisement
Also keep in mind in bball you have 5 starters unlike football with 22 plus kicker/punter/etc so makes sense to pay more per player (aside from QB)

It's going to be a great party . . . . until the money runs out.

From what I've observed how the big boys do things, money only runs out when the HC/manager falls in disfavor. Then it gets diverted to buyouts and new hires. Hope we can relax some on the end of days pessimism since I know we're not used to this.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You know why certain banner ads pop up…right
If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity
Happy Tom Hanks GIF by Laff

I'd probably say you're either doing pretty good (or maybe pretty bad) if THAT is what annoys you on the Twitter machine.

The reason he tags them is because he wants their social media imprint to grow too when one of his tweets blows up. It's not necessarily just (or even necessarily) because he's trying to be a good dad or something like that but because they work for him and tweet about the businesses. The larger audience for their posts = more exposure for his business.

We need to stop viewing Ruiz like Shapiro or even a normal booster and start viewing him as a guy in a business relationship with these kids. THIS stuff is part of the "return" on his money. And it's possible the guy has committed around $5 mil so far on NIL deals so I personally don't care what da fugg he does on social media. Do moarrrr....just keep that (Life)wallet wide open like Candi Fisher's legs!
I get it. Well, sort of (I don’t have any understanding of back-end Twitter algorithms). But it’s every single tweet.

And the kids don’t tag him, so my guess is the reason for him doing it is similar to my mother using 127 emojis in every Instagram comment she makes. He is old and doesn’t know any better.

Advertisement
Yes and this is great news. Can’t wait for the bags to drop on top FB prospects in similar proportion. Think a stellar emerging QB looking for the bag, better coaching, and a bigger school to shine at.

Whatever happened to that proposed state law trying to allow the schools to directly participate in the NIL coordination above board?

I get it. Well, sort of (I don’t have any understanding of back-end Twitter algorithms). But it’s every single tweet.

And the kids don’t tag him, so my guess is the reason for him doing it is similar to my mother using 127 emojis in every Instagram comment she makes. He is old and doesn’t know any better.
I think it's important for you to get to the bottom of this

I love it. The way i look at is is, If Ruiz is willing to shell out that kind of $ for a bball player, imagine the deals they’ll cook up for 5 star football recruits.

Advertisement
This can’t end well.

Never heard of the kid.

Again. Where is the return for Ruiz?
“We” didn’t do anything lol. Some guy with a lot of money (which may or may not be tangible) is promising it to people. None of us have any info on the end game. Very Nevin-like, but I’m just worried about the players. I hope they get everything that was promised to them. It’s Ruiz’s choice how he wants to spend it, I just hope it goes to the hands expecting it.

What did Ruiz give TVD for life wallet? Some of our current players going to be looking at him sideways for not getting 400k a year.

Advertisement
Back