We are underrated

Well since you love stats so much, their D is top 10 this season even with starters out. Guess that’s why you weren’t discussing those.
Blanket saying they are a top 10 D doesnt have nothing to do with what i was critiquing of them. I never mentioned their pass offense, i never mentioned their pass defense, or ours. I never spoke about any of their defensive numbers. I watched when they rushed with 4 players, not when they blitz, 4. I mentioned their rushing because we have 3 different RBs, u keep on mentioning Ettiene being sparingly used, they have 110 attempts and we have 119. That is to highlight the OL opening holes, not just one player. It went over your head, its OK.

Advertisement
A team is not only defined by who they play, thats a ESPN BCS mentality. We played bad teams and destroyed them. And im not talking about rankings or polls. I mentioned it multiple times in this thread. Im talking about the whole mentality of " we should keep it close, losing by 10 or 1 score is a plus etc". We are gonna go toe to toe with them, they can win and we can win. Based off what i watched thats my opinion of the game. Thats not counting turnovers and other unknowns

I mean same can be said of Clemson. Wake, Citadel and Virginia isnt anything to be happy about. We should be glad because we got to see a glimpse of what the offense will be and some fans even questioned that after the first game. We have an offensive coordinator so we should be excited to shock the world.
Yeah but they have long track record and proven winning culture behind them. Us? we still have to prove we belong.

Yeah but they have long track record and proven winning culture behind them. Us? we still have to prove we belong.
Man! New year, new team! Why be a fan if you continue to doubt things. Why even comment. I dislike miami fair weather fans! If you understand football this isnt the four yrs ago Clemson. Get over it!

Advertisement
We’re ranked 7th.
Our QB is in the Heisman race.
We were the team chosen to kick off P5 play this year.
We’re playing in our 4th prime time game.
We have 3 straight College Gameday appearances.
All off a 6-7 season.

On the other hand, our opponent hasn’t lost a regular season game in 3 seasons but we’re “underrated” by not being the favorites. Ridiculous logic. All of you saying “they’re not even that good” are the ones underrating a team.

Nobody thinks we should be the favorite but we opened up as 17 point underdogs.. do you think this year's Clemson team is 17 points better than us?

A team is not only defined by who they play, thats a ESPN BCS mentality. We played bad teams and destroyed them. And im not talking about rankings or polls. I mentioned it multiple times in this thread. Im talking about the whole mentality of " we should keep it close, losing by 10 or 1 score is a plus etc". We are gonna go toe to toe with them, they can win and we can win. Based off what i watched thats my opinion of the game. Thats not counting turnovers and other unknowns

This ^^ and that's all we can ask for as Canes fans

Blanket saying they are a top 10 D doesnt have nothing to do with what i was critiquing of them. I never mentioned their pass offense, i never mentioned their pass defense, or ours. I never spoke about any of their defensive numbers. I watched when they rushed with 4 players, not when they blitz, 4. I mentioned their rushing because we have 3 different RBs, u keep on mentioning Ettiene being sparingly used, they have 110 attempts and we have 119. That is to highlight the OL opening holes, not just one player. It went over your head, its OK.
So they rush 4 and still have a top 10 D. 2 of the 4 aren’t even starters? Interesting.

I started looking at the teams stats and the game film and two things stand out to me. They are both good for us. The first thing is how little pressure Clemson gets when they rush just 4 players. WF and Virginia QBs both had alot of time to throw even on obvious passing downs. Wake Forest got dominated pretty good but they still had 293 yards passing on them. That's gonna put them in a bind because i think Venables would like to play alot of zone against us but if there is no pressure the zones become really big. I think we have a big edge here. We can definitely create more pressure with just 4 players than they do.

The second thing that i look at is, Clemson running game is actually pretty average. Forget what they did last year. This year against Citadel, WF and UVA they have 110 rushing attempts, 484 yards, 4.4 yard per carry and 161 yard per game. Compare that to us, we have 119 attempts 697 yards, 5.86 yard per carry and 232 yards per game. We keep talking about stopping Ettiene, they have to stop us as well and we have 3 RBs. UVA actually outrushed Clemson 147 to 137. They only had 4.0 yards per carry V WF and 4.4 v UVA.

What Kelvin Harris was saying on that podcast with Manny Navarro is not actually not far fetched. If you forget that Clemson has won 2 of the last 4 titles and they been in the playoffs for 5 years and focus on this season and what they are doing now I think our offense is operating better than theirs, Playoff level and their defense has come down to play closer to ours Above average to good not great. Think about this, FL offense that's been lighting people up through 2 games, averages less than us in total offense, we have 499 ypg and they have 495 ypg. Our total offense is just 13 yards per game less than OU. I'm sold now, we win this game. I thought last week they would win 38-28 and i just use they are Clemson reasoning, now I think we win it , just flip the score in our favor 38-28.

I think because of what we have had to go through for so long we are not recognizing where our team is.
As I tried to tell you, this wouldn’t age well...

Advertisement
I don't have to wait till we do it against solid defense. Teams are different every year. We are not playing Clemson from last 5 years. Clemson has 4 new players on their OL and other new players. Its same thing I'm arguing against in the post. I'm looking at what i seen from both teams, not what they did in 2019, 2018, or 2017. I'm not looking at just stats, im watching their game film too.
giphy.gif

Eat crow, buddy.

Clemson gave up basically 300 yards passing to WF. I mentioned things I saw in both sides of the ball if u would actually read. WF and UVA had plenty time to throw. UVA out rushed them. UVA lost by 18 points having thrown 2 picks of Clemson side of the field, 1 in the endzone. I don't see Trench bully Clemson on either side of the ball. That is how they have dominated the ACC and able to go toe to toe with other playoff teams.That is outside of playcalling or last year or turnovers. We are looking at games to see what teams have done THIS season to see what can be predictive for future games. There u go.
giphy.gif

bf9.gif

Advertisement
Ppl who would rather be right than win. Weird.
I would rather be wrong and win. When people are rude calling others clueless and claim they need to watch more games, this is their crow to eat. People should be able debate and disagree.

Advertisement
Back