We are in Vernon Carey's final 4

Advertisement
I was more surprised/disappointed to hear Vernon Sr wasn’t a huge UM fan, but, when you think about it, you never hear of him around the program.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Meant to say wasn’t. There’s no bad blood, he’s just a not huge supporter like others. Just not an active alum who is a vocal “hurricane” like others.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Spoke with someone a few weeks ago who is close with Vernon. Kid is not coming to UM. And my understanding is Vernon is not pushing him to UM or much less encouraging UM. Was told Vernon is much more a dolphin than a hurricane. He is a UM fan, but isn’t that close to the program. As many of our other alumni are. Just is more of a pro/Dolphins guy than he is a hurricane.

also, dad is making the smart move and letting Carey Jr pick whatever school he wants. going to duke, MSU, KU, UK, etc. would serve him better in the long run in terms of a pro career.

He’s not coming to Miami. I know a friend of the family. Nothing we could do.

i don't blame him. if you're an elite BB player and have a chance at playing for Coach K, you gotta do it. you know **** put you in the league and you'll get the exposure on a nightly basis

Advertisement
Exactly and let's not act like kids from Duke light it up in the league either. With all the high draft picks and NCAA titles. Your looking at Grant Hill, Elton Brand, Kyrie Irving, Carlos Boozer and Shane Battier/Luol Deng as the best 5 NBA careers from that program. Not exactly a plethora of hall of famers.

Correct. A one and done lottery pick will be a one and done lottery pick whether he goes to Duke or FIU.

Might be easier to stand out in a run and gun system like Duke or Carolina than in a half court offense like we run.

Interesting with Duke though, how many commentators are now openly saying Duke is a better team (defense, spacing, positive effect on other players, etc) WITHOUT Marvin Bagley. You can have too many great players.

yeah, let's not pretend like he can't or won't get to the nba just as fast at UM as he would duke.

Advertisement
Back