We are going UNDEFEATED!

Looked at schedule. No doubt.

Advertisement
So, the Canes will be starting a first time head coach, a completely restructured coaching staff, a recruiting class that was anything but stellar, have no idea who the quarterback will be, have no idea if the putrid offensive line has improved, yet, in several instances, HERD members are predicting an undefeated season or will be horrified if the Canes lose a game or two.

This is called setting the bar so high that it guarantees disappointment, which is the HERD 'Bat Signal' to start *****ing and moaning about the program and calling for across the board firing's and benching's. Then the self-fulfilling prophecy becomes a reality as all of the *****ing and moaning kills recruiting and as has been the case over the last 15 years or so, we experience wash, rinse and REPEAT!!

Again I'll say I'm a helluva lot more optimistic than I was 12/28/18.

All the D coaches return except Manny and he was replaced with a young Manny clone. Lost a few keys players but Manny did a great job filling the gaps.

O Is the real question mark. But, at least we've got a competent OC/QB coach, upgrades in other O staff, and a returning nucleus of skill players that rival any team in the country.

There's plenty of reason for optimism but due to our history of the last 15 odd years, I'm cautiously optimistic.

So, the Canes will be starting a first time head coach, a completely restructured coaching staff, a recruiting class that was anything but stellar, have no idea who the quarterback will be, have no idea if the putrid offensive line has improved, yet, in several instances, HERD members are predicting an undefeated season or will be horrified if the Canes lose a game or two.

This is called setting the bar so high that it guarantees disappointment, which is the HERD 'Bat Signal' to start *****ing and moaning about the program and calling for across the board firing's and benching's. Then the self-fulfilling prophecy becomes a reality as all of the *****ing and moaning kills recruiting and as has been the case over the last 15 years or so, we experience wash, rinse and REPEAT!!
AMEN! Your comments are right on the money. Some in this thread & in this website fail to comprehend/realize the difficulty entailed in the points that you have so aptly pointed out. Plus, Spring ball has yet to take place, but they are already predicting glory. I wish that the world was always so simple.

Like a lot of other posts here, that's been said about every new coach for 10+ years.

I'm tired of possible, show me reality or stfu.
Same. And when Diaz loses his first game, you'll see the same ole Fire His *** posts recycled for the past 15 years.

Hopefully it doesn't happen against the gates.

Advertisement
Clemson had the better QB, the better DL, and every bit as good playmakers. Alabama may hve had more stars, but it did not have more talent at the most important positions.

Not one doubt about it. I wasn't real happy when the Clemson coach pulled the starting QB early on and replaced him with TL. But he knew something I didn't, TL is one of the best QB's I've seen in years. What he did to Bama as a freshman was sick. We should have no less than 10 wins this season. I'm hoping a few of those transfers are cleared to play this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not one doubt about it. I wasn't real happy when the Clemson coach pulled the starting QB early on and replaced him with TL. But he knew something I didn't, TL is one of the best QB's I've seen in years. What he did to Bama as a freshman was sick. We should have no less than 10 wins this season. I'm hoping a few of those transfers are cleared to play this year.

People continue to comfuse stars with talent. Stars may be predictive, as a probabilistic matter, but reality overrodes predictions. Clemson was better at the positions that most mattered.

22-0, no excuses!

Realistically speaking: IF we beat UF we should steamroll the rest of the schedule, we play basically 2 tough games all year vs UF @ Orlando & vs FSU @ Doak (and that game is only tough because it's a rivalry game).

Va Tech is going to be awful this year, even worse than last year, UVA will not be a 8-4/5 team either they're definitely going to take a step back. GTech will take about 2-3 years to completely transition from being a gimmick Triple Option team to a traditional regular Offense.

The wildcard will be how fast Mack Brown can get UNC back to sea level being a competitive team, their Offense with Phil Longo will be sneaky good if they can find a QB, but they don't have much talent overall & specifically on Defense.

Satterfield is a good coach, Lville will not be as bad as they've been towards the end of the Petrino era, but I def think we beat them handily this year at home.

@ Heinz field vs Pitt is 100% a trap game, they're not more talented than us by any stretch of the imagination, but The Narduzzi lives for the opportunity to catch teams slippin & get upset W's. That game will be Pitt's Super Bowl.

11-1/10-2 Reular season, we win the Coastal, lose the ACC title, but win our bowl game. IMO everything hinges on UF, we lose that game expect a 8-4/7-5 type season, we play up to our capabilities & beat UF it's sky's the limit.

I agree, the Florida game is key. The spread that came out this week really blew my confidence in our chances. Perhaps, a reminder that our QB, OL and overall Offensive issues is still not resolved. On the other hand, I’m not sold on Florida either. If our D comes to play then I like our chances. Do you think we have a serious shot at these ****ers?

Advertisement
I agree, the Florida game is key. The spread that came out this week really blew my confidence in our chances. Perhaps, a reminder that our QB, OL and overall Offensive issues is still not resolved. On the other hand, I’m not sold on Florida either. If our D comes to play then I like our chances. Do you think we have a serious shot at these ****ers?
It's February, any Spread in Feb for a game in August is completely meaningless.

Spring camp hasn't happened yet, the first & second wave of injuries haven't happened yet, suspensions haven't happened yet, post Spring transfers haven't happened yet. (I'm saying this applies for both teams)

A lot of things will transpire between now & 8/31, there's no way to determine who wins that game as of now. Vegas is of course going to lean heavy early on for UF because it's strictly based on last season's record of both teams.

As to do we have a serious shot, ABSO****INLUTELY we do. Pepe Franks is a below average QB & that Offense is very pedestrian, their pass defense was ranked 13th but their run Defense was not good at all ranked outside of the top 50. They lost their best pass rusher Jachai Polite to the Draft & if you breakdown how Kentucky, UGA & Mizzou exploited that Defense we absolutely have the firepower to do the same.

But again it's still 6 long months till that game, so nothing is set in stone & nothing will be proven until we actually step on the field & handle our business.

It's February, any Spread in Feb for a game in August is completely meaningless.

Spring camp hasn't happened yet, the first & second wave of injuries haven't happened yet, suspensions haven't happened yet, post Spring transfers haven't happened yet. (I'm saying this applies for both teams)

A lot of things will transpire between now & 8/31, there's no way to determine who wins that game as of now. Vegas is of course going to lean heavy early on for UF because it's strictly based on last season's record of both teams.

As to do we have a serious shot, ABSO****INLUTELY we do. Pepe Franks is a below average QB & that Offense is very pedestrian, their pass defense was ranked 13th but their run Defense was not good at all ranked outside of the top 50. They lost their best pass rusher Jachai Polite to the Draft & if you breakdown how Kentucky, UGA & Mizzou exploited that Defense we absolutely have the firepower to do the same.

But again it's still 6 long months till that game, so nothing is set in stone & nothing will be proven until we actually step on the field & handle our business.

Agreed. I guess I was more in shock about -8 1/2. I didn’t see that big of a spread coming. I expect that number to go down significantly. Their Offense did improve significantly last year so their system isn’t that bad.

I’ll be attending the game with my crew. I expect for us to pull a big victory on the road.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly, I'd just be happy with Manny running the table on the rest of the season. UiF is coming off a great season, and while they are overrated, I really wouldn't mind losing to them as long as we see good signs from the team. If Manny is legit, he won't drop silly games against ****** opponents like Duke or Virginia, and we'll get to face off against Clemson.

Don't get me wrong, I wanna beat the crap out of those losers week 1, but I'm more concerned about winning the coastal to show that Manny is legit.

Not going to get sucked in to the record calling this early before Spring Ball even. Let’s see what the team looks like in the Spring game then summer/fall camp. Here’s hoping for major offensive improvement to balance out our defense. I agree that the schedule doesn’t look daunting by any stretch but it’s still only February - a ton can happen before Aug 31st.

Advertisement
Back