We are now a homecoming opponent. Great work!

FSU's homecoming game is against NC State this year. Not sure what the big deal is with them retiring Jone's number before our game with them given that we are their biggest home game this year (bigger crowd to honor him). But whine away about made up nonsense anyway.

No whining, friend. I'm simply pointing out that, in FSU's brass' minds, we are no longer a threat to beat them as they wouldn't bestow an honor like this on one of their all-time great players at a game that they didn't think that they are going to win. Keep on keeping on, sir.

No, teams bestow honors on their players in front of the biggest crowds they can get. Far more of an honor than doing it in front of a half-sized crowd against a lower team. Marvin Jones also played during the heyday of our rivalry, so it makes sense to honor him at the biggest home game of the year. But you can manage to turn anything into something to whine about.

Here are Florida State's home attendance figures from last year:

September 6 7:30 p.m. The Citadel* #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL RSN W 37–12 81,294
September 20 8:00 p.m. [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 2[/URL] Clemson #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL (Rivalry) ABC W 23–17 OT 82,316
October 4 3:30 p.m. Wake Forest #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL ABC W 43–3 82,327
October 18 8:00 p.m. #5 Notre Dame* #2 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL ABC W 31–27 82,431
November 8 6:30 p.m. Virginia #2 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL (Jefferson–Eppes Trophy) ESPN W 34–20 82,325
November 22 3:30 p.m. Boston College #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL ABC/ESPN2 W 20–17 82,300
November 29 3:30 p.m. Florida* #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL (Rivalry) ESPN W 24–19 82,485

Unlike UM, the quality of Florida State's opponent didn't have much of an impact on their home attendance. I'm confident that the extra 185 people who might go to see FSU pummel an attenuated UM team didn't sway their decision about in which game to bestow this honor. Keep trying, good sir.

..but being the biggest home game of the year certainly did...so keep trying yourself. I know the game you play satisfy your need to whine. If FSU advertised that they were going to do the ceremony during a different home game, you'd be whining about how clearly FSU doesn't see us as important anymore, because they are choosing a game against another team to do the ceremony. Like I said, you can take pretty much ANY situation and turn it into a childish whine fest.

Is that what I would be doing? If FSU chose another game on which to bestow this honor on Marv, I wouldn't say anything because that would be a sign of respect toward UM's program.

Advertisement
No, teams bestow honors on their players in front of the biggest crowds they can get. Far more of an honor than doing it in front of a half-sized crowd against a lower team. Marvin Jones also played during the heyday of our rivalry, so it makes sense to honor him at the biggest home game of the year. But you can manage to turn anything into something to whine about.

September 6 7:30 p.m. The Citadel* #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL RSN W 37–12 81,294
September 20 8:00 p.m. [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 2[/URL] Clemson #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL (Rivalry) ABC W 23–17 OT 82,316
October 4 3:30 p.m. Wake Forest #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL ABC W 43–3 82,327
October 18 8:00 p.m. #5 Notre Dame* #2 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL ABC W 31–27 82,431
November 8 6:30 p.m. Virginia #2 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL (Jefferson–Eppes Trophy) ESPN W 34–20 82,325
November 22 3:30 p.m. Boston College #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL ABC/ESPN2 W 20–17 82,300
November 29 3:30 p.m. Florida* #1 Doak Campbell Stadium • Tallahassee, FL (Rivalry) ESPN W 24–19 82,485

Unlike UM, the quality of Florida State's opponent didn't have much of an impact on their home attendance. I'm confident that the extra 185 people who might go to see FSU pummel an attenuated UM team didn't sway their decision about in which game to bestow this honor. Keep trying, good sir.

..but being the biggest home game of the year certainly did...so keep trying yourself. I know the game you play to satisfy your need to whine. If FSU advertised that they were going to do the ceremony during a different home game, you'd be whining about how clearly FSU doesn't see us as important anymore, because they are choosing a game against another team to do the ceremony. Like I said, you can take pretty much ANY situation and turn it into a childish whine fest.

As predicted, DK is met with facts and turns it into a personal insult. So much for being a champion of logic or whatever the **** he always says to justify the **** sucking.

Where is the "fact" in making the silly claim that FSU chose the UM game because they don't think we can win and as an insult? That's not fact, that's baseless whining from someone who does nothing but whine.
You said teams bestow honors "In front of the biggest crowds". Dear friend Ibis Wingz displayed that FSU sells out regardless of the opponent, wether it is Boston College or top 5 Notre Dame does not even have a 300 ticket impact, and you met it with speculation, that a sub .500 one way "rival" who has, and will get **** stomped means more and tied on an insult.

Typical cagot team captain.

..but being the biggest home game of the year certainly did...so keep trying yourself. I know the game you play to satisfy your need to whine. If FSU advertised that they were going to do the ceremony during a different home game, you'd be whining about how clearly FSU doesn't see us as important anymore, because they are choosing a game against another team to do the ceremony. Like I said, you can take pretty much ANY situation and turn it into a childish whine fest.

As predicted, DK is met with facts and turns it into a personal insult. So much for being a champion of logic or whatever the **** he always says to justify the **** sucking.

Where is the "fact" in making the silly claim that FSU chose the UM game because they don't think we can win and as an insult? That's not fact, that's baseless whining from someone who does nothing but whine.
You said teams bestow honors "In front of the biggest crowds". Dear friend Ibis Wingz displayed that FSU sells out regardless of the opponent, wether it is Boston College or top 5 Notre Dame does not even have a 300 ticket impact, and you met it with speculation, that a sub .500 one way "rival" who has, and will get **** stomped means more and tied on an insult.

Guess they have better fans than we do, who show up to even bad games. Doesn't change the fact that the UM game is the biggest home game on their schedule. Pretending otherwise is just willful stupidity.

Guess they have better fans than we do, who show up to even bad games. Doesn't change the fact that the UM game is the biggest home game on their schedule. Pretending otherwise is just willful stupidity.

And right on cue, DK getting served with facts and turns it into a "UM fans suck" diatribe.

But remember guys, Andrew really cleaned up the site. LULZ.

No whining, friend. I'm simply pointing out that, in FSU's brass' minds, we are no longer a threat to beat them as they wouldn't bestow an honor like this on one of their all-time great players at a game that they didn't think that they are going to win. Keep on keeping on, sir.

..but being the biggest home game of the year certainly did...so keep trying yourself. I know the game you play satisfy your need to whine. If FSU advertised that they were going to do the ceremony during a different home game, you'd be whining about how clearly FSU doesn't see us as important anymore, because they are choosing a game against another team to do the ceremony. Like I said, you can take pretty much ANY situation and turn it into a childish whine fest.

Is that what I would be doing? If FSU chose another game on which to bestow this honor on Marv, I wouldn't say anything because that would be a sign of respect toward UM's program.

No, you've shown that you'll take any situation and turn it into a whinefest about how it shows Miami sucks. It's your M.O.

Advertisement

And right on cue, DK getting served with facts and turns it into a "UM fans suck" diatribe.

But remember guys, Andrew really cleaned up the site. LULZ.

I'm waiting for the "facts" that you claim. Where are the "facts" that FSU chose the UM game as an insult and because they view it as an easy win? The OP even lied about it being a homecoming game. So "right on cue", the whiners take a situation that has nothing to do with the state of UM football, and turn it into a *****fest about the program. Maybe you guys need to be cleaned up.

Completely agree. Marvin Jones DESERVES the best, most important home game they can give him. That's UM. This isn't a dig at UM, but respect, knowing UM/FSU is a HUGE game. Marvin Jones played during the UM/FSU heyday, so this is perfectly fitting.
FSU is retiring Marvin Jones' number before our game with them on October 10, 2015. This is certainly a tribute to the quality of our program at this point.

FSU to retire former LB Marvin Jones' No. 55 jersey

FSU's homecoming game is against NC State this year. Not sure what the big deal is with them retiring Jone's number before our game with them given that we are their biggest home game this year (bigger crowd to honor him). But whine away about made up nonsense anyway.

Completely agree. Marvin Jones DESERVES the best, most important home game they can give him. That's UM. This isn't a dig at UM, but respect, knowing UM/FSU is a HUGE game. Marvin Jones played during the UM/FSU heyday, so this is perfectly fitting.
FSU is retiring Marvin Jones' number before our game with them on October 10, 2015. This is certainly a tribute to the quality of our program at this point.

Hey now, no logic or sense allowed, or you'll be labeled a "slurper" or other such juvenile name, or possibly even a "plant" hired by the AD, even if you want Golden gone.

Hey now, no logic or sense allowed, or you'll be labeled a "slurper" or other such juvenile name, or possibly even a "plant" hired by the AD, even if you want Golden gone.
All this because you were proven wrong in your initial post so you change the metric of your argument go on the offensive. I can't believe you associate yourself with the fan base you belittle so much. smh.

Advertisement

All this because you were proven wrong in your initial post so you change the metric of your argument go on the offensive. I can't believe you associate yourself with the fan base you belittle so much. smh.

Do you ever get tired of being so wrong?

My argument involved both the attendance and the fact that it's their biggest home game of the year. The fact that FSU fans go to the lesser games as well doesn't change the fact that we are their biggest home game this year, there is no disputing that. As for the fanbase...you and the whiners don't represent the fanbase, but sadly, a lot of the fanbase consists of bandwagoners, or the whiners who want to make up things to attack the program.

dk72 whining about the whining. That's really mature.

I'm convinced he is bomb's second account.

He's gotta be.

He's gotta be.

No, just enjoy shooting down the stupid conspiracy theories, baseless complaints, made up problems, etc. It's like whack-a-mole against your nonsense.

He's gotta be.

No, just enjoy shooting down the stupid conspiracy theories, baseless complaints, made up problems, etc. It's like whack-a-mole against your nonsense.

Blast away. Gorlden is still gonna be garbage whether you white knight for him or not.

Advertisement

How does it feel to crush an AIDS-carrying mosquito? You're an American hero, dear friend. You just dominated that mosquito with facts, and all he's got left now is his ability to post the same thing incessantly until the people who crush him get bored and stop responding.

He's one of those unfortunate people with a concrete beard who doesn't know when it's best to just stay down. He's that stumbling freckled red-haired dude in old white sneakers laced too tightly with a velcro strap across the top bleeding from every ******* in his head slurring out "Is that all you got?" to the guy who has punched him in the face 400 times without getting hit once in return.

Advertisement
Hey dk72

Other than having a whiny, broke, disloyal, delusional, apathetic, bandwagon fanbase and players that don't execute IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE STATE OF MIAMI FOOTBALL? OUR ADMIN, STAFF, PHILOSOPHIES, GAMEPLANS?

Never claimed there wasn't anything wrong, but keep setting up your strawmen so you can feel accomplished by knocking them down. One can be disappointed in the direction of a program without acting like a whiny, petulant child and making up crap to complain about. I'm disappointed in Golden. He hasn't lived up to expectations. I've already said it before, if he got fired over the summer, I'd have no problems with it. If he doesn't have a good year this coming season, he should be let go. The fact that he hasn't performed to expectations doesn't, however (unlike what some of the nuts on here are trying to push) mean that he's: 1) Intentionally doing a bad job and just wants to collect a check; 2) Lies to recruits and players; 3) Is complicit in the Sandusky scandal; 4) or any of countless other stupid, childish, emotionally immature allegations. Making up idiotic complaints about FSU's scheduling of a ceremony is just as stupid, childish, and whiny.

Hate to say it, but you are right. Al is not the problem. All this is Donna's and BOT's fault. Nothing criminoles do matters; we are what matters.

Jimbo knows we're down and he's crushing our windpipe.

UM is the wounded wildebeest to Jimbo's hungry lion. I think this sad spectacle of bullying says more about Jimbo than it does UM.

Jimbos a pu$$y a$$ *****. Just like all you scared trolls. GTFoff this board
No Swag

Flagged for swearing and derailing a peaceful discussion and also using the word swag in a sentence

flag this d f boy
Just to be clear. if someone puts "No swag" it not a sentence. its a statement. So if i was to put. CaneFanWNY is a f boy with no swag. that would be a sentence.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back