We are in Vernon Carey's final 4

Advertisement
Who did he eliminate?

Carey said he hopes to make his college decision by August. He had an unofficial visit to Duke during the John Wall Invitational last month and plans his first official visit Feb. 10-11 to Michigan State.

“Duke, North Carolina, Michigan State, Miami and Kansas are probably looking at me the hardest,” he said. “Duke wants me because a lot of their big guys are going to the draft. (Michigan State Coach Tom) Izzo says I could be an impactful guy on their squad. Miami is where my dad played and they have told me I could start a legacy there. Coach (Jim) Larranaga has been recruiting me since the ninth grade.”

I talked to both Vernon Sr. and his son at the Orange Bowl. They tailgeted with us. His son by the way is about 6'4" 260lbs in middle school. Vernon said he wants him to go to Miami, but doesn't know yet. Yonger brother said he isn't choosing Miami.

Last edited:
Who did he eliminate?

Carey said he hopes to make his college decision by August. He had an unofficial visit to Duke during the John Wall Invitational last month and plans his first official visit Feb. 10-11 to Michigan State.

“Duke, North Carolina, Michigan State, Miami and Kansas are probably looking at me the hardest,” he said. “Duke wants me because a lot of their big guys are going to the draft. (Michigan State Coach Tom) Izzo says I could be an impactful guy on their squad. Miami is where my dad played and they have told me I could start a legacy there. Coach (Jim) Larranaga has been recruiting me since the ninth grade.”

UM in his final four with Duke, Michigan State and North Carolina.

Miami Hurricanes? Malik Rosier prepared for battle to keep job | Miami Herald

I talked to both Vernon Sr. and his son at the Orange Bowl. They tailgeted with us. His son by the way is about 6'4" 260lbs in middle school. Vernon said he wants him to go to Miami, but doesn't know yet. Yonger brother said he isn't choosing Miami.

Younger brother said who isn't choosing Miami? The younger brother? Or Jr.?

Advertisement
The middle school brother said his star brother isn't going to Miami. The high schooler wasn't there.

The middle school kid did say that he would go to Miami but I have no idea how good at football he is. Huge kid though.

Missing out on Jr would be the ultimate snub. If this were the football board, the hatred would be staggering.

Advertisement

Sad, but somewhat expected. Hope Vernon gets the last big word in.....

UM

Advertisement
See Zion Williamson the #2 recruit in the nation picked Duke tonight. Over his home state Clemson team (who were thought to be the front runners). That's 4 Top 10 recruits in back-to-back classes.

Last edited:
See Zion Williamson the #2 recruit in the nation picked Duke tonight. Over his home state Clemson team (who were thought to be the front runners). That's 4 Top 10 recruits in back-to-back classes.

Coach K has decided to out Cal Cal. Duke has turned into one and done central. Kentucky is the biggest loser. Have I mentioned how much I detest one and done?

Advertisement

Coach K has decided to out Cal Cal. Duke has turned into one and done central. Kentucky is the biggest loser. Have I mentioned how much I detest one and done?

Yes and it took Coach K to modify his strategy (in terms of gameday coaching) to fit these one and done. Duke used to be the place where he wanted players for 4 years.

Yes and it took Coach K to modify his strategy (in terms of gameday coaching) to fit these one and done. Duke used to be the place where he wanted players for 4 years.

Yup, UNC is know the 4 year elite school.

[TWEET]957414315417620480[/TWEET]

Jesus christ we can't lose this kid

#1 ranked player in the county, own backyard, ******* Cane legacy. Larranaga has to close

I'd love it if Junior followed in his father's footsteps, but I'd understand if he made the business decision to go elsewhere. For all Coach L has done, he's not a blue blood coach and he's not coaching a blue blood school. Simple fact is Miami/Coach L haven't produced a Top 5 NBA kid since Rick Barry in 1965. Junior is looking at being a one-and-done lottery pick and he doesn't want to ***** that up.

I know there have been recent No. 1 picks outside the blue bloods, but those are rare. In this year's Draft, after Fultz (Washington), the next 4 all came from blue blood schools. When you are wagering such high dollars, most rational beings go with the best odds. Also, UM's 2019 roster doesn't look strong if you factor in Brown and Walker leaving and no one replacing them. The FBI probe is really hindering UM's efforts.

I usually get very angry at legacies who choose another school over UM, but in Junior's case I would understand. BTW, he's excellent. He has all of the tools but prefers to operate close to the basket. He reminds me of Embiid. Junior's second jump is quicker than any I've seen since Moses Malone. His biggest flaws are: (1) poor motor at times; and (2) he's not an elite rim protector, just a decent one.

Advertisement
Back