We are now a homecoming opponent. Great work!

Advertisement
Advertisement
UM is the wounded wildebeest to Jimbo's hungry lion. I think this sad spectacle of bullying says more about Jimbo than it does UM.

21 decommitted prospects in a year
Letting bottom dweller programs get "we smashed miami" on their resume, all while having kids with 1st round talent make it to the league despite that
Being your biggest rival's homecoming game

Golden honestly is just a team player, lets everyone feel good about their selves. Need more coaches like this in sports today really. Everyone's a winner!

Advertisement
I think the Canes win this one but still only manage 7 wins this year. That way when Golden is fired and rehired, he can keep pointing to that one big win on his resume to another poor fan base.

FSU is retiring Marvin Jones' number before our game with them on October 10, 2015. This is certainly a tribute to the quality of our program at this point.

FSU to retire former LB Marvin Jones' No. 55 jersey

FSU's homecoming game is against NC State this year. Not sure what the big deal is with them retiring Jone's number before our game with them given that we are their biggest home game this year (bigger crowd to honor him). But whine away about made up nonsense anyway.

FSU is retiring Marvin Jones' number before our game with them on October 10, 2015. This is certainly a tribute to the quality of our program at this point.

FSU's homecoming game is against NC State this year. Not sure what the big deal is with them retiring Jone's number before our game with them given that we are their biggest home game this year (bigger crowd to honor him). But whine away about made up nonsense anyway.

No whining, friend. I'm simply pointing out that, in FSU's brass' minds, we are no longer a threat to beat them as they wouldn't bestow an honor like this on one of their all-time great players at a game that they didn't think that they are going to win. Keep on keeping on, sir.

No whining, friend. I'm simply pointing out that, in FSU's brass' minds, we are no longer a threat to beat them as they wouldn't bestow an honor like this on one of their all-time great players at a game that they didn't think that they are going to win. Keep on keeping on, sir.

No, teams bestow honors on their players in front of the biggest crowds they can get. Far more of an honor than doing it in front of a half-sized crowd against a lower team. Marvin Jones also played during the heyday of our rivalry, so it makes sense to honor him at the biggest home game of the year. But you can manage to turn anything into something to whine about.

Advertisement

No, teams bestow honors on their players in front of the biggest crowds they can get. Far more of an honor than doing it in front of a half-sized crowd against a lower team. Marvin Jones also played during the heyday of our rivalry, so it makes sense to honor him at the biggest home game of the year. But you can manage to turn anything into something to whine about.

Here are Florida State's home attendance figures from last year:

September 6 7:30 p.m. The Citadel* #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL RSN W 37–12 81,294
September 20 8:00 p.m. [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 2[/URL] Clemson #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL (Rivalry) ABC W 23–17 OT 82,316
October 4 3:30 p.m. Wake Forest #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL ABC W 43–3 82,327
October 18 8:00 p.m. #5 Notre Dame* #2 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL ABC W 31–27 82,431
November 8 6:30 p.m. Virginia #2 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL (Jefferson–Eppes Trophy) ESPN W 34–20 82,325
November 22 3:30 p.m. Boston College #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL ABC/ESPN2 W 20–17 82,300
November 29 3:30 p.m. Florida* #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL (Rivalry) ESPN W 24–19 82,485

Unlike UM, the quality of Florida State's opponent didn't have much of an impact on their home attendance. I'm confident that the extra 185 people who might go to see FSU pummel an attenuated UM team didn't sway their decision about in which game to bestow this honor. Keep trying, good sir.

September 6 7:30 p.m. The Citadel* #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL RSN W 37–12 81,294
September 20 8:00 p.m. [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 2[/URL] Clemson #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL (Rivalry) ABC W 23–17 OT 82,316
October 4 3:30 p.m. Wake Forest #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL ABC W 43–3 82,327
October 18 8:00 p.m. #5 Notre Dame* #2 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL ABC W 31–27 82,431
November 8 6:30 p.m. Virginia #2 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL (Jefferson–Eppes Trophy) ESPN W 34–20 82,325
November 22 3:30 p.m. Boston College #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL ABC/ESPN2 W 20–17 82,300
November 29 3:30 p.m. Florida* #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL (Rivalry) ESPN W 24–19 82,485

Unlike UM, the quality of Florida State's opponent didn't have much of an impact on their home attendance. I'm confident that the extra 185 people who might go to see FSU pummel an attenuated UM team didn't sway their decision about in which game to bestow this honor. Keep trying, good sir.

..but being the biggest home game of the year certainly did...so keep trying yourself. I know the game you play satisfy your need to whine. If FSU advertised that they were going to do the ceremony during a different home game, you'd be whining about how clearly FSU doesn't see us as important anymore, because they are choosing a game against another team to do the ceremony. Like I said, you can take pretty much ANY situation and turn it into a childish whine fest.

..but being the biggest home game of the year certainly did...so keep trying yourself. I know the game you play to satisfy your need to whine. If FSU advertised that they were going to do the ceremony during a different home game, you'd be whining about how clearly FSU doesn't see us as important anymore, because they are choosing a game against another team to do the ceremony. Like I said, you can take pretty much ANY situation and turn it into a childish whine fest.

Advertisement

..but being the biggest home game of the year certainly did...so keep trying yourself. I know the game you play to satisfy your need to whine. If FSU advertised that they were going to do the ceremony during a different home game, you'd be whining about how clearly FSU doesn't see us as important anymore, because they are choosing a game against another team to do the ceremony. Like I said, you can take pretty much ANY situation and turn it into a childish whine fest.

As predicted, DK is met with facts and turns it into a personal insult. So much for being a champion of logic or whatever the **** he always says to justify the **** sucking.

As predicted, DK is met with facts and turns it into a personal insult. So much for being a champion of logic or whatever the **** he always says to justify the **** sucking.

Where is the "fact" in making the silly claim that FSU chose the UM game because they don't think we can win and as an insult? That's not fact, that's baseless whining from someone who does nothing but whine.

Hey dk72

Other than having a whiny, broke, disloyal, delusional, apathetic, bandwagon fanbase and players that don't execute IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE STATE OF MIAMI FOOTBALL? OUR ADMIN, STAFF, PHILOSOPHIES, GAMEPLANS?

Hey dk72

Other than having a whiny, broke, disloyal, delusional, apathetic, bandwagon fanbase and players that don't execute IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE STATE OF MIAMI FOOTBALL? OUR ADMIN, STAFF, PHILOSOPHIES, GAMEPLANS?

Never claimed there wasn't anything wrong, but keep setting up your strawmen so you can feel accomplished by knocking them down. One can be disappointed in the direction of a program without acting like a whiny, petulant child and making up crap to complain about. I'm disappointed in Golden. He hasn't lived up to expectations. I've already said it before, if he got fired over the summer, I'd have no problems with it. If he doesn't have a good year this coming season, he should be let go. The fact that he hasn't performed to expectations doesn't, however (unlike what some of the nuts on here are trying to push) mean that he's: 1) Intentionally doing a bad job and just wants to collect a check; 2) Lies to recruits and players; 3) Is complicit in the Sandusky scandal; 4) or any of countless other stupid, childish, emotionally immature allegations. Making up idiotic complaints about FSU's scheduling of a ceremony is just as stupid, childish, and whiny.

Advertisement
Back