We are going UNDEFEATED!

Does talent really automatically lead to victory? Look at the National Championship game last year. Who had the better talent? Clearly on paper, it was Alabama! Who won? Clemson!
That’s where coaching comes in. Miami isn’t facing Dabo next year. If Diaz loses to inferior opponents, with average coaching, that’s on him.

Advertisement
That’s where coaching comes in. Miami isn’t facing Dabo next year. If Diaz loses to inferior opponents, with average coaching, that’s on him.
Having a superior game plan and strategy is how you win the close games! Also, being a great motivator, like Jimmy Johnson, adds to the probability of victory.

Having a superior game plan and strategy is how you win the close games! Also, being a great motivator, like Jimmy Johnson, adds to the probability of victory.
Yea. Coaching.
Richt was not a good coach here, and regularly lost to less talented teams. Same
With Al.

My expectation is that manny is better than the last 2 guys. If he is, he will not have 3 Ls.

Not gunna lie with Tate Martell eligible. 10 wins minimum. This is the worst schedule we’ve had in 15 years...

Advertisement
Whatya mean? U want me to list 3 teams w less talent than Miami?

UF might have equivalent talent, but that’s debatable. Nobody else on the schedule does.
My bad, I though u said there were 3 teams that had more talent. UF talent is definitely on the same level as us though.

Yea. Coaching.
Richt was not a good coach here, and regularly lost to less talented teams. Same
With Al.

My expectation is that manny is better than the last 2 guys. If he is, he will not have 3 Ls.
Hope you are correct! But I would rather be pessimistic (i.e. expect less), and then be excited (i.e. be better than expected) about the future of the program.

Advertisement
But how are we supposed to Be angry enough to fly banners if we go into the season w low expectations?
I was one of those happy about the banners (From Champs to Chumps! Thanks a lot Butch!!) when they were displayed at the OB. But I was completely wrong! Butch was one of the best coaches in The U's history. Since then, I have learned to expect less (at the start) and hope for more.

I like what Manny is doing and the attitude is different. If we’re jerks beating UF, I definitely think we’ll go undefeated. If we see the same mental mistakes and aw shucks attitude, talking trash when it don’t matter, then I dunno.

Playing UF and how we play UF will be the litmus test, imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does talent really automatically lead to victory? Look at the National Championship game last year. Who had the better talent? Clearly on paper, it was Alabama! Who won? Clemson!
Clemson had the better QB, the better DL, and every bit as good playmakers. Alabama may hve had more stars, but it did not have more talent at the most important positions.

1uyx9z.jpg

I was one of those happy about the banners (From Champs to Chumps! Thanks a lot Butch!!) when they were displayed at the OB. But I was completely wrong! Butch was one of the best coaches in The U's history. Since then, I have learned to expect less (at the start) and hope for more.
I Don’t expect manny to be competitive with elite teams. I do expect him to beat the coastal tho. Dunno how much lower expectations should be, considering who’s in the coastal.

Advertisement
Back